Guardians of the Galaxy BoX Office Thread

I can say, as an MCU fan, I didn't feel the need to rush out to the theater to see the film, even with the good reviews.

I'm gonna wait to see it on D+.
One of the better MCU films of recent memory. Good send off for the characters and really helps you understand Rocket, Draks, and Mantis. One of the better villains that I have seen in the movies in a while. Not just talking about comic book movies. You want to see him get his in the end.

Looks to trend higher now, so could end up $650m but I am not seeing $700m yet especially there are quite a few big releases next few weeks leading to summer.

Looks to trend higher now, so could end up $650m but I am not seeing $700m yet especially there are quite a few big releases next few weeks leading to summer.
Guardians doesn't really have any major competition until Fast X.

Its only safe for 1 more weekend.

When Fast X and the Little Mermaid open, then we'll see how it would really drop.

Some potential good news with the drops on Sunday being lower than expected.

The numbers I'm seeing this weekend keep trending upwards, which is usually a good sign. Batman & Robin this is not.

The OW itself is a bit of a letdown but the word of mouth seems good and that should compensate moving forward so I think over 700M final total is a solid guess. Still, going from 146/GOTG2 to 115-120/GOTG3 is a considerable decrease for the franchise that does raise some eyebrows.

The OW itself is a bit of a letdown but the word of mouth seems good and that should compensate moving forward so I think over 700M final total is a solid guess. Still, going from 146/GOTG2 to 115-120/GOTG3 is a considerable decrease for the franchise that does raise some eyebrows.

We're in the post-pandemic era and the Marvel brand suffered a series of hits (Love & Thunder, Quantumania) which made people adopt a wait & see attitude instead of automatically going out to watch the newest MCU chapter.

Honestly if you think about it, Guardians of the GalaXy are still in a different league compare to Batman, Superman and Spider-Man. So I'm not surprised that it has peaked with the second movie, and being part of the MCU was a big reason for its success. Not because it was an adaptation of a beloved comic book Ip.

This third movie is still successful (assuming the legs are healthy and it could hit $250 million domestically) but boX office wise, there's a noticeable drop from the second movie. Then post-Endgame, Guardians didn't really get a boost. Dr. Strange and Ant-Man both opened higher their predecessors and in North America, Ant-Man 3 is the highest grossing Ant-Man film, while Dr. Strange 2 outgrossed DS1 in North America and worldwide by a large margin.

I'm eXpecting Marvels to face the same fate as Guardians in November.

Last edited:
We're in the post-pandemic era and the Marvel brand suffered a series of hits (Love & Thunder, Quantumania) which made people adopt a wait & see attitude instead of automatically going out to watch the newest MCU chapter.
Regarding this film there seems to be many more factors at play. Anyways it seems like it’s on track to do a very healthy BO run specially with China back into the mix.

Looks now like it might top $290m WW once all the dust settles.

Early Monday read over at BOT is a strong $9.15-9.25 million, which would suggest a sub-50% drop ($60-65 million) next weekend, which would be fantastic.

This is a common occurrence for sequels.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"