Guardians of the Galaxy Bradley Cooper IS Rocket Raccoon

Hyde

Ooga-Chaka
Reaction score
OFFICIAL: Bradley Cooper to Voice Rocket Raccoon in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy

Rocket Raccoon has finally found his voice!

Academy Award-nominated actor Bradley Cooper has officially joined the cast of Marvel's "Guardians of the Galaxy," lending his voice to the fan-favorite raccoon that will join Peter Quill (Chris Pratt), Gamora (Zoe Saldana) and Drax (Dave Bautista) on their epic adventure.

Cooper has previously starred in "Silver Linings Playbook," for which he was nominated for an Oscar®, "Limitless," "Place Beyond the Pines" and the "Hangover" trilogy, the latter of which has grossed $1.4 billion globally. He will next be seen in "American Hustle" which will reunite him with "Silver Linings Playbook" director David O. Russell. "Guardians of the Galaxy" will mark Cooper's first voiceover work.

In the far reaches of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, an unlikely cast of characters including Peter Quill, Gamora, Drax, Groot and Rocket Raccoon must join forces to defeat a cosmic force of epic proportions. Directed by James Gunn, the live-action "Guardians of the Galaxy" will take fans to new corners of the Marvel Universe when it hits theaters August 1, 2014, but in the meantime stay tuned to Marvel.com for the latest news as it breaks, including official casting, first looks and more!

In addition to "Guardians of the Galaxy," Marvel Studios will release a slate of films based on the Marvel characters including "Thor: The Dark World" on November 8; "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" on April 4, 2014; "Avengers: Age of Ultron" on May 1, 2015; and "Ant-Man" on November 6, 2015.

http://marvel.com/news/story/21107/...et_raccoon_in_marvels_guardians_of_the_galaxy

Last edited:
you've got to be freakin kidding me.

Never mind all the characters, but the fact of how ridiculous this cast is, and in a Marvel movie, this may be my most anticipated film of all time.

lets see how crowded it gets in here

i wonder if he will do a character voice, rather than just use his own.

Last edited:
Well I'm reading GotG for the first time right now (Abnett's run), and while Cooper's voice isn't anywhere close to what I was imagining, I could see it working pretty well. My excitement for this film grows by the day. :up:

Well I'm reading GotG for the first time right now (Abnett's run), and while Cooper's voice isn't anywhere close to what I was imagining, I could see it working pretty well. My excitement for this film grows by the day. :up:

See, what I imagined when I read Rocket, was a "badass" Mr. Krabs from spongebob.

My prejudgement is that I love it. Big name, talented, and is great at both comedy and drama.

I actually hope he does a fairly normal voice, with more focus on striking delivery.

The amount of big names in this movie is unreal for such an obscure comic series. Seems actors really want to work with Marvel, no matter what role it is.

Duran Man approves:up:

Too bad we won't see him.:csad:

i think it's the shared universe that gets these actors. they have a chance for multiple movies, which their agents love.

Yep. This is serious WTF casting. But I love it. And It seems like these high-profile actors want to be in Marvel movies for instant exposure and the likelihood of a high-grossing franchise.

This cast is bananas. At this rate, it'll be hard to find someone in Hollywood who's NOT in the MCU.

I'm just hoping that this doesn't foreclose BC from any other Marvel movie role in the future.

I've got to hear his voice as Rocket asap, because in my head it's just not working.

Well glad to hear that it's confirmed now. I guess he could be good. But what about official word on Vin Diesel as Groot? What's taking so long there to finalise things when Cooper has been confirmed as Rocket?

Well it ain't the British accent, but I'm cool with it. Cooper's gonna rock it.

I'm cool with Cooper voicing Rocket. Though, I think Cooper should've been Flash or Nova.

I hope he uses an accent; whether it's British, New York, Southern, whatever. A normal sounding Rocket seems weird to me.

So who is going to be promoted as the main star of this movie now? If people ask who is in this film, won't the first names likely be Bradley Cooper, Vin Diesel (if he's confirmed) Zoe Saldana, Benicio Del Toro and Glenn Close? They're all more known than Chris Pratt or Dave Bautista.

I would think a lot of press articles would list Cooper as the main star given that he seems most like the Hollywood leading man, even though he's actually playing a raccoon here.

I was expecting it to be a surprise but oh well. I'm sure he will do great :up:

I see what you did there...

I was wondering who'd spot it first. :funny:

tumblr_m6x8zeaDSL1rawb5do1_r1_500.gif

I'm cool with Cooper voicing Rocket. Though, I think Cooper should've been Flash or Nova.

I hope he uses an accent; whether it's British, New York, Southern, whatever. A normal sounding Rocket seems weird to me.

I can imagine Rocket with a Brooklyn accent.

Love it. Cooper apparently is a master of doing different impressions/voices. He can definitely pull off cocky

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"