Arrow Brandon Routh IS Ray Palmer/The Atom

Mr. Dent

Superhero
Reaction score
the_atom_by_ash4fire-d3ho7r4.jpg

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/arrow-brandon-routh-joins-season-716916

Very cool news! Routh deserves much more exposure, and this is certainly fitting.

I love ti no matter what the superman returns say.

It looks like Oliver/felicity shippers will be out of luck since Ray Palmer Is
suspose to become involved with Felicity.

so if Brandon Routh age 34 is Ray Palmer and Teryl Rothery age 51 is Jean Loring Does that mean Jean Loring is or will be a Cougar in ARROW':whatever:

15ygewo.jpg

I would never peg him for The Atom type...so it shall be interesting to see.

This is actually kinda surprising. I'm looking forward to seeing him on the show.

so if Brandon Routh age 34 is Ray Palmer and Teryl Rothery age 51 is Jean Loring Does that mean Jean Loring is or will be a Cougar in ARROW':whatever:

The show's Jean Loring could always be the mother of the Jean Loring he'll marry.

I wonder how long before we see him in a costume.

:whatever:Any one think they useing him this early because they wanted to precede the ant-man movie so people, especially viewers who are not Reading Comics ap not think he just a ant-man rip off

Wonder if this means they might recast Jean Loring with a younger person and have them cross paths a few times, just to give us that "Ya we know" nod.

I liked Routh. I dig this casting. I still think he's have made for a great Richard Cypher in a Sword of Truth movie.

The show's Jean Loring could always be the mother of the Jean Loring he'll marry.

I wonder how long before we see him in a costume.

I assume no sooner than midseason, considering he'll, more or less, be a series regular. They have adequate time to build to it.

Congrats to Brandon Routh. I think he will shine as Ray Palmer/ Atom than he did as Superman. It's a proven that the Superman Curse can be broken here.

I'm suspecting atleast ONE superman joke to come from this.

best news EVER i love Routh and i love the Atom, i couldn't be happier

Fun! Great casting.

I'm suspecting atleast ONE superman joke to come from this.

Seriously. I was going to say. Kind of funny wink nudge way to have 'Superman' on Arrow too.

Last edited:
I don't understand why Arrow would be as low key, barely science fiction as it was in the first season and then by season 3 have an incredible shrinking man. I mean, I would have embraced a more fantastical Arrow if that was what they'd originally created, but to me this is less awesome news and more potential shark-jumping moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"