• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Brave and the Bold Casting Thread

Powell as Batman feels so off. He's very good, but his face is weird for that role to me.
Interesting because his face is the only thing I could see working for him in that role lol. Everything else is wrong.

1716931709702.jpeg

This is the face I think of when I think of Glen Powell lol it’s an absurd picture tbf tho

He’s a good actor and I don’t even doubt his ability to pull it off, but it just doesn’t mesh in my mind rn

Interesting because his face is the only thing I could see working for him in that role lol. Everything else is wrong.

View attachment 91880

This is the face I think of when I think of Glen Powell lol it’s an absurd picture tbf tho

He’s a good actor and I don’t even doubt his ability to pull it off, but it just doesn’t mesh in my mind rn
He wouldn't be a bad Gambit. :hmm

I would just like to go on the record and say that I’d like to see a late-seventies-born hunk in the role. Take your pick…

ddf1af29faa3fb9f0f32e415a410b47af07286c9.pnj

a3e2adb2a368e66d1fe4b328409c6187534eeb83.jpg

ff7ee0e6caf21720cd807e73f4a9f2d1452c1e35.jpg

bf9bdb53f5ba030d11dc4e07fa5a3e5e99835c24.jpg

Powell is so un-Batmany that it ironically would sell the whole idea of the public brushing off the notion of the vapid shallow goofy Bruce Wayne being Batman. But yeah, I haven't seen enough of his dramatic chops to sell me on the "real" Bruce.

Personally I find him so believably bland, like a discount Ryan Gosling, that the only role I can see him pulling off is Booster Gold (a guy who's not as cool as he thinks)

Last edited:
I'd have never thought of Powell but I could see it maybe working - he's definitely a rising star with a ton of charisma (and an old school Hollywood type of vibe), he feels like a potentially decent fit for this version of Batman, and he would be a nice contrast with Pattinson. He's also (to me at least) one of the only actors in their mid 30s who I could actually buy as a father figure to multiple kids in their teens/early twenties.

I'd still be surprised if he actually got the part but I can definitely see him getting an audition.

Charles Melton, Cosmo Jarvis or Tom Burke.

I don't know. Neither of those two looks like David to me.
I think they look close enough for it to be plausible. Certainly they’d be no more questionable than Brando/Reeve.

I don’t see any resemblance between Peck and Corenswet at all beyond “dark hair.” Peck is more of a Bruce Wayne than a Jor-El imo.

It's funny because Ethan does remind me of Corenswet somewhat and he does resemble Bruce more than some of the other candidates (specifically Neal Adams Bruce) but god I lump him in with OJC in which he's very much a case for me where I'd probably be fine with him if Robert's take didn't already exist and also if this was a "Dick as Robin" era Batman but he really doesn't have the gravitas or intensity to me for a Batman that's already by Damian Wayne era or inspired by the Morrison run. It doesn't help that I've been trying to glance at him through his body of work and his range seems excessively limited; at least OJC is a little more versatile.

I don’t see any resemblance between Peck and Corenswet at all beyond “dark hair.” Peck is more of a Bruce Wayne than a Jor-El imo.
Same. I also think that Sarafyan has a really distinct Armenian look that makes her a better fit for Talia perhaps.

It's funny because Ethan does remind me of Corenswet somewhat and he does resemble Bruce more than some of the other candidates (specifically Neal Adams Bruce) but god I lump him in with OJC in which he's very much a case for me where I'd probably be fine with him if Robert's take didn't already exist and also if this was a "Dick as Robin" era Batman but he really doesn't have the gravitas or intensity to me for a Batman that's already by Damian Wayne era or inspired by the Morrison run. It doesn't help that I've been trying to glance at him through his body of work and his range seems excessively limited; at least OJC is a little more versatile.
Also I mentioned it before but I really can't help but have the sense that with the suit on he'd almost seem like a discount Pattinson lol. They have the exact same heights, exact same builds, are the exact same ages, and while it'd be hard to mistake one for the other unmasked, they both have these really angular, model-like jaws that look /great/ for Batman and are very Neal Adam-esque but would also make him look ridiculously similar to Robert when underneath the cowl.

That's the least of my issues with him though and I could easily overlook it if I saw him have more range or intensity or gravitas as an actor, but compounded it makes me not really be enthusiastic about him for this specific Batman. Which is a shame because there are probably other scenarios where I'd have liked to see him as Batman.

Personally I wouldn't mind Bruce and Clark sharing similar appearances. They do in the comics quite often.

I go back and forth on Peck. I like his look, and being the grandson of Gregory Peck is a bonus, but I wish I could see a bit more of him as a performer. I agree with Invader there. What limited amount I've seen of him makes me wonder if he can 1) exude the charism and gravitas needed for the role and 2) convincingly play a father figure. But I know he wants the role. He's not been shy about that in the past. His agent is incompetent if he can't at least get a tape submitted.

EqRcIH8VEAA6sPJ

I would just like to go on the record and say that I’d like to see a late-seventies-born hunk in the role. Take your pick…

ddf1af29faa3fb9f0f32e415a410b47af07286c9.pnj

a3e2adb2a368e66d1fe4b328409c6187534eeb83.jpg

ff7ee0e6caf21720cd807e73f4a9f2d1452c1e35.jpg

bf9bdb53f5ba030d11dc4e07fa5a3e5e99835c24.jpg
Give me Oscar Isaac or Josh Hartnett as DCU Bruce

Also I mentioned it before but I really can't help but have the sense that with the suit on he'd almost seem like a discount Pattinson lol. They have the exact same heights, exact same builds, are the exact same ages, and while it'd be hard to mistake one for the other unmasked, they both have these really angular, model-like jaws that look /great/ for Batman and are very Neal Adam-esque but would also make him look ridiculously similar to Robert when underneath the cowl.

That's the least of my issues with him though and I could easily overlook it if I saw him have more range or intensity or gravitas as an actor, but compounded it makes me not really be enthusiastic about him for this specific Batman. Which is a shame because there are probably other scenarios where I'd have liked to see him as Batman.
I'm truly not getting "discount Pattinson" from Peck at all, despite the fact that they're similar in age and height (I haven't looked at their physiques that closely, but Peck seems to be more barrel-chested, IMO). I'm also not concerned that they'll look too similar under the cowl because their lip formations are so different.

In any case, if you're right and Gunn doesn't mind if an actor under consideration for a role looks like their would-be predecessor in the part, it's a moot point. By the time he gets started with the DCU Batman, Reeves' take on the character will most likely be nearing completion.

Side note: Pace is great and all, but he almost feels like a dream choice. We've gotta have backups, man!

Users who are viewing this thread

• Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Smudger22587
    Back
    monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"