Bravely Second

zenith16

Avenger
Reaction score
Bravely Second Scenario Is Complete, More To Come This Summer. April 10, 2014 . 2:36pm

Series producer Tomoya Asano shedS some light on its current state of development of Bravely Second.

It’s been a couple months since we last heard anything about Bravely Second, the upcoming sequel to the hit 3DS title, Bravely Default. Series producer Tomoya Asano shed some light on its current state of development in the special rumors article featured in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine.

According to the report, the scenario for Bravely Second is just about wrapped up. Says Asano, “We’re currently at the height of the planning [stage] for the game. As far as new information goes, we’ll likely be revealing more this summer, so please look forward to it!”

Bravely Second is currently in development for Nintendo 3DS.
source:Siliconera

Expect More Info On Bravely Second This Summer. June 8, 2014 . 5:00pm

You can expect information on Bravely Second, the sequel to Bravely Default, this Summer, according to the official Bravely Default Twitter account.

You can expect information on Bravely Second, the sequel to Bravely Default, this Summer, according to the official Bravely Default Twitter account. (Thanks, GoNintendo)

Yesterday, a Twitter user asked the account—which is normally run by Bravely producer Tomoya Asano—whether the game would be at E3. To this, the account replied (in English): “I’m sorry. Already wait a minute. m_ _m”

Shortly thereafter, the account tweeted (once again in English): “Wait for the information of the BRAVELY SECOND until summer.”

For now, we interpret this to mean that more information on Bravely Second will be revealed in Japan this Summer—not that the Twitter account is confirming a western release. Of course, seeing Bravely Second in the West wouldn’t come as a surprise at all, given how well Bravely Default did.

Bravely Second Shows Magnolia In Different Job Forms, And A Look At Agnes. July 23, 2014 . 6:05am

The latest issue of Jump magazine provides an update on Bravely Second.

Square Enix previously stated that they’ve completed the scenario for Bravely Second, the sequel to Bravely Default, and said that they’d show more of the game sometime this Summer. The latest issue of Jump magazine provides a look at Magnolia and Agnes. [Thanks, @kazu4281.]

Mild spoilers ahead: The scan shows Agnes Oblige, who appears to have been taken as a prisoner, following the peace treaty signing that took place after peace was brought to Eternia.

The scan also shows the new character, Magnolia Arch, in the following job forms of Valkyrie, Performer, Red Mage, and Time Mage. We also get a glimpse of the field in the game.

Bravely Second is in development for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Bravely Second & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Bravely Default Sales Reach 1 Million Worldwide. July 28, 2014 . 3:26am

Bravely Default has shipped 1 million copies worldwide, Square Enix have announced.

Bravely Default has shipped 1 million copies worldwide, Square Enix have announced. The Nintendo 3DS RPG is viewed as one of the company’s more significant successes of late, and it looks like it now has the sales to back that claim up.

Square said that Bravely Default has shipped 400,000 copies in Japan and 600,000 copies in other countries. That includes download copies sold. (However, Square did not specify how sales were broken down between Bravely Default and its updated edition, For the Sequel.)

Earlier in the year, Square Enix president Yosuke Matsuda stated that Bravely Default helped Square Enix’s Japanese division find its focus, by demonstrating that fans of Japanese RPGs exist worldwide, and that the genre still has a global market.

A sequel to the game, Bravely Second, is currently in development for the Nintendo 3DS. A release date for the game has not yet been announced.

Read more stories about Bravely Default & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera.

Bravely Second Details A New City And What Happened To Agnes. July 28, 2014 . 5:55pm

The official Bravely Second website shares a little more on Agnes and about a new city in the game.

We recently got an update on Bravely Second, with a new look at Magnolia Arch in different job forms and some talk about Agnes Oblige’s activities in the upcoming sequel. The official website shares a little more on Agnes and about a new city in the game.

Having toured the world several years ago, Agnes and her friends overcame great hurdles, and managed to get rid of Great Chasm that appeared in the world of Luxendarc.

After having gone through several decades of suffering, the Crystal Orthodoxy back together in splendid fashion thanks to Agnes, who has been inaugurated as a pope of the Orthodoxy, which has only seen three other popes in its history of several hundred years.

She also shares close relationship with various leaders of the countries around Luxendarc, and she’s quite the popular figure, even among those who aren’t believers of the church, as she puts all her heart into bringing peace to the Crystal Orthodoxy and to Eternia.

However, just when the time for the peace signing ceremony neared, when the everyone thought the world could become one again… she is taken away.

The website also shares a little bit on one of the new cities that we’ll get to visit in Bravely Second, called Gathlatio.

Gathlatio is a prosperous city located at the entrance of the roadway that leads to the Temple of Earth. Many nobles and those of prestigious families from different countries have villas and mansions here, as well.

At the northern area of town, lies the Gate of Faith, where they have the military institute of the “Orthodox Knights,” a group that works under the Crystal Orthodoxy and are in charge of defending the holy land.

During the heights of the Eternian rule, the Orthodox Knights were dismantled. However, now that times have changed and with closer ties of peace between the city and the Crystal Orthodoxy, Gathlatio has been formally accepted as the capital of the Orthodoxy.

Since then, the city has seen a reconstruction of the sanctuary and a revival of the Orthodox Knights, gradually returning to its prosperous days. The sanctuary is also where peace signing treaty was to take place, before Agnes’ disappearance.

Finally, the website shares a closer look at Magnolia sporting her four job class appearances:

Valkyrie​

Performer​

Time Mage​

Red Mage​
Bravely Second is currently in development for Nintendo 3DS.​

source: Siliconera

Supercell’s ryo In Charge Of Music For Bravely Second. July 29, 2014 . 4:00am

Supercell’s ryo will be in charge of the sound for Bravely Second, this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine reveals.

Supercell’s ryo will be in charge of the music for Bravely Second, this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine reveals. (Thanks, Game Jouhou, Zaregoto)

Unfortunately, Revo, who created the music for Bravely Default, will not be contributing to the sequel, due to scheduling conflicts. Bravely Second will mostly feature new music from ryo, but certain tracks from Bravely Default will return as well, such as music from the game’s towns.

Famitsu also mentions that a new trailer featuring ryo’s music for the game will be released in the near future.

Finally, it has been revealed that, like Bravely Default, a demo will be made available for Bravely Second.

Bravely Second Has New Writers Handling Its Story [Update]. July 30, 2014 . 8:25am

Producer Tomoya Asano and assistant producer Shinji Takahashi will work on Bravely Second’s story, alongside other members of the development team.

Bravely Second will see new characters and familiar faces, but it looks like the game’s development team is also seeing a few changes.

Yesterday, we reported that Revo, the composer for the first game, will not be contributing to Bravely Second due to scheduling issues, and taking his place is Supercell’s ryo. Meanwhile, Famitsu magazine reports that the game has a new team of writers as well. [Thanks, Hokanko-Alt.]

In the case of Bravely Default, the game’s story was handled by Naotaka Hayashi, who is also known for writing 5pb’s Steins;Gate. However, Hayashi is not involved in Bravely Second, and instead, the game has a team of multiple writers.

Producer Tomoya Asano and assistant producer Shinji Takahashi will work on Bravely Second’s scenario, according to Famitsu.

Meanwhile, director Kensuke Nakahara and Bravely Default lead scenario planner Keiichi Ajiro (both from Silicon Studio), alongside Souki Tsukishima, who wrote the light novel series for the game, will all be working on the scenario for the game as well.

Update: Famitsu have shared two new screens of the game on their website, which have been included in this post.

Why Square Enix Chose ryo To Be Bravely Second’s Composer. July 31, 2014 . 12:31pm

“We decided that we wanted someone who can make music with melodies that stand out,” says Bravely Second producer Tomoya Asano.

Bravely Second will have several new writers handling its story, but the other big staff change is the change of composer from Revo to Supercell’s ryo. In this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, producer Tomoya Asano and ryo talk about how this came to be.

As previously reported, the change in composers happened due to scheduling issues, although it sounds like the development team turned this to their advantage.

“Similar to the way we decided to use Revo in the previous game, we decided that we wanted someone who can make music with melodies that stand out,” explains Asano.

He continues, “BGMs in recent games are matched with realistic graphics, and they have a sense of realism to go with them. I consider myself more of an old-school gamer, though, so I prefer BGMs that you can hum out, kind of like the ones back in the day. With that in mind, we decided to ask ryo for help.”

Famitsu asks ryo to share his thoughts upon receiving the request to compose Bravely Second’s music.

“I often get requests for vocal-related things, but when I heard that it was for game music, honestly, I thought, ‘Why me?’” responds ryo with a laugh. However, ryo says, it’s a genre he’s wanted to work on more, since he already handles one or two anime or drama BGMs every year.

Next, Famitsu ask ryo if he knew anything about the first game, Bravely Default.

“Actually, I bought the game on its release date, and played it. I even beat it,” ryo replies.

Asano adds, “When I first met him, he told me ‘I beat it’ and to top it off, he even maxed out at level 99. I was surprised!”

Since he’s already a fan of the series, Famitsu asks if that means ryo will be able to capture the mood of Bravely Second with ease.

“That’s right. I’ll be making the music while thinking about how I’d like it as a player,” says ryo. “For example, when you sleep at an inn and the music goes along with the screen getting darker, I’d like to make that part twice as short.”

He continues, “I don’t think of music as work, but when I do, it never feels like work. I do indeed get a list of music that they want, but in the end, it’s all so fun that I make songs that aren’t even on the list, and hand them over. If they don’t like it, it’s okay if they don’t use it. That’s basically how I’m making the music.”

Bravely Second’s Magnolia Arch Dresses Up For The Job Change System. August 1, 2014 . 1:18am

This screenshot shows Magnolia approaching Agnes. Could this be their first encounter?

Square Enix recently shared the latest on Bravely Second about some of the events that transpire after the first game with Agnes Oblige, and the new character Magnolia Arch in different job forms. 4Gamer shows us more with a batch of screenshots.

The above is a look at Gathlatio, the prosperous city located near the Temple of Earth, where many nobles and prestigious families have villas and mansions. It’s also home of the “Orthodox Knights,” a group that works under the Crystal Orthodoxy, in charge of defending the holy land.

The above screenshot shows Magnolia approaching Agnes. Could this be their first encounter?

Those of you who played Bravely Default might recognize Ancheim, the Land of Sand and Time. However, it looks a little different this time, chained to what appears to be a giant crystal in the sky…

Finally, here are some more screenshots showing Magnolia in the four jobs that were recently presented:

Bravely Second Will Have New And Returning Jobs. August 1, 2014 . 5:31pm

Bravely Second producer Tomoya Asano says that the sequel will new and returning Jobs.

014_thumb1.jpg

As previously reported, Bravely Second will have several new writers and a new composer. In this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine, series producer Tomoya Asano reminds fans that the game will still be a Bravely game, and that it will also have plenty of surprises to look forward to.

When asked about the current development status of Bravely Second, Asano says that the game is currently in a state where it can be played from its opening to the ending, and the next step is to decide on how much time they’ll spend polishing the game, as he would like to make it as good as it can be.

According to Asano, the concept behind the making of Bravely Second focused on it being a sequel. He explains that a majority of people who played Bravely Default were fans of fantasy RPGs and met pleasant surprises in the first game. For this reason, he says that fans looking forward to Bravely Second can expect plenty of surprises as well.

Famitsu exclaims that we were recently treated to a look at Agnes, who has been inaugurated as a pope.

“Yes, you may have noticed by looking at the illustration, but this time, the adventure will be centered around saving Agnes, who gets taken away,” says Asano. He adds that the idea is to bring out a feeling of saving a princess.

Moving along, we’ve seen Manolia sporting the looks of four Jobs that were in the previous game. Famitsu asks if a lot of the Jobs we saw in Bravely Default will return in Bravely Second. To this, Asano replies that the game will have both new and returning jobs, and the designs for the latter have been refined over the previous game.

Regarding the refined designs, Famitsu asks if that means that the Asterisk Holders [the characters from whom you obtained the job classes] will be different this time around.

“No, the Asterisk Holders who appeared in the first game won’t be changing,” says Asano. “Please look forward to seeing what they’ll be up to in the world of Bravely Second.”

Finally, Famitsu asks if we’ll be seeing follow-up reports on a more regular basis from this point on.

“I’d really like to do that,” Asano replies. “I’d also like to release a demo for the game, so look forward to that, as well. For those who haven’t played the first game, there’s a demo that lets you play up to the first four chapters, so please go ahead and give that a try!”

Bravely Second is in development for Nintendo 3DS.

Bravely Second’s Magnolia Figure Comes With A DLC Code For The Game. August 5, 2014 . 1:32pm

Bravely Second isn’t even out yet, but that didn’t stop Square Enix from showing off a prototype figure of the game’s protagonist, Magnolia Arch

Bravely Second isn’t even out yet, but that didn’t stop Square Enix from showing off a prototype figure of the game’s protagonist, Magnolia Arch. Dengeki shows us a look at the new figure in its complete form, and it’s looking pretty sweet.

The Bravely Second Magnolia figure stands at 240mm (9.45 inches) tall, a width of 225mm (8.86 inches,) and a depth of 145mm (5.7 inches). The figure was made with the idea of a “rabbit” in mind.

Additionally, Dengeki reports that the figure will also go on sale as part of a campaign with a DLC code for Bravely Second which will be included with the figure. There aren’t any details as far as what the DLC code is about, but this will be revealed in the near future.

The Magnolia 1/8 scale figure will be available in March 2015, for 10,800 yen (about $105.69) plus tax.

Square Enix Starts Video Streaming Program For Japan. Will Have “Bravely” News. August 22, 2014 . 2:39am

During E3, the “Square Enix Presents” program has streamed various features, from gameplay footage, to interviews and concerts. Now, it’s headed to Japan.

For the past couples years during E3, the “Square Enix Presents” program has streamed various features, from gameplay footage, to interviews and concerts. Square Enix have now announced “Square Enix Presents Japan,” which will be a similar concept outside of E3 in Japan.

Square Enix Presents Japan will focus on the latest information on games that are soon to be released as part of its beta version of the program, and they expect to expand its content as they go on.

Each program will feature those in charge of the games, such as the director, producer, or others, who will appear to share an in-depth presentation of the game, along with gameplay footage, original plans, and other breaking news information before it shows up anywhere else.

The event’s first episode that will stream on August 25 at 21:00 JST, is about “Bravely ___’s planning conference,” where Square will share the latest on Bravely Second, along with all kinds of other information on the series, and talks with members from the development team.

The second episode will air on August 28, and will be about their Extreme Edges label that focuses on western games. The third episode will feature Final Fantasy Explorers, where Square will showcase some jobs and gameplay footage of party play.

Read more stories about Bravely Second & Final Fantasy Explorers & Square Enix on Siliconera.

looks like I'm on double live stream duty today.

Watch Square Enix Presents Japan’s Bravely Second Livestream. August 25, 2014 . 1:28am

Square Enix are going to be live-streaming a presentation for Bravely Second today in Japan.

[YT]ZIfz4nsGmlQ[/YT]

Square Enix are going to be live-streaming a presentation for Bravely Second today in Japan. You can watch the live-stream using the embed above.

The presentation is part of the first episode of their recently announced “Square Enix Presents Japan” series, which will focus on various Square Enix video games, similar to the programs seen during E3 for the past couple years.

Siliconera will provide updates on the livestream when it goes live at 21:00 JST (5am PST/8am EST).

I'll put up the VOD after

Bravely Second Shares A Peek At Magnolia’s Outfits And The Game In Motion. August 25, 2014 . 6:36am

Square Enix shared a glimpse of the game in motion, where they showed Magnolia walking around town, along with a few of her looks in different job forms.

In this morning’s Square Enix Presents Japan, Bravely series producer Tomoya Asano and assistant producer Shinji Takahashi made an appearance to have lighthearted discussions about the the series, along with some scant information on Bravely Second.

Square Enix shared a glimpse of the game in motion, where they showed Magnolia walking around town, along with a few of her looks in different job forms. They also mentioned that the 3D effects look much better overall when compared to Bravely Default.

As previously reported, Bravely Second will have new and returning jobs, and Square Enix plan on revealing the latest jobs and Asterisk holders over time. They will also have a playable battle demo at Tokyo Game Show next month.

Magnolia Arch will have a nice variety of hairstyles and color patterns with her job outfits, which will set her apart from the other characters as far as looks go.

They also shared another look at the Magnolia figure that will be available on March 27, 2015 in Japan for about 11,120 yen (about $106.97). It will also come with a DLC code for Bravely Second.

During the stream, they introduced Tatsuhiro Futagi, who previously worked as an associate producer at Square Enix for the Japanese localization of Thief. He will work alongside Asano and Takahashi as an assistant producer to Bravely Second.

While we didn’t get to see any combat action, the developers mentioned that Bravely Second will also have the adjustable encounter system that was in Bravely Default.

Bravely Second will be featured in several future episodes of Square Enix Presents Japan, whenever the development team feel like they have something special to share, but we can expect to hear more on Bravely Second during Tokyo Game Show in September.

Meanwhile, you can check out some of the game in motion that was shown during the stream, courtesy Nintendo Everything:

[YT]JwXYwqqErrY[/YT]

Bravely Second Will Release This Winter In Japan [Update: Trailer]. August 29, 2014 . 4:50am

Satoru Iwata announced that the game will be released this winter in Japan for Nintendo 3DS.

[YT]Xh7SaqHHwus[/YT]In this morning’s Nintendo 3DS Direct presentation, we got a look at the latest trailer of Bravely Second featuring Agnes Oblige, along with some more gameplay footage.

Satoru Iwata announced that the game will be released this winter in Japan for Nintendo 3DS. We’ll have the game’s trailer and more details up when they’re available.

Read more stories about Bravely Second & Nintendo 3DS & Videos on Siliconera.

Bravely Second Has A New Party Member Named Yu. September 5, 2014 . 4:56am

Three new characters that will be introduced in Bravely Second have been revealed.

While we’ve seen Agnes Oblige appear in the latest footage of Bravely Second, it looks like the game will feature a new cast of characters. The latest issue of Jump magazine gives us a first look at three new faces you can expect to see. [Thanks, Zaregoto.]

The three new characters are guardians who are in charge of protecting the pope Agnes. They are known as the “Falcon of the Gale” Yu (the shorter guy with brown hair), the “Wolf of the Inferno” Jean (man with the long blue hair), and “Bison of Solidity” Nikolai, who looks like a priest.

Thus far, Yu is the only of the three confirmed to be playable. He will join Magnolia as one of the new playable characters in Bravely Second.

More details on the new characters will be revealed in the near future. Bravely Second will be released this Winter in Japan.

Bravely Second’s New Tomahawk Job Uses Guns And Support Abilities. September 12, 2014 . 1:33am

Amy is the Asterisk holder for the Tomahawk job in Bravely Second. She’s from a minority tribe that lives in the depth of Flowell.
0142.jpg

Bravely Second will bring back a bunch of jobs and Asterisk holders from Bravely Default, but they’ll also have new ones in the sequel. 4Gamer shows us a first look at the newest job and the character behind the Asterisk.

Amy Matchlock:

Amy is the Asterisk holder for the Tomahawk job. She’s from a minority tribe that lives in the depth of Flowell. She has the ability to communicate with spirits and uses a gun with axe and spear-like tip that is said to bring out an image of the tribe’s guardian.

As far as the new Tomahawk job goes, they’re pure attackers that specialize in using the gun. In addition to having abilities that lets them attack all enemies, they also have many supportive abilities in their repertoire.

In Bravely Second, Yu and the others will go on a journey to save Agnes. While she’s held captive, she’ll be able to communicate with the group, and will also be able to provide navigation through the “Teach me, Agnes” feature.

In addition to helping out with the progression status of the main story, she’ll also be there to help with the sub-scenarios. She can help out Yu and the others at any time through navigation on the lower screen.

Bravely Second is slated for release this Winter in Japan for Nintendo 3DS.

Bravely Second Introduces The Three Musketeers Of The Crystal Orthodoxy. September 15, 2014 . 1:01pm

The Crystal Orthodoxy Knights were founded in order to protect and defend the religion, which they’ve done throughout the course of history with the church.

Square Enix recently revealed Bravely Second’s new protagonist and his two close friends from the Crystal Orthodoxy, who are in charge of protecting the pope Agnes. Here’s a look at the three characters and the story behind them.

The Crystal Orthodoxy Knights were founded in order to protect and defend the religion, which they’ve done throughout the course of history with the church. Within the group of knights exist the “Three Musketeers” who led the troupe.

Their blue uniform with the crest of a white lion has a special meaning, and can only be accepted by the Three Musketeers, who have been admired by the knights since ancient and modern times.

Falcon of the Gale, Yu Zeonelcia:

Yu is a 16-year-old boy from Gathlatio. He’s the young leader of the Three Muskateers, also goes by the name “Falcon of the Gale,” and is the protagonist of Bravely Second. Several years prior, he became the head of the Zeonelcia family after the previous head suddenly passed away.

After spending four years studying abroad in Istantal, Yu graduated with excellent grades, and soon joined the Orthodoxy Knights.It didn’t take long for him to get a promotion, followed by becoming the leader of the Three Musketeers.

Yu’s house.

The Musketeers were given the task of protecting Agnes during the day the treaty was supposed to be signed…

Wolf of the Inferno, Jean Engarde:

Jean is also a 16-year-old from Gathlatio. He’s a swordsman of the Three Musketeers, who also goes by the name “Wolf of the Inferno”. He was raised in a poor household, and was a leader-figure of the group of kids known throughout the neighborhood. He also used to start a bunch of fights with children of the noble families.

Several years prior, his parents passed away, but he was able to study fencing abroad at Istantal thanks to his strength that was well-recognized. At Istantal, he became closer to Yu, who was from the same hometown, but Jean was so remarkably distinguished that he graduated earlier than Yu, and went back home to Gathlatio shortly after.

Since peace between the Crystal Orthodoxy and Dukedom had heightened, Jean got himself a position with the Knights during their reform, which was thanks to an appointment system that does not judge based on social class.

Without family, support, or much else left to lose, Jean put his sword skills to use and climbed up the military ranks until he eventually became a part of the Three Musketeers.

Bison of Solidity, Nikolai Nikolanikov:

Nikolai is a 34-year-old from Gathlatio, who also goes by “Bison of Solidity,” and is the priest of the Three Musketeers. He’s considered a veteran of the Crystal Orthodoxy Knights, and was even around when the Knights were forced to disband due to the oppression of the Duchy of Eternia at the time.

After the Crystal Orthodoxy Knights disbanded, he continued working as a priest as part of the religious community and worked to one day reform the organization. After the Crystal Orthodoxy and the Dukedom’s peace came to its height, his efforts have not gone unrecognized.

In addition to recruiting young people based on talent and not social class, people like Jean, Nikolai maintains good relationship with influential nobles, and still continues working hard managing the Knights.

Bravely Second is slated for release this Winter in Japan for Nintendo 3DS.

I wished I could have gotten into Bravely Default, but I have such a hard time playing a handheld game with that much story. I like handheld games to be a bit less heavy.

Bravely Second Hands-On: Introducing The New Wizard Class. September 18, 2014 . 12:18am

The Bravely Second demo at Tokyo Game Show let players try out the Wizard, a new class in the Bravely Default sequel.

The Bravely Second demo at Tokyo Game Show let players try out the Wizard, a new class in the Bravely Default sequel, which Yuu, one of the game’s protagonists, could use. Wizard lets players customize magic attacks by picking an element and then an attack type.

Yuu had Lightning, Blazing (fire), and Icicle (ice) as elements. First, you pick one of these and then an attack type. Burst hits all enemies while Mist doesn’t deal any damage right away, but acts like elemental poison. So, if you cast Blazing Mist you would deal no damage upfront, but the spell would hit the target with fire damage each round for three turns.

Icicle Burst is an ice spell that hits all enemies. You could also create a hammer that hits one enemy. Darts are another option that only hits a single target, but gives your attack priority over all of the other attacks. If you create Lightning Darts, you’ll do a lightning elemental attack before anyone else can make a move. It feels like the Wizard gives players the flexibility to choose an element and what kind of targets you want to hit. The downside is picking an elemental and attack type takes 2BP instead of simply casting a spell like a Black Mage.

The other classes in the game return from Bravely Default. Magnolia was a Valkyrie, Jan a Swordmaster, and Nikolai was a Red Mage. Square Enix also recently revealed another new class—the Tomahawk.

The dungeon I played, a lush forest area, had more twists and turns than I expected. There were two levels: an upper path where you would climb tree roots, and a winding lower path. It felt like the dungeon design in Bravely Second was more labyrinthine compared to Bravely Default.

Another change is that, during cutscenes, you can sometimes see Agnes on the bottom of the screen. She appears through the power of a pendant.

Food for thought:
Something amusing was that, in one scene, Magnolia who is late and rushes to join the group says “good gravy” in English, but otherwise speaks Japanese. I wonder how that will be localized if Bravely Second gets announced for the West.

In addition to your usual fantasy enemies like witches, Bravely Second has a walking apple-person with apple slices as arms and legs as an enemy.

Read more stories about Bravely Second & Nintendo 3DS & TGS 2014 on Siliconera.

More on this below

3DS
Bravely Second adds new Wizard class
Published 11 hours ago. 8 comments.

Enhance your spells with new "Modifiers."
Bravely-Second-Wiz-Class-Init.jpg

Square Enix revealed a new “Wizard” job class for Bravely Second during a Tokyo Game Show live stream today.
The Wizard class makes use of Elemental Magic and “Modifiers.” Using said Modifiers, a Wizard can add special effects to spells, including expanding the range of a spell to strike more than one enemy, or causing a spell to be cast at the start of the turn. Each Modifier costs one BP to use.
If you’re at the Tokyo Game Show this week, you can test out the Wizard class for yourself at the Square Enix booth.
Watch some new footage below. The game is due out for 3DS this winter in Japan.
[YT]hU12X0u1CbE[/YT]

Read More

3DS, Bravely Second, Clips, Gameplay, RPG, Silicon Studio, Square Enix, TGS 2014
source:Siliconera & Gematsu

Last edited:
3DS
Bravely Second ‘Three Musketeers’ trailer
Published 1 min ago. 0 comments.

Yuu, Jean, and Nikolai take center stage.
Bravely-Second-PV_09-21.jpg

Square Enix has released a new trailer for Bravely Second introducing the game’s protagonist Yuu and his band of soldiers.
Together, Yuu, Jean, and Nikolai make up The Orthodox Knights Three Musketeers, the leader of the Knights long admired by those who serve them.
Watch the trailer below.

[YT]gpk4nMZICvM[/YT]
The game is due out for 3DS in Japan this winter.

Read More

3DS, Bravely Second, Clips, RPG, Square Enix, Trailers
source: Gematsu

Bravely Second Adds Even More Useful Functions To The Game. November 8, 2014 . 5:00pm

In the latest livestream of Square Enix Presents Japan, Bravely series producer Tomoya Asano appeared as a guest to share some of the latest on Bravely Second.

In the latest livestream of Square Enix Presents Japan, Bravely series producer Tomoya Asano appeared as a guest to share some of the latest on Bravely Second. This time, we got to see a couple fights and an introduction to some new systems.

[YT]vPoc8gbi7BA[/YT]
The gameplay footage starts out with a look at some of the parts of the magical academy city, Istantar. The 7:53 mark demonstrates the Bravely and Default features in a simple battle.

There’s a new battle feature, which Asano demonstrates at 11:50, that lets you press the L button to select the same command multiple times. For example, previously, you had to select the attack command or a certain magic by flipping through the menus four times. This new function will let you do it much easier by simply pressing L four times on the command.

Skip forward to the 16:00 mark for the big fight against a powerful monster called Gargantua. The new job, Wizard, has a special attribute called “Postscript,” that lets you add “modifiers” to magic.

While we don’t know too much about the modifiers, it’s a new system that allows you to give magic different effects. More details on that will be revealed in the near future.

Additionally, Square Enix introduced a new ability called “Halfies,” which is a useful one that lets you extend item effects to the entire party; however, when using healing items, it’ll reduce its capabilities by 50%.

Asano and the other developers of Bravely Second also mentioned that they’re working on a demo for the game, which will be announced in the near future. We still don’t know its full contents, but it’ll have the encounter adjustment system that was in Bravely Default, along with the difficulty adjuster.

Bravely Second will release in Japan this Winter for Nintendo 3DS.

Read more stories about Bravely Second & Nintendo 3DS on Siliconera

ok so alot was put up last night I'll put up what I can.

Industry
Square Enix announces Jump Festa 2015 lineup
Published 7 hours ago. 64 comments.

Final Fantasy XV, Type-0 HD, Bravely Second, and more.
SE-JF15-Lineup-Ann.jpg

Square Enix has opened its official Jump Festa 2015 website, announcing its full lineup for the December expo.
The publisher is bringing:

• Bravely Second (3DS) – playable, trailer, stage
  • Dragon Quest Heroes (PS4, PS3) – playable, trailer, stage
  • Dragon Quest Monsters 2 (3DS) – StreetPass
  • Dragon Quest X Online (Wii U, Wii, 3DS, PC) – stage
  • Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius (iOS, Android) – trailer
  • Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS) – playable, trailer, stage, StreetPass
  • Final Fantasy Legends: Space-Time Crystal (iOS, Android) – trailer
  • Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (PS4, XBO) – playable, trailer, stage
  • Final Fantasy VII G-Bike (iOS, Android) – trailer
  • Final Fantasy XV (PS4, XBO) – trailer, stage
Here’s the live stream schedule:
December 20 (Live Stream)

• Bravely Second Special Stage – Latest news on Bravely Second. Featuring Tomoya Asano (Producer), Shinji Takahashi (Assistant Producer), and Mai Aizawa (Voice Actress).
  • Dragon Quest Special Stage: Dragon Quest X TV at Jump Festa 2015 Special #1 – Latest news on version 2.4, as well as a popularity corner and battle challenge. Featuring Youske Saito (Producer), Chikara Saito (Director), Takashi Anzai (Chief Planner), Saito-V (V-Jump Editorial Department), and Aoi Eri (MC).
  • Director Tabata’s Active Time Report at Jump Festa 2015 – The latest news on Final Fantasy Type-0 HD, as well as the Final Fantasy XV: Episode Duscae demo bundled with it. Featuring Hajime Tabata (Director).
December 21 (Live Stream)

• Final Fantasy Explorers: Beginner’s Hall – An introduction to the newly-launched Final Fantasy Explorers. Featuring Atsushi Hashimoto (Director) and Takahiro Abe (Project Manager).
  • Dragon Quest Special Stage: Dragon Quest Heroes Talk Show – Latest news on the February-due Dragon Quest Heroes. Featuring Kenichi Ogasawara (Koei Tecmo Games), Ryota Aomi (Producer), and Aoi Emi (MC).
  • Dragon Quest Special Stage: Dragon Quest X TV at Jump Festa 2015 Special #2 – Latest news on version 2.4, new content, and challenge the “Quiz Slime.” eaturing Youske Saito (Producer), Chikara Saito (Director), Takashi Anzai (Chief Planner), Saito-V (V-Jump Editorial Department), and Aoi Eri (MC).
Jump Festa runs from December 20 to 21.

Read More

Industry, Jump Festa 2015, Square Enix

3DS
Bravely Second introduces villain characters Oblivion and Anne
Published 11 hours ago. 0 comments.

The emperor and his fairy.

Jump this week reveals two new villain characters set to appear in Square Enix’s upcoming 3DS sequel Bravely Second.
The magazine introduces:

• Emperor Oblivion - The unidentified masked man who spread ravages of war throughout the world with his powerful military force. He attacks the Orthodoxy and Principality Peace Signing Ceremony and kidnaps Agnes.
  • Anne - A mysterious fairy wearing jet black clothing who accompanies Oblivion. She has a relentless side that can sometimes peek out of her.
Additionally, game producer Tomoya Asano comments in the magazine that a demo version is being planned for release very shortly.
Bravely Second will launch for 3DS this winter in Japan.
Thanks, @kazu4281.

Read More

3DS, Bravely Second, Jump, RPG, Scans, Silicon Studio, Square Enix

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back