Breaking Bad Movie | Um...what?? Why?? Haha

Blitzkrieg

Avenger
Reaction score
‘Breaking Bad’ Movie In The Works From Series Creator Vince Gilligan

The Emmy-winning AMC drama Breaking Bad is getting another franchise expansion, with a film that has been quietly been put together for a mid-November through early February shoot in New Mexico. It would join prequel series Better Call Saul.

It is through the New Mexico Film Office that word of the secret project made it to the Albuquerque Journal. No one would comment, but I hear the film is written and will be directed by Breaking Bad creator/executive producer Vince Gilligan, who also co-created and executive produces Better Call Saul.

I hear deals are still being made by Sony for the project, which could be a done as a feature if the producers go down that route or could become a TV film/miniseries if it is sold to a TV network or a streaming platform.

This is envisioned as a standalone installment in the Breaking Bad franchise that lives in the Breaking Bad universe. It is unclear whether cast members from the original series, led by Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul, would return for the film, but I hear the hope is that deals will close for actors to reprise their roles.

um...what?

Skeptical that this is even legit, seems like BS, but assuming the story's for real then...not a good idea.

What would it even be? Walt's dead. You don't want to do a cheap "he didn't die for-really-reals" copout, and you wouldn't want a BB story without Walt obviously. Another prequel? What the hell's there to tell, pre-TV series pilot? I don't have any interest in seeing the details of what went down with his science colleagues years prior.

If it's a sequel, I really don't want to see Jesse drawn back into the drug world. He got a really satisfying resolution (Jesse deserves the second-chance life turnaround), and Walt's demise was what it needed to be.

This has gotta be bull****, right? :huh: The Walking Dead side-story movies with Rick actually makes sense to me, if you want to keep the brand going and expand it then that's probably the way to do it. But Breaking Bad, seriously? It's done, guys. Another separate prequel about Gus, prior to Better Call Saul, something like that'd work. But what the hell are you going to do with Walt/Jesse at this point? Craziness.

Last edited:
Reactions: CJ
What's that saying about beating a dead Horse?

I have complete faith in Gilligan, but this is weird.

I mean, I trust Gillian but I can agree I just don't see what (good) story is left to tell. BB not only ended perfectly, it's dense writing structure left very little content for anyone to exploit that wouldn't feel repetitive or dishonest towards characterization.

That I trust Gilligan as much as I do makes this all the more baffling to me, I can't figure out for the life of me what it is, and it sounds like it should be a terrible idea, but with Gilligan handling it I feel like he must have something worth making into a film. I'm curious to see exactly what it is that he has planned.

Why is this still around?? I thought this whole thing ended; why bring it back???

So according to IGN the movie will follow Jesse.

As much as I adore and trust Vince Gilligan, I still have my doubts about this project. Don't get me wrong, I'm totally going to see it. :D

I mean, unless it's sober-reformed-Jesse-living-in-a-different-state-living-the-quiet-happy-family-life-with-no-links-to-criminals-whatsoever, it's beyond risky in terms of messing with that great resolution to the main show.

Do that. A happily-ever-after sitcom, innocent & nonviolent & full of chuckles. :oldrazz: Everybody Loves Jesse. Home Improvement, with "yeah b*tch!" instead of Tim Allen's grunt thing. I'd be in.

Why is this still around?? I thought this whole thing ended; why bring it back???

It's not like the property is dead with the critically acclaimed Better Call Saul still going.

Exclusive: The 'Breaking Bad' Movie Will Be a Sequel Following Jesse After the Series Finale, Aaron Paul to Return

And his suffering isn’t over yet. /Film has learned that the newly announced Breaking Bad movie will be a sequel set after the events of the series finale, following Jesse as he blazes a trail away from that horrifying finale. Last night, we learned that series creator Vince Gilligan was writing and executive producing a Breaking Bad movie, although it is unknown if he will also direct. It was also suggested that this will be a television movie, as it is being make through Gilligan’s deal with Sony TV, who produced the original show (which aired on AMC). There was even the briefest of brief loglines: the movie would “[track] the escape of a kidnapped man and his quest for freedom.” And yes, Breaking Bad fans, you put two and two together correctly: we have confirmed that the kidnapped man is Jesse Pinkman and the movie will follow his escape from Albuquerque following the bloody events of the series finale. Naturally, Aaron Paul is set to reprise the role.

This is not a bad idea, in fact, it's a damn good idea.

Maybe they could do something like Granite State, showing Jesse in Alaska, remote but trying to stay off the grid. Then, something from his past forces him into precarious events. The PTSD aspect, maybe see how that man Brock is livin.

I also think it would be interesting to go back to Skylar and Walt Jr. We never got much from "flynn" after he found out about his dad other than a short outburst in the hospital and also that phone call where he says Walt needs to die already. I think some good things could be done with him, as long as it isn't the focus. I'm still curious about how he moved on from all of that. Skylar too. Just don't want them to take too much of the narrative.

Too bad it's a TV movie. Would love to see a Breaking Bad production on the big screen.

I don't think I'd want Walt to come back. His story was totally finished.

Pretty certain Cranston'll be there in flashback form, given it's about Jesse. Nightmare scenes or ponder-y daydreaming or whatever.

Pretty certain Cranston'll be there in flashback form, given it's about Jesse. Nightmare scenes or ponder-y daydreaming or whatever.

They could de-age them again like they did for the flashback scene in BrB. Better wigs, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"