Breaking Bad - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh god, you guys are bringing back traumatic show-watching memories.

I just saw the end of Season 3's "Half Measure"!

tgc.gif

When Walt shoots that guy in the head and looks up at Jesse and says "Run" the intenisty was :eek:!

Love that last line, so simple and effective. "Run."

I honestly can't wait for the Hank and Walt confrontation.

The last two episodes of each season have been particularly gripping. Thank god I got into this show when I did. I couldn't imagine having to wait months upon months after the end of Season 2.

I'm in the middle of Season 4 right now, great show, but i'm confuse all the events of the series only took place during one year? That's a very short period of time for all of this to go down

There ain't no downtime in the meth-cooking business. :o

Cancer and meth can change a lot in a year.

Also, bit OT, but I also think that the story in Game of Thrones is suppose to all happen in a year's time, from one Spring to another. **** can get real in a year.

Also, bit OT, but I also think that the story in Game of Thrones is suppose to all happen in a year's time, from one Spring to another. **** can get real in a year.

The books, maybe. In the series, Jaime said he was imprisoned by the Starks for a whole year.

Oh really? Well, I'm wrong. They needed some meth to speed that up.

Apparently the show changed some things, considering that it's supposed to be set in an entire continente with technology of the middle ages i think it makes more sence, walking from a country to another would take more than a few days like the books led us to believe

Plus, considering how young the actors are, no one is going to look at Bran in season 1 and then look at him in season 3 and go "Eh, it's just been a few months."

Haha, think of it after 10 seasons (which I believe is what they're shooting for). All the young actors, now in their mid-late twenties, "Wow, what a year that was!"

http://www.spoilertv.com/2013/07/breaking-bad-spin-off-vince-gilligan.html
Breaking Bad Spin-off - Vince Gilligan Interview

Tim Molloy: Can you talk about the status of the possible spinoff?

Vince Gilligan: All my writers are wonderful writers. And they're all ready to run their own shows. In this particular case, since Peter created the character, it felt more than right to be working with him on this, and we are plugging away coming up with a pitch and a take on it for the network and studio and hopefully everyone will agree that there's a really fun show to be had here. And hopefully we'll get it up and running, and then Peter will run it. I'd love to see that happen.

It's not a done deal yet, but it's definitely something we're full speed ahead on trying to get going.

Will it be a half hour or an hour?
There's a way to do both versions of the show. There's a way to make it a half-hour show and make it a little more -- I don’t want to say sitcom-y, but a little more traditionally half-hour comedic. Or there's a way to do it where it fits more snuggly in with the "Breaking Bad" universe, in which it's an hour-long show. As you can imagine with Saul Goodman as a character, a show like that would have to have plenty of humor to it. But also because he works for some pretty scary clientele sometimes, there'd be a bit of drama in it as well. We're trying to nail that down. As of yet, we haven't completely figured that out ourselves

I still have serious doubts about a spinoff, characters like Saul work best in small doses, but if they move forward with it I hope they lean closer to the drama side.

Lol at that image.

I'm not sure about this Saul spinoff, either. I just don't see how it would function as a one hour program. I mean what's the arc? And if it doesn't have a series arc it could descend into serial weekly case BS. That would suck. As a half hour dramedy I could maybe see it working. Even then tho Saul could suffer from Jack Sparrow syndrome. Great in small side doses, but as a full course its too much.

Lol at that image.

I'm not sure about this Saul spinoff, either. I just don't see how it would function as a one hour program. I mean what's the arc? And if it doesn't have a series arc it could descend into serial weekly case BS. That would suck. As a half hour dramedy I could maybe see it working. Even then tho Saul could suffer from Jack Sparrow syndrome. Great in small side doses, but as a full course its too much.

Agreed. I wish they would make more webisodes instead, but I can't help but be fascinated by what a Saul Goodman show would look like outside the depths of my imagination.

It's a testament to how popular this show has gotten.

I swear I totally just noticed that Saul Goodman sounds like "Its all good, man" like a week ago.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"