Breck Eisner, director of The Crazies, to pit Jack the Ripper against Dracula

Metamorpho1977

You jack wagon!
Reaction score
Blood of the Innocent a new movie being put together by Breck Eisner.

The concept of two of the most legendary killers in history in one film is cool.

Dracula vs. Jack the Ripper. I don't know if it can get any cooler than this.

Who is the good guy in this movie?

Eisner's Effort to Spill Blood of the Innocent is Funded
Source: Variety March 25, 2011

With the money in place, it looks like Breck Eisner's next film is going to be an adaptation of the comic book "Blood of the Innocent."

Eisner last directed The Crazies and has had a number of projects on his plate including The Creature from the Black Lagoon and Flash Gordon.

"Blood of the Innocent," based on the comic by Rickey Shanklin and Mark Wheatley, pits Dracula against Jack the Ripper; Bill Marsilii is scripting and Inferno Entertainment is putting up the cash. They funded the recent dramedy The Kids Are All Right and the upcoming The Grey.

Expect to hear more soon!

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/topnews.php?id=18589

Is this the prequel to Bonnie & Clyde vs. Dracula?

Or a sequel to Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter?

Man, I can't wait until John Wilkes Booth vs. The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

Is this the prequel to Bonnie & Clyde vs. Dracula?

Or a sequel to Jesse James Meets Frankenstein's Daughter?

Man, I can't wait until John Wilkes Booth vs. The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

I believe it's an adaptation of some comic, but will have a semi-serious tone to it.

I'm actually looking forward to Bonnie & Clyde vs Dracula. It's kind of a nod to the old days of Hollywood when they had Abbott and Costello meet the Wolfman and other classic Universal monsters.

I believe it's an adaptation of some comic, but will have a semi-serious tone to it.

I'm actually looking forward to Bonnie & Clyde vs Dracula. It's kind of a nod to the old days of Hollywood when they had Abbott and Costello meet the Wolfman and other classic Universal monsters.

Yeah, but it looks REALLY bad. I do love those old Abbot & Costello movies though. Those are classics, especially the one with Dracula and Frankenstein.

Next payday I'm buying a copy of Abbott & Costello Meet The Monsters. That's a compilation of:

Abbott & Costello Meet Frankenstein

Abbott & Costello Meet The Mummy

Abbott & Costello Meet The Invisible Man

Abbott & Costello Meet Dr. Jekyl & Mr. Hyde

. . . And . . .​

Abbott & Costello Meet The Killer Boris Karloff

Granted, there is no monster in that last movie. It's actually a murder mystery, much like their other classic Who Done It?. However it is included in the DVD package and is a very funny movie, so no complaints here.

This sounds somewhat interesting. I wish they'd do a Jack The Ripper vs Sherlock Holmes movie.

They did do a Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper movie that involved time travel. It was pretty good, actually.

Anyway, this sounds bad. I hoped that of all the emerging Drac movies that "The Last Voyage of the Demeter" would be the one to happen. It was the only one with a interesting concept (Victorian Alien) that hadn't been done to death. Plus it had Noomi Rapace and Ben Kingsley. Unfortunately Slade's off to make a Daredevil movie for Fox (gag), so it will probably not happen now.

They did do a Sherlock Holmes vs. Jack the Ripper movie that involved time travel. It was pretty good, actually.

There's also Murder By Decree, directed by Bob Clark with Christopher Plummer and James Mason as Holmes and Watson. This is a GREAT movie.

I want to see a Sherlock Holmes vs Dracula movie. Apparently a script exists, but it's been languishing in development hell for forever.

Anyway, this sounds bad. I hoped that of all the emerging Drac movies that "The Last Voyage of the Demeter" would be the one to happen. It was the only one with a interesting concept (Victorian Alien) that hadn't been done to death. Plus it had Noomi Rapace and Ben Kingsley. Unfortunately Slade's off to make a Daredevil movie for Fox (gag), so it will probably not happen now.

I think the movie you're thinking of is Time After Time, which was a Jack the Ripper vs. H.G. Wells movie, not Holmes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"