Discussion: UK Politics

Couldn't find a thread on Brexit.

As polls show support shifting away from Brexit ahead of Thursday’s referendum, divisions have emerged within the Leave campaign over its signature issue of immigration.

Justice secretary Michael Gove, who chairs Vote Leave, the official pro-Brexit campaign, sharply criticised a Ukip poster showing thousands of Syrian refugees under the headline “Breaking point”.

And former London mayor Boris Johnson sought to change the Leave campaign’s rhetoric on immigration, calling at a London rally for an amnesty for illegal immigrants who came to Britain more than 12 years ago.

Brexit: Leave campaign divided over immigration

May's Brexit speech today.

Anyone know what set off Boris Johnson?

And after seven years of Austerity Cuts and the debt it was supposed to reduce has actually apparently increased!
Where did all that money go?

Boris thought he might be able to have another grandstanding moment.... but he's failed again. Didn't even need Gove to do it this time

Austerity was to fix the deficit and the debt... you can't sort out the latter if you've not fixed the former. no ****ing point pouring water into your bucket if there's a hole in the bottom of it.

May's Brexit speech today.

Anyone know what set off Boris Johnson?

And after seven years of Austerity Cuts and the debt it was supposed to reduce has actually apparently increased!
Where did all that money go?

Rich have all the wealth.

Blame taxes and government.

Austerity measures screw the working class.

Blame immigration and globalization.

Eventually the right are going to run out of excuses.

So May wants to stay in the EU another two years while they work out a deal effectively.

Pretty much goes to show that the Leavers not having a real plan in place was true. They were still arguing over if they want a hard or soft brexit a week ago and we are currently negotiating. No wonder the EU negotiator is saying that British negotiators seem badly prepared and unsure on there position in lots of areas.

There was never any plan for Leaving... no one expected us to be that stupid, so no one planned for it.

Yeah, there's no right answer here as noone thought we'd be in this situation, even those who really wanted it lol.

Actually sorting out immigration so it actually works instead of the mess it's currently in?

People voted leave because the EU bureaucracy especially Juncker apparently forgot they're not in charge of a dictatorship!

Unfortunately we have no competent politicians willing and able to represent the people who voted for them!

All we learned is that May as well as quite a few politicians of all of the political parties don't want to leave nor explain where all that money they got with the Austerity Cuts went since they haven't been using to reduce the deficit so where did it go?!

there will never be perfect immigration systems in the UK, to think that Brexit would do that is stupidity.

A small amount of people I saw did vote leave because of the bureaucracy.... but the majority voted because they got dazzled by the Big red Bus lie... or because they don't like foreigners.

Like I said before, no one thought that the UK public would take a blunderbuss to the face like we did... so none of the real politicians actually prepared for the lunacy of leaving.

the Austerity cut money has gone on paying off the debts that previous governments had racked up through ****ed up financial thinking.... and it's gone onto trying to get the deficit down so that the debt could then be tackled. That's where it's gone.

Why the hell did they rush to submit the article 50 the EU if they didn't have a solid plan?

My guess is May felt pressured to trigger article 50 way earlier than she actually wanted.

immigration was a cluster**** regardless of the EU. The UK border agency has been a s*** show for years. Under staffed, overworked and underfunded.

Home secretaries not lasting very long doesn't help either. Very few stay in the job for a whole five year term.

People complain about EU rules and regulations but a lot of it is pretty good in certain areas which is why even some of the hardcore euro-skeptics Tories want to keep some of it or have something very similar.

European food standards are generally great. The food we eat is far safer than the food sold in other parts of the world where standards are lower.

Last edited:
"Previous Governments"?

It's been pretty much the same one for the last seven years and that debt hasn't shrunk it's increased so I ask again what did they spend it on again if the Tory Party wasn't paying off the debt?!

Sometimes it requires people to get out of the crowd to see the truth, unfortunately quite a few of us didn't give a toss about that red bus we got tired of lies, being taken for granted and treated as fools!

In many respects Brexit is a good thing it's revealed our politicians aren't worth spit and quite alot of leavers aren't racist either we simply want stability and security in a world where both are in short supply!

It also revealed that even some Remainers aren't ready to let our godawful government screw up something so important even if certain parties seem intent on a Second Referendum because their future livelihood in the EU is under threat!

So it wasn't stupid at all, at least we have a better idea how useless they are after all!

Seeing as you've not read what I've posted, as I have answered the question as to where the money has gone repeatedly, there's not much point in continuing this

Seeing as you've not read what I've posted, as I have answered the question as to where the money has gone repeatedly, there's not much point in continuing this

You didn't you just blamed the Labour Government that was in charge during the Banking Crisis and ignored the point I made.
Never mind as you're clearly uninterested in what I was actually asking about.

And yes I did read, you'd think that debt would have reduced considering all those years of Austerity Cuts but given it hasn't maybe the problem wasn't just Labour?

Last edited:
You'd rather the Government waste money paying debt when the deficit is pushing the debt up higher and higher? Fix the deficit, then get to work on the debt.

Yes, previous governments... Labour, Tory and Coalition... they're all previous governments.

Reshuffle next week?

Oh, hey Donny...

UKIP are an irrelevance since the Brexit vote...

nope... they literally cannot afford another leadership battle... it's keep him or go bust

But what his girlfriend did. Then he says he dumped her and then started defending her.

Doesn't matter... everything i've seen points to UKIP being unable to afford to run another leadership battle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"