Discussion: UK Politics

Ever since he stuck that Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe in it even more than she was already was I have never liked the guy. A bumbling buffoon is amusing from a distance but not once they can start affecting the lives of the masses.

So this is no way a call to get behind him but I wish I didn't see the #NotMyPM trending, I don't like it either but yes he is our pm.

If Trump and our new PM somehow merged, we could get Don Johnson. :o

The sad fact is that he's currently the best option as PM across the parties in Westminster

Do you think? His one shot at a major office and he was an absolute disaster, slaughtered by those who worked with him, worse than Jeremy Hunt as the health minister which is saying something.

He's definitely on par with the opposition's leader I agree with you there.

Do you think? His one shot at a major office and he was an absolute disaster, slaughtered by those who worked with him, worse than Jeremy Hunt as the health minister which is saying something.

He's definitely on par with the opposition's leader I agree with you there.
At least Johnson can't think for himself so he can't come up with excessively hair-brained schemes of his own. Corbyn does and that makes him even more dangerous. I think Corbyn has a chance if he was open to a deal as his defectors are going to go Lib Dem and some of Johnson's defectors will too, with the others looking at whatever other right wing option is available during the election. I'm not sure Labour and Lib Dem would even want to work together again, but maybe if the alternative is Johnson and Farage teaming it up it might seem more palatable.

Double Toasted did a segment on Boris Johnson.

Also Jeremy Hunt has been sacked already.

Boris Johnson names Sajid Javid as chancellor and Dominic Raab as Foreign Secretary.

Ivanka Trump congratulated Boris Johnson on becoming Prime Minister of the United Kingston. :hehe:

5d36ffc4dda4c856678b45a0.jpg

And of course it's trending.

Priti Patel sacked for doing deals with Iran behind May's back and Gavin Williamson sacked for leaking secrets. Am I extremely naive or should discretions such as those stop you from having a top job in the government?

Priti Patel sacked for doing deals with Iran behind May's back and Gavin Williamson sacked for leaking secrets. Am I extremely naive or should discretions such as those stop you from having a top job in the government?

When the requirements of the job are loyalty to the leader...

Trust me, it sucks.

Don't let her get near Trump, or he'll be singing "I feel Priti, oh so Priti" :o

Everybody is on the take, it seems. Hence why your vote matters.

Everybody is on the take, it seems. Hence why your vote matters.

No-one's vote would've mattered here for Boris Johnson as it was an internal vote within the party, not a general election.

Yeah Patel is definitely one of the more worrying appointments.

Yeah Patel is definitely one of the more worrying appointments.
Context in case anyone is wondering what im going on about

England would be better off without Scotland, Tory candidate said
England would be better off without Scotland, Tory candidate said

Conservative vying to win back Bedford seat said taxpayers south of the border are ‘fleeced’ by Scots

The Tory candidate for one of the party’s target parliamentary seats has sought to distance himself from a column he wrote accusing Scotland of “fleecing” English taxpayers and claiming that Scotland remaining in the UK would be a “catastrophe” for England. Ryan Henson was selected last year as the Conservative candidate for Bedford and Kempston, which Labour won from the previous Tory MP, Richard Fuller, in 2017 with a wafer-thin majority of 789 votes. In a 2014 article for Conservative Home, Henson wrote that, except for its contribution to Britain’s armed forces, Scotland’s single biggest offering to the union over the past 50 years has been to provide the Labour party with parliamentary lobby fodder. “In exchange, the people of England have seen their prescriptions and their university fees go up, while in Scotland both have been abolished – using English taxes to pay for it.”

Better off without the EU. Better off with out the rest of the UK.
The ye old scapegoating tactic.

Now that they can't blame all their failings on the EU the Tories will move onto the Scots or any other group they think they can score points with their middle England conservative base.

The only reason the Tories have it in for the Scots is because they see through Tory BS and largely don't want to vote for them which makes it slightly harder for Tories to get a majority in UK parliament.

That is the typical politician. When your boogey-man is no longer effective, find another boogey-man.

Better off without the EU. Better off with out the rest of the UK.
The ye old scapegoating tactic.

Now that they can't blame all their failings on the EU the Tories will move onto the Scots or any other group they think they can score points with their middle England conservative base.

The only reason the Tories have it in for the Scots is because they see through Tory BS and largely don't want to vote for them which makes it slightly harder for Tories to get a majority in UK parliament.

I think it is less that, than the Tories are clearly England-centric. Everything I've seen is that they do not give a shirt about Scotland or Northern Ireland.

The Tories are very southern England centric (minus London) since that is their traditional base.

One third of Tory members live in South East England. Pleasing people that live in Surrey has always been more important to them than pleasing people in places like Belfast or Glasgow or Newcastle.

Lots of Scots never forgave the Tories for using them as guinea pigs with the Poll Tax. It just reinforced their view that Scots were secondary citizens to English people in the eyes of Tories.

I see our influence is spreading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"