Discussion: UK Politics

Not everyone is going to live to 75. Maybe the UK will introduce something similar to Logan's Run, with a mandatory termination age of 74 so they won't have to pay out any pensions. 75 will be an impossible number to reach. :o

It's slowly changing but yeah 57 might be a bit more realistic for a lot of Brits based on our diets.

I still think the tories will see sense and not leave without a deal. They are "the party of business" after all and I think they'll realize that while taking a populist stance in the short term may be beneficial in gaining Brexit party supporters, in the long run, people will remember them for self-inflicting the country if No-Deal is as damaging as even their own civil servants are predicting.

The party is being controlled by xenophobic rhetoric. And when you have people more interested in power than the country, you are going to have a disaster.

The party is being controlled by xenophobic rhetoric. And when you have people more interested in power than the country, you are going to have a disaster.
Yep. That being said, any no confidence vote to avoid No Deal would be really, really tight. I believe the Tories now only have a majority government by like 3 or 4. There is a good chance the other side can find 5 votes to bring down the government.

Its so funny what the press makes out ofthe 30 day comment by Merkel. She said it could take years or just 30 days. It all depends on someone comming up with a workable solution to the problem. She never said we will have a solution in 30 days.

Its so funny what the press makes out ofthe 30 day comment by Merkel. She said it could take years or just 30 days. It all depends on someone comming up with a workable solution to the problem. She never said we will have a solution in 30 days.
I was just watching news reports on it. It's insane. I love watching a reporter just come on and basically said, "uh, I think they are all misinterpreting it". It's so obvious what she meant...

So what fresh bad place have we got this week?

I have avoided the news over the weekend as we actually had some great weather so I have really only been inside to sleep.

So he's gonna suspend parliament so he can pretty much just force it through.

Best of luck to the albino bin bag, vote of no confidence will surely be incoming.

Hopefully you’re correct on your last point... :applaud

So he's gonna suspend parliament so he can pretty much just force it through.

Best of luck to the albino bin bag, vote of no confidence will surely be incoming.
I think he wants the election with the idea that he is be preventing from taking the country out. That explains the dates imo.

The Queen just agreed to shut down paliament until mid october.

Bojo shutting down Parliament so that he can force a no deal Brexit through. Its clear Johnson doesn't care about the country and only wants to please his no deal Brexit base.

It would be nice to think the electorate would punish the Tories for this at the next General Election but I know a lot of average joes will complain but not vote and rest will still vote for them even if things go to bad place.

I can't link to it because of explicit swearing, but holy crap, Hugh Grant's tweet.

I thought proroguing parliament would be a last ditch move, but he seems to have gone for that.

You know if Trump could do something identical to Congress he would. He's cheering this on as if silencing the representatives of the people is a good thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"