Discussion: UK Politics

Is anyone dressing up as Boris Johnson for Halloween this year? It would be appropriate for a Brexit-themed disguise.

How is it we've had the tanker incident, we now have this Anne Sacoolas incident going on and the same morons are still banging on about a special relationship with the US that will save us post Brexit?

Last edited:
So just to get this right. The New Deal is the Old Deal but the backstop is just for NI?
So that would mean it would be the original backstop proposed by the UK under May that then got changed to include all of the UK because of the DUP.

So just to get this right. The New Deal is the Old Deal but the backstop is just for NI?
So that would mean it would be the original backstop proposed by the UK under May that then got changed to include all of the UK because of the DUP.
Basically yes. It is carving out NI from the rest of the UK, something the UK kept on saying they wouldn't do.

This should be interesting. There will be Labour voters who will be itching to vote for it, because of the places they represent. But they do basically have an excuse to not do so with how this has come about. On the other hand, hard to see the DUP saying yes and that might mean a lot of the rebel and hard line Tories go with them.

This bloke is on the same level as Boris & Farage for me, haven't been able to stand him since I started hearing from him and see that he's now trying to throw his weight around.

This bloke is on the same level as Boris & Farage for me, haven't been able to stand him since I started hearing from him and see that he's now trying to throw his weight around.

He'll extend if they ask. Tusk has already said so basically. Juncker is big on not wanting any of the blame, which is why he is big on pointing out that it is on the UK now. The EU has done it's part.

Last edited:
Seeing as how Boris has completely changed his tune and turned on a no deal that would have had his name against it... I'm morbidly curious to know just how bad it would have been.

Seeing as how Boris has completely changed his tune and turned on a no deal that would have had his name against it... I'm morbidly curious to know just how bad it would have been.
Don't worry, you might still find out!!!

I know it's naive as hell but when I heard Richard Tice of the Brexit party on the radio a couple of days advocating an extension, that for me says we're not leaving on the 31st.

(Cue November 1st and no British hyper is online as we no longer have Internet and are too busy hunting for rats to eat)

I know it's naive as hell but when I heard Richard Tice of the Brexit party on the radio a couple of days advocating an extension, that for me says we're not leaving on the 31st.

(Cue November 1st and no British hyper is online as we no longer have Internet and are too busy hunting for rats to eat)
It's such a bad situation. I am sorry you guys over there have to go through this. The build up of anxiety every time must be overwhelming.

I’m not anxious. I’m assuming worst case scenario (and not paying any more attention to the clown show than I need to for work). Anything better is a bonus.

I believe that no matter how good this new deal is, Labour and/or the DUP will reject it as a knee jerk reaction...

I just hope this deal gets accepted in parliament even though i know there is near 0% chance of this happening. No matter if it will lead to no deal (BJ would just not introduce further legislation to accomplish that) or this deal. I just want this over with and the UK out of our club. You can only spoil the party so many times before the remaining guests want to get rid of you.

Johnson will ask for an extension after a call with Donald Tusk.

Can you guys just have a second referendum?

Can you guys just have a second referendum?
The arguememt goes that having another one is just making a shell game of the democratic process. That the "elites" will simply want to keep rerunning the vote until they get the outcome they want. Also the line of thinking goes, it disrespects the majority opinion that held sway the first time.

I frankly find that view to be kinda bull**** given how egregiously untruthful the pro-Brex side was along with the total **** show the referendum has unleashed, which doesn't even get into what damage any vsmersion of Brexit will cause the U.K. both short and long term. Finally... This wasn't a landslide decision. Personally I feel they NEED to have another vote. Nothing has gone as the Brexiteers have wanted, it turned into a **** show, but it was going to be a **** show regardless, and it won't do whatever it's supporters think it will (Especially considering all the lying that accompanied the campaigning for it and the social media manipulations that ran along side it... Jeez... Sounds familiar, huh?)

The first one only just barely made it over the line so I can't see why Remainers want to avoid a retry to see how many people are tired of the incapability of leaving the EU in anything short of traumatic harm to the UK. Easier to stay in the EU than to leave at this point.

The first one only just barely made it over the line so I can't see why Remainers want to avoid a retry to see how many people are tired of the incapability of leaving the EU in anything short of traumatic harm to the UK. Easier to stay in the EU than to leave at this point.

Well I'm sure part of the reasoning for people wanting to leave now is that otherwise the past 3 years would have been all for nothing. People are psychologically committed to it, a bit like how when you're buying a car and have gone through all the trying out and negotiating process the salesman tells you at the last minute that he can't do something in a certain colour or can only give you an inferior model (which is a psychological technique called low balling). You're so committed to it by then and would feel that you've wasted your time, so you feel compelled to go through with the sale rather than walk away from it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"