Brianna Hildebrand is Negasonic Teenage Warhead

Discussion in 'Deadpool' started by MakeMinesMarvel, Mar 30, 2015.

1. Marvel Registered

Agree. The best compliment possible is that you wanted to see more of her character. I hope a jump in budget for the sequel means we'll see more of her.

2. Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I need an actual X-men movie with her and Colossus.

3. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

^ I feel the same way. I just want to see as much of her in the X-verse as possible. She's an awesome addition without question.

4. Thorne Registered

I loved that they changed her powers to actually match her name.

Character-wise she had some of the best interplay with Deadpool.

If you're going to change a character from the comics it's better to change one who has no great plots or character traits to ruin.

5. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

My sentiments exactly. And speaking as someone who had absolutely no knowledge of this character prior to this movie, this was a fantastic introduction to her character.

And I hope the way she's been presented in the film translates to the comics & the character develops a more integral spot in the X-Men universe.

6. righthooksrus86 Registered

She HAS to show up in more X-men movies I loved her. There was something really cute about her too.

7. AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

I imagine she has to be in the sequel after the response to her character. But more of her will always be a good thing.

8. Slushy Registered

It's really cool they took a throwaway telepath and turned her into a badass character that can charge energy. I loved the suit.

I also got the vibe that she was Illyana's replacement (since that would require the writers to have introduced her and killed her off if they wanted to be accurate).

9. BrollySupersj Gil Burg

Her powers were pretty awesome, I agree. When I first looked her up, and saw the powers she has in the comics, I was very confused. Great idea to give her cooler abilities. Telepathy is kinda boring to me.

10. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

I, per se, don't find telepathy boring but considering Xavier & Grey are already in that field, had they kept Negasonic's power-set the same it would've been like massive overkill.

11. Havok83 Registered

if they arent in the same movie, then what does it matter? With that said her powers were different than Xavier and Jean in that she was a precog, able to see the future. Thats even less practical then the class of TP that those two have and only serves as a plot driven device

12. Krak66 Registered

She could be part of The New Mutants movie which is set to be released in 2018

13. Wildcard Cataclysmic Titan

It matters for the sake of introducing different elements and powersets. Even if they are different movies, they're still connected to the same universe & it's best to avoid getting repetitive in any way you can.

Plus, aside from Xavier & Jean you have to take into account the many different telepaths we've seen across the board over the years from the various TV shows, movies, animation, etc.

14. Consona Registered

[​IMG] I need NTW and Angel Dust in every X-men movie from now on until the end of all time! [​IMG]

15. sherrymarton Registered

undoubtedly she performed so well. here facial expressions are so cute even when she is in anger. a sweet smile appear on my face when i saw her in anger. the scene when she was busy in tweet was really amazing.. wat a classy humor:gngl:

16. def28 Registered

17. Havok83 Registered

is that a new characteR?

18. def28 Registered

I believe it is supposed to be the same as New X-Men and they are just brining her into Deadpool and making her more recognizable because of the film.

19. Havok83 Registered

well thats dumb bc she died and was completely different than what was seen onscreen on DP. They should have just made this a brand new character as really the only thing shared was the codename

20. def28 Registered

Last time I remember seeing her was during Necrosha. She seemed to be conscience and not zombified like everyone else, so maybe they will tie in what happened later or something.

This character just showed up to die in the comics, even with the time she was haunting Emma she wasn't even real. She had nothing to offer the books so if they gave her the retcon treatment it wouldn't really bother me. I can understand the move as this NTW is far more well known and actually liked cause of Deadpool. But to each their own.

I think the most interesting thing is Marvel are making her more like Fox's film. There's always been this assumption that they would never do that and only play that game with characters they have the full rights for. Cause that would show support for Fox. Clearly not the case as this is a character that could have remained dead.

I think they will do it with whatever is the most popular and sells.

#120 def28, Aug 5, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2016
  21. Smilodon Registered

Yeah, I was surprised to see that too. You'd never see them change their Quicksilver to make it more like Evan Peters, despite his popularity. Unless it's in cartoon perhaps, since Evan Peters' Quicksilver is more X-Men: Evolution than the comics. That might be the place where they do it.

But yeah, it probably helps that she's a Z-list character.

22. def28 Registered

Quicksilvers Uncanny Avenger outfit from Remenders run definitely resembles his one at the end of Apocalypse now though. Despite his popularity the outfit from DOFP was never generally liked and caused controversy.

I think it may be that many of the modern X-Men films films didn't have team outfits and the ones from FC already were close enough to the source.

Brining back a character like NTW now that she's not Z list anymore shows that they are willing to capitalize on what Fox is doing. Nobody liked that character till the Deadpool movie.

#122 def28, Aug 6, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2016
  23. Havok83 Registered

You mean this?

[​IMG]

Considering this pre-dates Apocalypse by a year, it would be a case of the movie drawing inspiration from the book as opposed to Marvel looking to the films as they did with NSW. I guess the goggles there could have come from DOFP

24. def28 Registered

Oh I agree, I wasn't really trying to saying otherwise. Just more so that the X-Men films themselves made some decisions that were more accurate to the comics in regards to costumes. Quicksilver didn't even have a costume till now. If nobody has a team costume then there's really no point in Marvel carrying that over.

25. eon001 Registered

Got a funny troubled teen/older mentor vibe. Could totally see a whole movie like this. Older X-men acting as mentors to troubled mutants like the Morlocks. Dangerous minds/Sister Act2 with super powers.

Either that or X-force. She doesn't seem to have a problem killing people. Maybe Deadpool can take her under his wing. As long as they do something with her. Can't waste a great character.