Broadway musical hit 'Wicked' to the big screen

I love how there’s a preemptive petition. I really hope he comments on this. When the best movie musical you’ve been in was the mediocre at best Into the Woods and it’s only nosedived since then, it’s time to throw in the towel.

Is it a thing where James Corden is in a ton of movie musicals or something? Other than Into the Woods? Honestly asking.

Is it a thing where James Corden is in a ton of movie musicals or something? Other than Into the Woods? Honestly asking.
He was in Cats, Prom, and Cinderella. We all know how Cats turned out and his performance in Prom was especially notorious which is why everyone seems to be over him.

Not really James Corden's fault though, Cats would have been miserable no matter who was in the cast, The Prom wasn't even a good stage musical to begin with, and Corden's major sin in Cinderella was producing the dreck in the first place rather than his acting.

Never saw Cats, I thought The Prom was fine, and I don’t even remember him in Cinderella. If they cast him in this, I’ll be ok. I’m more annoyed at the Ariana Grande casting.

Into the Woods was also a piece of shirt and ruined the message of the play.

I mean, there's few enough roles that would be suitable for Corden to begin with. Maybe he can be Dr. Dillamond or something. He's too old to be Fyerio or Boq, and he doesn't quite have the villain chops to be the Wizard.

I mean, there's few enough roles that would be suitable for Corden to begin with. Maybe he can be Dr. Dillamond or something. He's too old to be Fyerio or Boq, and he doesn't quite have the villain chops to be the Wizard.
I can definitely see Hollywood casting him as Dillamond. My dream would be Timothy Omundson for that part, though.

I definitely don't think Corden deserves the hate the internet gives him, but I also haven't enjoyed him in any of his movie musical roles. I feel like it's more a problem of him having a very specific set of talents, and the studios don't know how to utilize them.

Cats was appalling. Instead of seeing Cats just go look at actual cats instead

Do NOT release the nipple and butthole cut. There’s still good on this planet, no need to make people go so insane they tear out their own eyeballs

Yeah, I'm not sure that's really the best way to go. The stage show is only two and a half hours long so they're going to need a LOT of new material to get the story long enough for two full length movies. I wonder if it's more a matter of the studio wanting to make more money with two movies instead of just one.

I really wonder how this will be received at the box office. Audiences haven’t been kind to movie musicals.

If the stage musical is two and a half hours then why would the movie need to be longer than that?

I really wonder how this will be received at the box office. Audiences haven’t been kind to movie musicals.
Wicked is one of the more popular musicals of the past 20 years or so, plus it's got Ariana Grande and her fanbase is huge. I'm expecting this'll probably be a hit.

Yeah, I'm not sure that's really the best way to go. The stage show is only two and a half hours long so they're going to need a LOT of new material to get the story long enough for two full length movies. I wonder if it's more a matter of the studio wanting to make more money with two movies instead of just one.

Definitely the wrong way to go, and it does mean they'll be adding a bunch of extra things that aren't in the stage show -- which is rarely a good thing for movie musicals. Using more non-signing dialogue.

I assume this means Part 1 will end with "Defying Gravity", which is essentially a huge cliffhanger. Pretty lame, IMO.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they try and beef up Dorothy’s role a bit. She’s really more of a cameo in the stage production

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"