Iron Man 3 Bruce Banner

darthcoolness3

Sidekick
Reaction score
Since Tony Stark and Bruce Banner are now friends after The Avengers, will we be seeing Bruce Banner again in Iron Man 3.

Example: Bruce Banner helps Tony Stark get the Extremis Virus out of him.

A bit of a tough question, although the short answer is
Yes, Banner does appear in the film

If you don't mind a mild spoiler,
he only appears post-credits

Looks like we're getting a fat Hulk in Avengers 2. Thanos will simply get eaten.

Looks like we're getting a fat Hulk in Avengers 2. Thanos will simply get eaten.

He looked fine. Shorter hair and some stubble. He looks thinner than he did in Avengers, if anything.

boy, Ruffalo has not aged well.

He looked fine. Shorter hair and some stubble. He looks thinner than he did in Avengers, if anything.

Hmm, I think we can say that his condition, changing into the Hulk every now and then, has an effect on Banner's normal appearence. His condition takes a toll on him physically over time.
I can't imagine changing into the Hulk doesn't have an effect.

That can explain how he went from looking like Edward Norton to Mark Ruffalo during a span of a year after the events of TIH.

I couldn't recognize him in the IM3 post credits scene tbh xD

Last edited:
Hmm, I think we can say that his condition, changing into the Hulk every now and then, has an effect on Banner's normal appearence. His condition takes a toll on him physically over time.
I can't imagine changing into the Hulk doesn't have an effect.

That can explain how he went from looking like Edward Norton to Mark Ruffalo during a span of a year after the events of TIH.

I couldn't recognize him in the IM3 post credits scene tbh xD

I highly doubt the Norton to Ruffalo theory is canon. How would SHIELD keep track of him if his face keeps changing? Also if it was true then there would have to be an explanation to why Rhodey looked different in the first Iron Man movie.

I was watching the Avengers today to catch up with all movies leading up to iron man 3, i have to say after 1000th time watching that film i really do like how Stark befriends Banner and even when he hulks out he has starks back its an interesting dynamic which im glad from post credit scene is being further explored.

the scene was funny as Stark was retelling the events of the film to Banner as though he was a psychiatrist Doctor. I love how they've kept in contact since Avengers. Also it allows Ruffalo to be apart Phase II Pre-Avengers 2 since Hulk isn't getting a solo film .

Last edited:
the scene was funny as Stark was retelling the events of the film to Banner as though he was a psychiatrist Doctor. I love how they've kept in contact since Avengers. Also it allows Ruffalo a to be in Phase II Pre-Avengers 2 since Hulk isn't getting a solo film .

I hate that it took me like 2 days to realize when he's narrating in the beginning he's talking and telling the entire story to bruce, hence why he's falling asleep haha.

I don't get home some said Bruce looked fat? The grey hair though...woah.

Was SOOOO excited to see Ruffalo appear in the film. He was easily my fav addition to the Marvel cinematic universe. Was such a great scene.

I highly doubt the Norton to Ruffalo theory is canon. How would SHIELD keep track of him if his face keeps changing? Also if it was true then there would have to be an explanation to why Rhodey looked different in the first Iron Man movie.

I believe he was just joking. It might be a fun bit of fanon in his mind; whatever makes people enjoy it more is cool with me.

I believe he was just joking. It might be a fun bit of fanon in his mind; whatever makes people enjoy it more is cool with me.

I actually wasn't joking lol
It would be an interesting concept.

Like having Betty come back in a future film and having a remark about how different Bruce looks since the last time she saw him.

I actually wasn't joking lol
It would be an interesting concept.

Like having Betty come back in a future film and having a remark about how different Bruce looks since the last time she saw him.

Oh. Well then you're wrong. Hahaha.

To be honest, I didn't find the scene to be very funny. It felt like we were being thrown a bone after reacting so well to their friendship in Avengers. It didn't really do anything to set up future films, but I suppose that not every post credits sequence needs it.

I think Bruce Banner ate too much Shawarma in the Avengers not because of the Hulk Transformation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"