Bryan Fuller/A24/Peacock teaming up for Friday the 13th Prequel series

Fingers crossed Fuller doesn’t wind up leaving this too, because of creative differences!

Didn't realize it was A24. I'm a big fan of Fuller's, but I've never watched any of the Friday the 13th films. Interesting that he's basically going back to NBC after Hannibal.

Didn't realize it was A24. I'm a big fan of Fuller's, but I've never watched any of the Friday the 13th films. Interesting that he's basically going back to NBC after Hannibal.
I think there’s no bad blood with Bryan Fuller and NBC. I believe he’s said that he credits NBC for keeping them on longer then they should have with the ratings they had.

But hold up…. Bryan Fuller and NBC reuniting and they don’t think to give us a Hannibal Revival. What the hell.

This seems like another Pennyworth to me. Why do we need a prequel to a story we already know and really has no need of? And especially one that will not let you use the actual material from the movies?

‘Friday the 13th’ Prequel Series ‘Crystal Lake’ in the Works at Peacock From Bryan Fuller

Miller; Marc Toberoff, the copyright attorney who repped Miller in the case; and Rob Barsamian serve as executive producers on the Peacock show, which is being described as a drama and may be likened to Bates Motel, the A&E series that ran from 2013 to 2017 and served as a prequel to Alfred Hitchcock’s 1960 horror classic, Psycho.

Barsamian is the current holder of the rights not in Miller’s briefcase, including the title and the mask. That points to the two parties now working together on this project and that those elements could potentially show up at one point.

The second paragraph seems to indicate that adult/hockey mask Jason can appear.

The series can go mostly without him, but I don't know how you end it without delivering that.

The second paragraph seems to indicate that adult/hockey mask Jason can appear.

The series can go mostly without him, but I don't know how you end it without delivering that.

Could be possible.

Think it’s more likely he could show up in a future film, though.

EXCLUSIVE: Bryan Fuller Tells Us Everything He Can About CRYSTAL LAKE

Excellent. So, for starters, what characters and locations and whatnot are you allowed to use from the Friday the 13th franchise?

Everything. We can use everything. We can go to Hell, we can go to space. That's not to say that we will do those things ... although if we do go 10 seasons, I will be lobbying hard to go to space.

This has been pitched as a prequel series, so how far back in the timeline will we be when Crystal Lake begins?

I don't think I'm allowed to say just yet, but I would say it's less a prequel series than a ... pre-remake-uel series.

Can you describe what "pre-remake-uel" means in this context?

OK, but you could be dancing around this. Could be that "Jason" is in it, but he's a kid rather than the masked killer everyone's imagining.

I think over the course of the series you will see many familiar manifestations of Jason.

Last edited:
Definitely the Hannibal direction.

But now that you've teased space, you are beholden for the 10 seasons to get there.

I loved Hannibal so maybe this will be entertaining at least. :)

…adding this here;

Easily s1 sounds like half involving Pamela working at the camp and losing a son… and then the second half will be a soft remake of F13, and each season playing with remaking and reimagining what we know.

I’m hoping they keep this soft-dated. Since the og came out in 1980, maybe have the summer Jason dies being summer ‘80 with a quicker time jump revolving around her revenge. Maybe teasing out if Jason is truly alive or he’s blamed for being a ghost killing counselors when Pamela has be doing it all along with the irony of Jason turning into a killer as well.

Age up Jason when the accident happens and s2-beyond can hit up mid ‘80a and into the 1990’s.

Take advantage of time jumps and the legend of Jason growing. Since the timeline of the film series is pretty goofy considering how fast they made those films.

I wonder how long they'll keep (young) Jason around. I could see this being like Bates Motel, mostly focussing on Pamela's relationship with her son, showing early signs of her issues. But I hope we don't have to wait multiple seasons for her to finally snap...

It's not like the movies are masterpieces, so I'm fine with Fuller doing whatever he wants with it. Maybe he'll make it more serious instead of a straight up slasher.

I’m hype for this just at the thought of it being even half as good as Hannibal or season 1 of American Gods. Whatever Fuller wants to do, I’m in and here to stay for it.

I am unbelievably hyped for this show. The premise sounds exactly like what I wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"