Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Feb 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

It makes no sense to have what is essentially, a huge reunion of original cast members, and then recast one, and only one, of the actors. It would look bizarre. And you can bet your ass the studio would be pushing for Halle, if she's willing. The buzz of all the key roles reunited would be too good to waste.

And this is from someone who hates Berry's Storm.

2. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

Yesh exactly Double B.

3. spideymouse

spideymouse Well-Known Member

Ed Norton agrees.

4. Great Mind(s)

Great Mind(s) Broken

This movie is obviously trying to tie movies together and fix continuity...it's a big continuity lovefest! It would be anti-what Singer is trying to do if he were to recast Halle.

5. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

If storm is In film Halle Berry Is playing her.The question Is Is she In script.So far they aren't talking.Bryan Singer Is only going to reveal It when he Is ready.

6. Electrix

Electrix Well-Known Member

Ed Norton only played Bruce Banner once and most people only care about The Hulk, who is computer generated anyway. Recasting him is a lot easier than actors who've completed a trilogy as one character.

7. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

:cool:

Exactly. It's not comparable. Ed Norton played the role once in a middling movie with a middling box office performance.

It's not the same as reuniting the stars of three blockbuster films after so many years apart.

You can't reunite every single key player and then have a new Storm, replacing one of the biggest "name" actors.

8. Angamb

Angamb Well-Known Member

exactly. to reunite all of them is the magic of this movie, seeing both casts and the sentinels.

To start recasting actors is a way to confuse general audience. No need for it right now.

They can reboot and recast some years later if want it. But this is a special movie.

9. Iceman

Iceman Daffy Duck Vs The Joker

I agree that Halle should be the Storm in this one if Storm is in it. Once the big reboot happens we can get a new Storm but for the purposes of this film it's pointless to recast just one character.

10. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

I think people might be surprised if Halle finally gets to play a well written Storm. She'll shine in the supporting role she'll have. I know it!!!

11. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

Again, why are we talking about recasting? If Berry's out then Storm is out. The only reason Bryan said that he unsure of Berry's return is purely creative decision for the sake of the story.

12. marvelrobbins

marvelrobbins Well-Known Member

In MTV Interview Bryan has talked balancing the 2 casts and having them In story because they fit the story not to just threw them In there.

Bryan only mentioned Halle because he was directly asked about her as he begins promation for Jack The Giant Slayer.I wouldn't jump to conclusions with his storm comments just yet.

13. jaymes_e06

jaymes_e06 Well-Known Member

But Anna definately can play Rogue from the comics though (see her character in TB Sookie Stackhouse) so that gives people more hope. It still remains to be seen if Halle can ever have any sparkle in an action role.

14. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

This is not a situation like Kitty who was a minor, one word uttering character in X1 and X2, and played by 3 different actresses. Storm has been a main character in each film. TO recast her would be all sorts of crazy.

No. :down

:funny:

That was actually hysterically funny and I agree with you. Her being promoted to leader over EMO Scott was nothing more than silly studio politics at work against Bryan Singer and James Marsden doing Superman Returns.

15. ThePowerCosmic

So, Singer's not sure if Nightcrawler will return yet in DoFP. There's still a chance for Kurt!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 11, 2013
  16. Mulholland-Jr

Mulholland-Jr Well-Known Member

That's what I'm saying. They obviously AREN'T going to recast her, so I'm baffled why people are talking about it.

17. ThePowerCosmic

I think Cumming's too old for Nightcrawler, but since Singer's seemingly against the recasting thing...

[​IMG]

18. Lightning Strykez!

PowerCosmic,

He won't look anything like this under a ton of cake make-up, my friend.

19. ThePowerCosmic

... I know that, Lightning. The guy just seems too old at 48 for Kurt. Just my opinion.

Now if it takes place in the future and not present-day in an alternate reality, then an older Nightcrawler is fine.

20. Lightning Strykez!

You've lost me though. None of his "wrinkles" or gray hair is going to show through the make-up. And CGI is going to handle all of his acrobatic sequences. So how is he too old? :csad:

21. ThePowerCosmic

I was going to say that age brings a natural maturity that could still be obvious even with the makeup on, and I'm used to Nightcrawler having a youthfulness to his character. Then again, I was just thinking how good of a job McKellen did as a younger Gandalf in the Hobbit despite being older in reality. So he could pull it off.

And I don't know if his acrobatic sequences will be pure CGI, but regardless, I think they could make it work.

22. Lightning Strykez!

23. ThePowerCosmic

Don't you "ok" me, you smug bastard. :cmad:!

24. Doc Ock

Doc Ock The Spider-Totem Awakens

I'd be happy to see Cummings as Nightcrawler again for at least one more film. Maybe even have interactions with Azazel.

25. Lightning Strykez!

:cool:

Bask in my smuggity. LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.