Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
General public could care less if all of the X-Men gets the right amount of screentime. 1 X-Men movie that is not a spin-off or a prequel per 3 years would be enough for them. Like I said they are not get much that success if they keep focusing on prequel and spin-off movies. They need to go back to the original series since its the one that worked well with the audience and at the box-office the most.

So your telling me a team X Force movie with Cable, Deadpool, Wolverine, Psylocke and Archangel wont sell? That movie would make money and bring in audiences just on the fact Wolverine and (real) Deadpool are in it. If they limit the movies then this franchise will never grow and characters will never shine. Audiences could care less about GOTG years ago but now its being hyped from everyone since its connected to something bigger. Even some hardcore comic fans dont know those characters. But you can be damn sure they will show opening day same with the GA, audiences like that these films are conected and grow. Thats part of the fun when done right. I mean where is the proof audiences dont like this? The fact that X Men has a huge amount of some of the most well known characters in comcs and Fox isnt doing **** with them is one of the worst thing about this series.

Last edited:
I feel u.
And at the end of the day, its not all about having 1 billion dollars movies.

not ALL the movies and spinoffs need a huge impact. So that shouldnt be the reason to limit the franchise.

The X-men universe is not just Wolverine and his x-men friends. So yeah, Fox should take more advantage of it, even if some spinoffs, team or solo heroes, wont reach 500 millions of dolars

Its all about building a universe of characters. With how large the X Men world is, just one film will not do it justice. So much more to be explored.

I will correct your quote: Just one team movie and a Wolverine movie will not do it justice

:D

So is the new Wolverine supposed to lead into DOFP? Makes me curious about Jean's cameo...I mean it may not be much but...its something, I can feel it...

Mark Millar says they're definitely connected, but I would take that with a grain of salt. At this point, I wouldn't even take that to mean more than Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine in both.

Mark Millar says they're definitely connected, but I would take that with a grain of salt. At this point, I wouldn't even take that to mean more than Hugh Jackman plays Wolverine in both.

Exactly.

The final scene or post credit scene might lead Into Days of future past.We will have to wait and see.

So your telling me a team X Force movie with Cable, Deadpool, Wolverine, Psylocke and Archangel wont sell? That movie would make money and bring in audiences just on the fact Wolverine and (real) Deadpool are in it. If they limit the movies then this franchise will never grow and characters will never shine. Audiences could care less about GOTG years ago but now its being hyped from everyone since its connected to something bigger. Even some hardcore comic fans dont know those characters. But you can be damn sure they will show opening day same with the GA, audiences like that these films are conected and grow. Thats part of the fun when done right. I mean where is the proof audiences dont like this? The fact that X Men has a huge amount of some of the most well known characters in comcs and Fox isnt doing **** with them is one of the worst thing about this series.

Well its definitely not gonna sell more than $200 million. It will still look like a spin-off and prequel to general audience and general audience always prefer the Original Series. Look at Puss in Boots and Shrek for example. Plus we already had a movie with Wolverine/Deadpool and that was Origins and it didn't cross the $200 million mark at domestic box-office. You aren't thinking what's going to sell to the general audience, they couldn't care less about the other X-Men teams like X-Force, New Mutants, etc. At the end of the day, money is what matters the most to studios. It doesn't matter that much if the movie is good or not or if it please the comic-book fans. If movies like X-Force and Deadpool bombed at box-office. This movie series would be over.

How is that a gamble? Better then shoving them all in one film. No one has been happy with the time given to characters given with one team. They need to break them up to add more. Other teams exist from the source its not like they are making up this idea or anything. They have their own stories.
One word: money.

Well its definitely not gonna sell more than $200 million. It will still look like a spin-off and prequel to general audience and general audience always prefer the Original Series. Look at Puss in Boots and Shrek for example. Plus we already had a movie with Wolverine/Deadpool and that was Origins and it didn't cross the $200 million mark at domestic box-office. You aren't thinking what's going to sell to the general audience, they couldn't care less about the other X-Men teams like X-Force, New Mutants, etc. At the end of the day, money is what matters the most to studios. It doesn't matter that much if the movie is good or not or if it please the comic-book fans. If movies like X-Force and Deadpool bombed at box-office. This movie series would be over.

so Marvel can do Guardians of the Galaxy but Fox cant do a new team movie?

That mentality is why Marvel studios is above all the other studios in terms of boxoffice.

Marvel are takings risks and giving fans what they want, but they are winning after all.

"To be afraid of boxoffice" shouldnt be a reason to avoid new movies.
If any studio want a new succesfull movie/franchise, sign a GREAT creative team (director and writer) and great actors, and give the movie a decent budget to get great special effects.

Some movies will do well, others not so much, but the long run is what matter, not just the first movie boxoffice.

Again, Marvel is the one winning more money right now. The other studios should leave their worries and fears for once and for all

Last edited:

I really hope it's not. A couple of big things that got me excited when The Wolverine was announced was Darren Aronofsky and them constantly drilling it into out heads that it was a totally stand-alone story. Now there's no Aronofsky and it's apparently connected.

I hope it'll be connect a little bit. It'll just be like a Marvel Cinematic film that ties into The Avengers. Stand-alone but with a connection.

so Marvel can do Guardians of the Galaxy but Fox cant do a new team movie?

That mentality is why Marvel studios is above all the other studios in terms of boxoffice. Marvel are takings risks and giving fans what they want, but they are winning after all.

"To be afraid of boxoffice" shouldnt be a reason to avoid new movies.
If any studio want a new succesfull movie/franchise, sign a GREAT creative team (director and writer) and great actors, and give the movie a decent budget to get great special effects.

Some movies will do well, others not so much, but the long run is what matter, not just the first movie boxoffice.

Again, Marvel is the one winning more money right now. The other studios should leave their worries and fears for once and for all

Guardians of the Galaxy is already a gamble. But thats actually the only risk that Marvel Studios have made so far. Making movies for Iron Man, Captain America, Hulk, The Avengers and Thor are not.

And FOX have been playing the prequel and spin-off route since Origins, its not like they haven't done before. I don't see why they should still continue with that route especially with the box-office performances of Origins/First Class.

I don't think it's so much that FOX needs to stop making origin or spin off films. They just need to make origin or spin off films people will actually care about. It's all about dollars and cents and dollars and sense. For example:

No one was really clamoring for a Wolverine movie--his origin had taken up two of the 3 X-Men films already. :whatever:

For a minute they were talking about doing a spin off film for Deadpool. Again, few really give a damn. :whatever::whatever:

And absolutely no one gave a f*** about that damn Elektra movie. :whatever::whatever::whatever:

FOX either invests millions in horses that have been beaten to death like Wolverine, or in B and C-list Marvel characters that audiences and fan bases have little interest in (i.e. First Class). For example, if they had cast a younger Cyclops, Jean and Storm in FC I can guarantee you that the BO would've been far larger. But instead they focused on Banshee and Havok--characters who are not even big sellers in the comics.

The worst part? Every time they crowd theaters with these lame ass films with low ratings and box office intakes, it just weakens and dilutes the entire brand of this film genre. They need to stop and just focus on the big names of Marvel. I have high hopes that Days Of Future Past will finally "break the mold" for Twentieth Century Fox once and for all. :up:

Last edited:

No they care about the characters that are in it. Anyone who says Deadpool and Cable are not marketable comic material are just flat out wrong. Wolverine was leaked, was a follow up to a ****** movie, had horrible reviews and was still a success. An X Men movie with one of the worst rosters Ive seen in X comics and in film still made money. PLus it took place in the 60s and followed up after two of the worst X Men movies in the franchise. Im shocked it made as much as it did tbh. I see no proof that anything X Men related would fail at this point, because after 5 movies none have failed regardless of the team members or quality. Nothing flopped.

I just think before the casual viewers get tired of these spin-offs and prequels, I hope its not too late for FOX to do a X-Men 4 movie or a just movie with the original cast. Because I feel like when they make a movie for New Mutants, Deadpool, X-Force and they all bombed at the box-office, FOX would go back to continuing the original series to bring back the viewers who supported the original trilogy but it wouldn't end up as a success anymore because the general public is already tired with the series, that it took them so much time to make a X-Men 4 movie that it should have been released when there was still a lot of interest with the series and that the cast is already too old to continue and revive the series.

Some people here just don't realize that FOX can't do anything that they want with the series. They just can't release a Deadpool movie and expect them to sell. They just can't release a X-Force movie and expect them to sell. With every prequel and spin-off that they are making, they are introducing a brand new cast (with the exception of 1 to 2 characters) and I think its tiring for the audience. Studios make sequels because they don't have to do a lot of introduction because they already established most of the characters in the first movie and its easier for them to introduce 1 to 3 new faces instead of an entire cast to the viewers. Its easier to just forward with the characters that the general audience already know rather than trying to be creative by creating a spin-off which wouldn't even sell more than the original series.

Like I said this is not like the comics, movies take time to make and X-Men is not even a huge franchise compare to the other movie franchises out there like Harry Potter, Spider-Man, Star Wars, etc. I'm surprised FOX is already making its 3rd spin-off movie. I hope they go back continuing the original series before its too late.

I just cant see that point at all, theres no proof at all that audiences would get tired of that. They want more. People are tired of seeing the same three characters focused on if anything, cause thats all these films have done. The spin offs were about the same characters focused on X1-3. We need new blood. Otherwise FOx needs to sell those characters, Im not interested in seeing short cameos and dozens of mutants shoved in one film.

No they care about the characters that are in it. Anyone who says Deadpool and Cable are not marketable comic material are just flat out wrong. Wolverine was leaked, was a follow up to a ****** movie, had horrible reviews and was still a success. An X Men movie with one of the worst rosters Ive seen in X comics and in film still made money. PLus it took place in the 60s and followed up after two of the worst X Men movies in the franchise. Im shocked it made as much as it did tbh. I see no proof that anything X Men related would fail at this point, because after 5 movies none have failed regardless of the team members or quality. Nothing flopped.

Exactly!

some x-men fans are even more insecure than Fox.

If the own fans who supposedly knows the x-men universe and characters dont understand the potential of all the characters and teams, how on earth can they expect Fox to do it?

I just cant see that point at all, theres no proof at all that audiences would get tired of that. They want more. People are tired of seeing the same three characters focused on if anything, cause thats all these films have done. The spin offs were about the same characters focused on X1-3. We need new blood. Otherwise FOx needs to sell those characters, Im not interested in seeing short cameos and dozens of mutants shoved in one film.

This. Exactly. Forever and ever, amen, thank you lord Jesus. :up:

Anyone who says Deadpool and Cable are not marketable comic material are just flat out wrong. Wolverine was leaked, was a follow up to a ****** movie, had horrible reviews and was still a success. An X Men movie with one of the worst rosters Ive seen in X comics and in film still made money. PLus it took place in the 60s and followed up after two of the worst X Men movies in the franchise. Im shocked it made as much as it did tbh. I see no proof that anything X Men related would fail at this point, because after 5 movies none have failed regardless of the team members or quality. Nothing flopped.

Flash news, Cable and Deadpool aren't as big as Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Blade, Elektra and Punisher and we all know how those movies of those characters performed at the box-office.

And don't wait until one of the these X-Men movies flopped if FOX kept releasing spin-offs and prequels. At one point, one of these prequels and spin-offs will barely reach the $100 million mark at the domestic box-office.

Last edited:

The proof is the box-office performance of X-Men: First Class. And did you notice when a cast member from the original trilogy makes a cameo in these prequels? Casual viewers always pay attention and that just shows that the casual viewers are more interested with the original cast. DOFP wouldn't even get a lot of hype if the original cast isn't coming back. So...

Original cast = money, less introduction, more hype
Prequel/spin-off = risk, gamble, needs more promotion, more needed introduction to the cast

Flash news, Cable and Deadpool aren't as big as Daredevil, Ghost Rider, Blade, Elektra and Punisher and we all know how those movies of those characters performed at the box-office.

Maybe ten years ago but Deadpool is way more popular then those characters nowadays. Blade and Daredevil were a success which is why they spawned sequels and spinoffs.
The proof is the box-office performance of X-Men: First Class. And did you notice when a cast member from the original trilogy makes a cameo in these prequels? Casual viewers always pay attention and that just shows that the casual viewers are more interested with the original cast. DOFP wouldn't even get a lot of hype if the original cast isn't coming back. So...

Of course because those actors and roster sell more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"