Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roeper is the same guy who said Arnold deserved an Oscar nomination for T3. I don't value his opinion much.

Also the less-than-stellar reviews for Jack don't worry me too much. I have friends that worked on Jack and they told me it was obvious Singer was just doing it for the paycheck. With X-men however, you can tell Bryan is very excited.

Is this the excuse for the reason why its flopped? "Oh his heart just wasn't in it".

If I were studio investing money in a film then I'd be worried about director who's heart just isn't in it.

I thought the movie looked like it could be fun. I love Ewan. Who are these bad reviewers?

Is this the excuse for the reason why its flopped? "Oh his heart just wasn't in it".

If I were studio investing money in a film then I'd be worried about director who's heart just isn't in it.

It happens all time. Directors and actors are often 'forced' to do things under contract. He might have owed the studio another film.

I wouldn't mind seeing it (have been invited to press screening) but it doesn't scream must-see. The fairy tale trend is already running out of steam, like that silly Hansel & Gretel thing.

It happens all time. Directors and actors are often 'forced' to do things under contract. He might have owed the studio another film.

I wouldn't mind seeing it (have been invited to press screening) but it doesn't scream must-see. The fairy tale trend is already running out of steam, like that silly Hansel & Gretel thing.

i have a feeling hansel and gretel will flop

but as for jack the giant killer... i think the trailer was to busy trying to take it away from the fairytale aspect to the point there was nothing that made it look special

i have a feeling hansel and gretel will flop

but as for jack the giant killer... i think the trailer was to busy trying to take it away from the fairytale aspect to the point there was nothing that made it look special
Well it's number one at the box office at the moment.

The position on a box office chart doesn't mean much. Warner Bros. spent way too much ($200 million) on this film. Overseas could save it, but it's unlikely.

I haven't seen Jack the Giant Slayer yet but I am interested, mainly see how Singer handled things. If it gets a reputation as the next John Carter then it'll be down to Warner Bros. who couldn't control their budget.

Because the Hobbit grossed the lowest of any LOTR state side and X-Men: DOFP can easily reach the 300 million mark with the scale they are going for. In fact, I think it is easily the biggest domestic release of 2014, and if it delivers, will far outgross ASM 2 and Hobbit 3 domestically.

I think DOFP should pass $250m US, I need to see a trailer or something (and see how The Wolverine does, I'm cautiously optimistic about both, quality-wise) before going higher.

Like someone else mentioned, Hobbit1 already crossed $300m. I think TASM2 will hold around the same as the first ($262m).

You're completely forgetting about other competition like Transformers 4 & The Hunger Games: Mockingjay p1, Bond 24 (unless it's moved back).

Other potential mid-$200m films:

How to Train Your Dragon 2
Cap:TWS
Pixar Dinosaur film
Guardians of the Galaxy

I think he signed a 3 movie contract with Superman. He had no choice but to do this movie. Who knows how much effort he put into it.

Hansel and Gretel was awesome! Most on SHH dug it. Its a completely different (Adult) B Movie audience then Jack And The giant Slayer and not to be taken seriously at all. If anything its making fun of all these new Fairy Tale movies. Its supposed to be stupid gory fun. Id see it 4 more times just for Gemma Arterton.

We need more R Rated flicks with a decent budget so Im glad that one did good.

Last edited:
Slayer would have to do at least 450mil overseas alone to make up for the domestic shortfall. Because studios still make less from overseas grosses than domestic one's. I know some hate to hear that but the domestic market is still very, very important for that very reason.

This failure won't affect the boxoffice of Days though. This movie should do at least 200mil. X-Men films have never been massive hits so I'm leery of predicting much more than 250mil for this latest one.

IIRC it was his contract with WB that forced him to film "Jack" and required him to abandon "First Class"

And apparently the word is Fox is forcing Lawrence to do this sequel. Ahh Hollywood and those pesky contracts.

id hope she wants to do it and isnt just doin it because she forced too

Slayer would have to do at least 450mil overseas alone to make up for the domestic shortfall. Because studios still make less from overseas grosses than domestic one's. I know some hate to hear that but the domestic market is still very, very important for that very reason.

This failure won't affect the boxoffice of Days though. This movie should do at least 200mil. X-Men films have never been massive hits so I'm leery of predicting much more than 250mil for this latest one.

X-Men Last Stand would adjust to over 300 million with inflation. So, DOFP could do that. It should be epic enough to have the potential. I see at least 250.

It seems fairly obvious that JACK is Bryan Singer trying something new and a little different, tonally and storywise. DOFP will be a return to the familiar, and right up his alley, in terms of his tastes and interests. I'm not too worried at this point.

Haha I love how we have this bias against certain actresses and favoritism for others. (I do it from time to time too :p)

^^That would rarely be said on a genre website for a Halle Berry. But sure for Jennifer Lawrence, yea we'll go with that.

Extra points for saying that and having an Anne Hathaway avatar! LOL

Hollywood is wack.

I hope Singer convinces each of the principals they will have a large role and not to worry, then cuts all their screentime down in favor of Peter Dinklage.

Bryan Singer ‏@BryanSinger

Thrilled to welcome the brilliant #OmarSy from the amazing film #TheIntouchables to the cast of #Xmen #DaysofFuturePast!

I wonder who he could be? :p

Never heard of him.

*Googles him*

:hmm
Bishop?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"