Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
this movie should definetly have a clifanger.

The fans should leave the theatre HUNGRY for the next sequel, lol

Last edited:
Hmmmm....

The mutant holocaust is eight years after The Last Stand and once they go back to the future at the end... there's Jean and Scott (and... I'm gonna say it again Charles and Erik running the school together) among others alive. Thus accommodating the time gap between X3 and Days of Future Past and explaining why they look older.

Pure guess.
I'd be happy with that!

Yeah, this really could be the platform for a great X-Men film future if all these issues get 'corrected' lol.

Many of the old cast could come back for brief cameo either at the battle with sentinel or towards the end with new future. Just because many will come back does not mean they will all play huge roles.

Many of the old cast could come back for brief cameo either at the battle with sentinel or towards the end with new future. Just because many will come back does not mean they will all play huge roles.

Singer said each character in DoFP has as function and are not in it just to fill up the screen and billboards, I guess he's referring to Origins and X3.

Singer said each character in DoFP has as function and are not in it just to fill up the screen and billboards, I guess he's referring to Origins and X3.

It would serve a function even if it's for a minute or two at the very end of the movie, to have Cyclops and Jean alive again.

It would serve a function even if it's for a minute or two at the very end of the movie, to have Cyclops and Jean alive again.

Yes, and don't forget the memorable cameo of Colossus in X2 (far superior than the longer scenes in X3). Also I don't mean for them to appear on billboard or fill up the screen. Brief but memorable cameo.

Good
- Colossus in X2
- Logan in XFC

Bad
- Xavier in XOW
- Nearly all cameos in XLS

XLS didn't even have cameos IMO. The ones that didn't have promotional photos for X3, had a small role or supporting role in the movie like the role for Psylocke, Arclight, Multiple Man, Leech, Dr. Moira MacTaggert, the President of the United States, Secretary Trask, Omega Kid.

Scenes like Logan in First Class and Xavier in Origins were cameos because they only appeared in 1 scene. Colossus' role in X2 wasn't a cameo because he appeared in more than 1 scene, I think he got at least 4 scenes in X2.

I would call Colossus an extended cameo role...

There's no such thing. He's either a cameo or he isn't.

Cameo = A minor part (often by a well-known performer or character) in a single scene of a film, play, TV series, or similar work.

If it's more than one scene, it ain't a cameo.

It's like when someone said to me the other day they were "mildly hysterical" about something. That's nonsense. Hysteria can never be 'mild'. They were either hysterical or they weren't.

X2 is on tv in my country right now. Always so many cool details and little scenes to rediscover.

There's no such thing. He's either a cameo or he isn't.

Cameo = A minor part (often by a well-known performer or character) in a single scene of a film, play, TV series, or similar work.

If it's more than one scene, it ain't a cameo.

It's like when someone said to me the other day they were "mildly hysterical" about something. That's nonsense. Hysteria can never be 'mild'. They were either hysterical or they weren't.

Meh you can be mildly hysterical if you were hysterical for only a minute as opposed to someone for five minutes...that could be extremely hysterical.

Cameo in one memorable scene or small but significant role. Either way it is still better than having small but forgettable roles like Psylocke, Arclight, Quill, Spike. All were pathetic !

Haha I forgot about Spike, which serves your point. Well played sir. :D

Cameo in one memorable scene or small but significant role. Either way it is still better than having small but forgettable roles like Psylocke, Arclight, Quill, Spike. All were pathetic !
Honestly, I can't really blame X3 for giving minor roles to throwaway characters from the comic. With the exception of Psylocke, did anyone actually care that they 'wasted' those characters on screen? Better to waste Quill than Gambit.

Honestly, I can't really blame X3 for giving minor roles to throwaway characters from the comic. With the exception of Psylocke, did anyone actually care that they 'wasted' those characters on screen? Better to waste Quill than Gambit.
I don't think anyone is mad that they wasted those characters (again, with the exception of Psylocke), but more that they were all useless, poorly acted, and didn't need to be in the movie at all.

To me Arclight, Omega Kid and Spyke didn't bother me (though I feel like Omega Kid had more lines than Colossus) because they weren't really notable in the comics and they didn't have promotional pictures. So I just saw them as one of Magneto's soldiers that they were just there to fight and they aren't as important as Juggernaut, Mystique, Pyro, Toad and Sabretooth.

But it would have been better if they just picked 3 to 5 supporting characters that are part of Magneto's Brotherhood. There will still be a lot of Brotherhood mutants in the Alcatraz battle but I wish they just focused on 3 to 5 Brotherhood members. They should have just gave the role of Arclight, Multiple Man, Spyke, Omega Kid, Psylocke to those three to five supporting Brotherhood members.

Last edited:
I don't really want to see Cyclops and Jean back. I'd love to, but...there's no way this movie will turn into anything other than a mess if they spend time explaining time travel, Jean, Cyclops, Professor X, Sentinels, Rogue, Magneto, linking 70s to current days, AND still making sense and having a nice storyline in the middle of that.

The only corrections I need to see is Rogue (pretty much confirmed, YAY! love you Singer), and I'm still holding out hope for Storm, even if she is just a money-shot grabber. Having the Sentinels without Storm frying a dozen of them at once will be just...depressing. She's the BEST mutant in terms of fighting a Sentinel and making it look cool.

Magneto is gonna be really lame (Sentinels turning into thousands of pieces or being crushed), Wolverine is so blah wit his slashing, Iceman could be somewhat okay, Kitty a non-event...without Cyclops and Storm, Sentinel battling just isn't the same. And Cyclops is dead already in the future.

EDIT: Actually...I wouldn't mind the opening scene of the film being Storm being chased by Sentinels, fighting them for all she's worth, giving us the best opening to an X-Film ever, and then dying.

I don't think it would be good if they show Storm at the beginning and kill her off right away, well unless its a flash forward scene.

Even if they dedicate the whole movie to her death, I think a lot of people would be disappointed if they kill Storm very early in the movie. I think if they are gonna kill somebody, especially a major character, they should just save it towards the end of the movie.

I think it would be a big mistake to repeat X3's mistake for killing Professor X and Cyclops in the first 40 minutes of the movie.

not all the movies should be the same, with the death/s af the very end of the movie.

Days of future past storyarc had deaths during the two issues, not only at the end, thats why it was such an iconic and powerfull and dramatic story.

X3 was a dissapointed because Cyclops shouldnt have died on that story, either Xavier. THAT was the mistake.

but this is a totally DIFFERENT story.

I dunno, you could really have a great scene if you killed a big name in the first 5 minutes. Imagine opening on a shivering Storm or Kitty Pryde or someone, dirty and bloody, hiding behind wreckage. We hear loud noises and all of a sudden she's discovered. She whips up a storm, does something bad ass and devestating, struggles but manages to take down a sentinel. Exhausted, she turns around and sees she's surrounded by 10 more. Her eyes white over, lightning starts coming out of her eyes and she says something defiant like "I will fight to the end!" (less cliche, obviously) and we see her scream as she is disintegrated by a hand blast. Sentinel says "Target eliminated" in a cold voice, camera pans down and rests on an old burnt 'X' emblem covered in ash and we fade to black and up comes the title.

That could be a pretty damn powerful way to open the movie. If you treat a death well to sell the danger of this future, it could be awesome. You could an action scene as satisfying as the White House scene in X2 but with an emotional pay off like Rorshachs death scene in Watchmen.

They don't have to kill her off, but it would make a huge impact to see her character die (like Jean Grey in X2). She could return towards the end or it would end in 70s without any of them knowing what would happen in the future and continue with another sequel !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"