Days of Future Past Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past

Status
Not open for further replies.

FilmNerdJamie

Obtainer of wrong opinions!
Reaction score
Confirmed as per "TOLDJA"

Bryan Singer has just closed his deal to return to the director's chair for the X-Men franchise to direct X-Men: Days of Future Past, the next installment of 20th Century Fox's superhero series. The ink is still drying on the deal, we’ve learned. Matthew Vaughn was to direct the sequel to the hit spinoff X-Men: First Class, but we told you last week he was stepping back; word is he is near a deal to produce this one instead along with writer Simon Kinberg and Lauren Shuler Donner.

Singer launched the X-Men feature franchise with the first two superb films and has been a guiding influence in this spinoff by writing the treatment and producing. Fox already has the script for X-Men: Days Of Future Past, and set to return is Fox's First Class cast that includes Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Jennifer Lawrence. The studio hopes to make the July 18, 2014 release date it set for the sequel.

Singer's next film is Jack The Giant Killer for New Line. He is repped by WME.

And Matthew Vaughn producing! :D

I'm thrilled!

I've been waiting a long time to see Bryan helm another X-film.

The fact that it's DOFP of all things, (arguably one of the greatest comic stories of all time), is awesome.

:awesome:

Great news! Now, let's get the ball rolling!

Im excited!!!!!!!!

Great times for x-men fans. This movie will be EPIC.

either with Vaugh or Singer, but so glad the creator of the franchise is back finally!

most of us will be pleased, we'll see

I'm sure folks will find their own reasons to ***** about this, but I'm very pleased. :up:

I hope this means we can finally see a return of his classic X-Men opening.

9 years after X2. Its crazy!

congrats Bryan!

A Bryan Singer Film.

li6hw.jpg

First Disney buying Lucasfilm and now this! Great day so far.

With Bryan back atthe helm I have full confidence that this will be the best X-Men film ever. Also the possibility that his original cast of X-Men will come back has just increased.

God I hope they do

After the shock of Vaughn leaving, this official confirmation of Singer taking over feels relieving. It really is the most logical and smooth choice.

Glad Vaughn is staying as producer. It's like the opposite of First Class. Maybe they can do every second. :D

Still sorry that Vaughn is not directing, but I guess at this point in the project Singer is a logical choice. Would be good to have Vaughn involved in a producer role at least.

I can live with "appearances" from the old cast too, just pleeease don't overdo it.

Bryan Singer trending worldwide on twitter. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"