259904218_3b55a21100_o.jpg

RedSonja3.jpg

RedSonja.jpg

jessica_biel_02.jpg

jessica-biel.jpg

Rose having the part has me :grin:

rose-mcgowan-02050801_000.jpg

rosario-dawson-rose-mcgowan-rolling-stone-4-5-07.jpg

Who knows and some directors like to do other projects sometimes. Look at Del Toro he wants to do Hellboy 3 but after the hobbit.

Given that IDW and then Dynomite were the ones who published her in comic format, she belongs in the Misc. Comics board.

After all, Transformers was placed there (rather than here) too.

Good point. Moved.

They better keep Red Sonja's original costume. :)

Well, we all know Rose is not modest. I wish I could post that dress she wore to the MTV awards when she was dating manson

hopefully whoever gets the part will look good in the chainmail bikini.. make sure to be true to the comics!

alas-- no crossover with Conan, though, I guess...

Already did a crossover in the '80s. Don't need to do it again.

Personally, I prefer a Brass/Bronze Bra and Gertile over leather jack/gambeson down to about her knees.

But that's just me, YMMV.

Is McGowan to Rodriguez what Helena Bonham Carter is to Tim Burton now? Like "I'm dating her, so I guess I better have her as my leading lady." Is that what's going on here?

Is McGowan to Rodriguez what Helena Bonham Carter is to Tim Burton now? Like "I'm dating her, so I guess I better have her as my leading lady." Is that what's going on here?

Well, Burton used to cast his former gf in most of his movies before they broke up and Burton began to date Carter. But Rodriguez only began to do this after he started dating McGowan (his ex-wife is a movie producer).

I think the difference is Burton never cast his girlfriend Lisa Marie in lead roles and Helena Bonham-Carter has plenty of credibility as a lead actress before she met Burton. She does have an Oscar nomination after all and acclaim for several films beyond that, Howard's End and Fight Club in particular.

McGowan's filmography is pretty sketchy compared to that. Not to say that she couldn't do a good job, but certainly her relationship with Rodriguez is a plus.

Rose is by far the best choice and boyfriend or no I would be suggesting her so I'm glad she is starring.

There's an article at Comicbookresources saying McGowan and Rodriguez are gonna be a CCI promoting this.

rose as sonja? sounds interesting

Ew biel? shes such a blah actress. Rose can play this part with ease. Tho i always liked Christina Hendricks(Mad Men and Firefly) as Red Sonja, but I tihnk Rose will be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"