Bryan Singer takes on Red Sonja

Wouldn't surprise me if there's a lot of people who have dirt on some big wigs and leveraging it for their career.

I mean, was he really ever in any danger? If he hadn't been booted from the role before, no reason he would now.

I forgot this thread existed. For some reason we have two different Red Sonja threads.

I mean, was he really ever in any danger? If he hadn't been booted from the role before, no reason he would now.
Yeah... why would they get rid of the director of Best Picture candidate Bohemian Rhapsody.

Bryan Singer has been brought to court multiple times by multiple people for sexaulty assaulting young boys and still works, while James Gunn got fired for making awful jokes on twitter a decade ago. Lmao

I hope it's well done with good budget and cast. I'll see it if done well and enjoyable.

If Patty Jenkins doesn't feel like directing Wonder Woman 3, she should take over. Singer's a joke.

Pretty certain it isn't his talent that got him the job. And the payday.

What actress is going to sign up for this? Unless they plan on getting some Eastern Euro who won’t care this is not going to work.

What actress is going to sign up for this? Unless they plan on getting some Eastern Euro who won’t care this is not going to work.

There's plenty of actresses who would still do this.

Rumor...
Thursday, January 31, 2019
Blind Items Revealed #2
January 24, 2019

There is one studio which hired the disgraced A-list Director back in October. The film has not begun shooting yet. Before yesterday’s big expose, my source said that the aging studio head and a VP were pushing for the disgraced A-list Director. The son of the studio head was still fighting to ditch the director. Apparently the son still has morals.

After the expose, the source said about the disgraced A list director’s involvement: “Huge chance it doesn’t happen.”

Bryan Singer/Red Sonja/Millennium Films/Avi Lerner (father)/Yariv Lerne (son)

Very good news. Ridiculous that they were letting him go ahead, considering what’s going on,

Put on back burner means they're still sticking with him... Avi Lerner's statement about someone being tried in court as opposed to twitter I think makes sense from an older person adjusting to the changes of today especially when taken in context with the negative publicity surrounding some sexual harassment claims in the past going out into the media involving workplace issues at the studio in the past. That said, I believe they've turned themselves around from what what I read and kind of doubted this film would takeoff (the father listens to his son in this case). It's just a little bit of residual irritation about media taking things ahead of the court system.

That being said, why not go back to Sheena? Deadline I believe reported this movie over a year before Red Sonja and then suddenly it just dropped off. Time to focus on moving forward. If that means firing people or selling to another company so be it.

Last edited:
Forgetting the fact he's a predatory nonce case...

He is a drugged up alcoholic who is unreliable and emotionally unstable. Those things alone should rule him out of any top directing job.

^ Not the most tactful way to put it but yeah. Putting aside the potential criminal charges, it seems pretty clear that Singer has professional problems at this point too.

It's time for Hollywood to open up more about what happens on set. I am incredibly uncomfortable hearing about "nightmare productions" in hindsight. 'Bohemian Rhapsody' was a hostile work environment that didn't need to happen if Singer was indeed having issues during 'Apocalypse' as well. Discretion is only benefiting the bad actors in this industry.

Last edited:
Because you can't judge production conditions because of... "art". It is what Hollywood has hid behind for generations.

Forgetting the fact he's a predatory nonce case...

He is a drugged up alcoholic who is unreliable and emotionally unstable. Those things alone should rule him out of any top directing job.

He’s also the one of most crushingly mediocre artists to make it big.

I know that subjective opinion is immaterial compared to his accusations and behavior, but him still getting work with his past would make more sense were he actually a good director. He’s just not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"