Bryan Singer takes on Red Sonja

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/zz358f4redsonja3915.jpg
zz358f4redsonja3915.jpg

http://www.slashfilm.com/wp/wp-content/images/redsonja4.jpg
redsonja4.jpg

do people actually consider conan and the red sonja to be actual "comic book films" or are they more fantasy films?

Hmmm. Not a big Sonja fan, but McGowan does seem a bit scrawny to pull off the role. Unfortunately, the pics have that Sin City/The Spirit look to them. This should be done in a more realistic Conan the Barbarian sort of way. Whatever.

This should be done in a more realistic Conan the Barbarian sort of way. Whatever.

Movies like this can go in both directions and still be good.

The posters look awesome.

Not big on Rose but if she gets back to having some meat on her bones I might give her a chance..

SHE HAS NO TORSO.

You cannot rock out the sexy female warrior thing when you lack a lengthy torso. *sigh* It's one of the burdens of being petite and adorable. I mean, she looks ridiculous. Her size? Her ARMS? Relative to the size of that sword? I do not have the ability to suspend enough disbelief to buy her using it.

I mean, physicality isn't everything in a role, but would you want Seth Green playing Conan?

Not saying she isn't hot--she is--just saying, she's a different sort of hot than Sonja is.

True. But there's been worse.

livia647du2.png

rocallisto234zh8.png

These are all supposed to be fierce warriors in action. :oldrazz: In reality, they look like women dressed up in costumes waving a sword making funny faces to make it seem as if they're really strong.

Last edited:
I wonder what Rosario Dawson would look like with red hair?

If we could put McGowan's face on Joanie Laurer's body, that would be it.

Back in the day Brigitte pulled it off. You need a big woman to be Red Sonja. This casting just doesn't do it for me. Wayyy too scrawny for my taste. Kind of cheesy actually.

True. But there's been worse.

livia647du2.png

rocallisto234zh8.png

These are all supposed to be fierce warriors in action. :oldrazz: In reality, they look like women dressed up in costumes waving a sword making funny faces to make it seem as if they're really strong.

They were in a tv show which could be very comedic.

People will keep their standards lower more with that then a serious big budget movie.

Callisto kicked ass :cmad:

didn't care for Eve though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"