Bryan Singer takes on Red Sonja

The studio behind this is the same that is rebooting Hellboy, and also the same that has recently given us classics such as the Expendables series, the Conan reboot and The Legend of Hercules.

The She-Devil couldn't be in better hands. :o

**** me... These guys are gonna nail it, as usual. :(

Well, right now they seem to be making all the right choices with Hellboy, so I wouldn't lose all hope yet. I'd lose most of it, but not all. :o

Good writer. Let's just hope Avi Lerner won't mess around with this like he did with Conan The Barbarian(2011).

Bryan Singer in Talks to Direct 'Red Sonja' (Exclusive)

Sources say Millennium will pay Singer top dollar for the assignment, which is seen as a step toward rehabilitating the director's image. Singer was fired by Fox after repeatedly not showing up for work on the set of its Queen biopic Bohemian Rhapsody, among other work offenses. In December, he was sued by Cesar Sanchez-Guzman, who accused the director of raping him when he was a 17-year-old boy in 2003. It wasn't the first time that Singer had faced such an accusation.

But Singer wound up overseeing the editing of Bohemian Rhapsody and is poised to receive full directing credit. The movie is now generating strong buzz inside and outside of the studio. While audiences and critics will be the jury on Bohemian Rhapsody when it opens Nov. 2, Millennium is willing to take a chance on Singer given that "none of the allegations seem to have merit," says an insider.

Singer was dropped by his agency, WME, earlier this year and has been negotiating the Red Sonja deal with the help of his attorney David Feldman.

giphy.webp

I have no doubt singer will deliver a solid entertaining film especially with the writer X-men First Class on board which Bryan Singer had an involvement in, BUT Singer should not be getting work. He should of been kicked out of Hollywood already because he's done some unspeakable things.

I won't be shocked to hear that he isn't part of the project.

I mean, if you're going to hire an alleged rapist to direct your female-led movie, at least don't hire the guy who made Storm lame. :o

Watch them give him a chance anyway. Directors have been ousted for less. *cough*

What if the producers are just like him or worse but their stories haven't come out yet? Birds of a feather and all that...

I guess this can't really be called a comeback or redemption since Singer didn't exactly go anywhere or into obscurity and the accusations weren't that long ago.

Thought his comeback would at least be non-cb-related. Hopefully, his head is finally in it.

I mean, if you're going to hire an alleged rapist to direct your female-led movie, at least don't hire the guy who made Storm lame. :o
Could've made a gay joke. Could've made a pedo joke.

So is there ever any new news on this project? Every piece of news says the same thing, that Bryan Singer is in talks to helm Red Sonja. But it's been saying the same thing since 2008 which is when this thread started.

Here's the latest:

X-Men Director Bryan Singer In Talks To Helm Red Sonja Adaptation

How does he seem remotely suited to this project? I bet he'll put her in black leather. Can't they find a different director? Why doesn't he give up?

Thought his comeback would at least be non-cb-related. Hopefully, his head is finally in it.

Could've made a gay joke. Could've made a pedo joke.

Ehhhh.......:o

After all the allegations, how does he continue to get hired for projects?

This movie will get no money from me if Singer is involved.

Heck, Queen is my favorite band of all time and I'm skipping Bohemian Rhapsody.

Considering the studio, it makes sense. I would be more curious if any major studio hired him, at least for a while. I mean, the dude got fired from his last film. A big one at that.

Bryan Singer seems like the LAST guy that you'd want to hire for a Red Sonja film, or a Sword & Sorcery film in general (would he really be willing to embrace the tone, aesthetic, out there elements I don't know honestly). Both because of his past work AND the "issues" surrounding him.

Sadly studios being tone-deaf is sadly to be expected though.

Looking forward to Louise Mingenbach designed leather costumes. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"