BTAS Batman or Nolanverse Batman?

If I wanted to explain to an alien why Batman is one of the greatest and highly regarded fictional characters I'd just show them BTAS.

Nothing better embodies why Batman is thee shizzznit.

The Narrows look nothing like this
girard_kowloon_c.jpg

Or this
article-2139914-12EF321E000005DC-81_964x604.jpg

Or this
Inside-Kowloon-Walled-City.jpg

And saying it isn't is not trolling.

I thought the Narrows (or part of them) were built on those huge indoor sound stages? If so, they are not Chigago. All the same, they don't really look like the locations above, either.

I still think it's kind of a futile comparison. The Nolan trilogy can't give me hours upon wonderful hours of a fully fleshed out Batman universe that's true to many eras of the comics while having that 1940s/art deco flare that's true to the roots of the character.

BTAS can't give me one of the most immersive cinematic experiences ever on a 70 foot IMAX screen, watching a thrilling live action Batman story unfold before me that feels real enough for me to reach out and touch, getting utterly swept away in it to the point where I'm completely emotionally spent when it's all said and done.

I mean, it's completely subjective in terms of what you value more in an entertainment experience, without even getting into the specifics of what you want in a Batman interpretation.

Last edited:
I still think it's kind of a futile comparison. The Nolan trilogy can't give me hours upon wonderful hours of a fully fleshed out Batman universe that's true to many eras of the comics while having that 1940s/art deco flare that's true to the roots of the character.

BTAS can't give me one of the most immersive cinematic experiences ever on a 70 foot IMAX screen, watching a thrilling live action Batman story unfold before me that feels real enough for me to reach out and touch, getting utterly swept away in it to the point where I'm completely emotionally spent when it's all said and done.

I mean, it's completely subjective in terms of what you value more in an entertainment experience, without even getting into the specifics of what you want in a Batman interpretation.

I guess I can't argue with that

Batman is the worst character in the Nolan movies. He's a terrible detective, he's not as driven or dedicated as TAS Bats, his action sequences are clumsy (when the shaky cam even lets you see what is happening...), his moral compass is much more questionable (see: the whole spy machine nonsense), and his voice sounds like Cookie Monster.

He may not be a genius detective but terrible? You do realize that in those movies they were trying to be a little more real with their characters so no, a person can't be a master in every single style of martial arts ever created nor can he be Sherlock Holmes at the same time. At least not in the world they were trying to establish. He was a good detective just not the world's greatest.

Yeah, pretty much. I think BTAS is the perfect balance of the camp and dark of the mythos.

Yeah, pretty much. I think BTAS is the perfect balance of the camp and dark of the mythos.

It was beyond camp.

It was the best alpha human symphonic alchemy possible.

God is merciful.

Nolan is better. There was quite a few BTAS episodes I did not like, but I loved all three of the Nolan movies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"