Falcon and Winter Soldier BUCKY BARNES is the WINTER SOLDIER

I'm curious to see where the heck they go with Bucky after this. I mean sure he's got that friendship with Sam (that is actually a friendship now) and he could hook up with his sister so there's a connection if they care to go there. But more seriously, I wonder what he'll do with himself.

The question was raised by his therapist and I'm not entirely sure it was answered in the show. He did achieve some closure and heal by the end so that's great. And he did show the heroic side of himself when he went to save people in danger without a second thought. Would he join a new Avengers team? I'd wonder if he'll get a film to star in, but again...I don't know where his character is going to go from here.

I'm curious too. I hope he gets to stay in the MCU for a while, he's one of my favorite character.

in the comics, he had a romantic relationship with black widow. with yelena taking over the mantle, maybe she and him get into some sort of team up / relationship. maybe they can have a rom-com action/adventure series?

They could retire the character but I'm almost certain he'll have to be in the new Cap film. The fans would deem it necessary. Just hope the writers give legit reasons for why he's in it.

I’m pretty sure he’ll be in Cap 4 and hopefully hangs around in the MCU long after, although he’d have to continue his progression and find some of that WS spark to use in a positive way.

Love that the vibranium arm doesn't set of metal detectors.

To go off on a tangent of this a bit (I posted this in my reblog of this tumblr post, but figured I'd stick it here as well since this is a good place for random Bucky thoughts)

I had kind of wondered (just one of those offhand ‘this isn’t really important in the grand scheme of things but is sitting back in my mind’ thoughts) if any of the old housing or components from his silver hydra arm had been left and Shuri just built on top of the existing structure (I know I know, silly and ridiculous to think that Shuri would do anything half measure ). I think this kind of answered it (because surely at least some of the Hydra components aren’t as sophisticated and would set off metal detectors?). Which then makes one think, that’s potentially some major surgery that he went through/that Shuri did to replace everything that had been there with Vibranium and Wakandan tech.

I remember when Captain America: The Winter Soldier came out, some fans analyzed the bank vault scene (where he gets his mind wiped again) where even just visually you can tell they removed a lot of existing flesh/bone structure. So they were wondering at how extensive the shoulder replacement was, trying to figure how much more (even with him having the super soldier serum) would’ve had to have been done underneath the skin, that we don’t see - beyond just his ‘shoulder’, for his body to now be able to support and control everything involved with the mechanical arm. Theorizing that there has to be at least some replacement on that side of his upper ribs - potentially even going down into his mid or lower ribs as well, which might’ve also affected his sternum, changes or replacement of his clavicle and scapula on that side, not to mention all the connections or alterations to existing muscle and nerve endings to allow him enough control (and even sensation?) that, come Captain America: Civil War, he can, with confidence, test the ripeness of a plum with that hand. So like I said, (potentially) some major surgery that Shuri did to replace all of that Hydra hardware with even better tech.

8e416f962d00654f5ce9a72e3a0d3dd546cf9f4a.gif

Last edited:
I have perused Tumblr as well regarding this. In The Winter Soldier it flashes back to Bucky being dragged away by Zola after he fell from the train and you can see that he still has about 1/4 to 1/3 of his arm left. I suppose they could have attached part of an arm to that one, but it would be less efficient. So removal is their only option. And it seemed they did a bit of a hack job, given Bucky's scars that we can see. Shuri did a much better job.

I got the same feeling too from reading all of those posts that the surgery he was subjected to had to be extensive in order for the arm to work properly.

Love that the vibranium arm doesn't set of metal detectors.

To go off on a tangent of this a bit (I posted this in my reblog of this tumblr post, but figured I'd stick it here as well since this is a good place for random Bucky thoughts)

I had kind of wondered (just one of those offhand ‘this isn’t really important in the grand scheme of things but is sitting back in my mind’ thoughts) if any of the old housing or components from his silver hydra arm had been left and Shuri just built on top of the existing structure (I know I know, silly and ridiculous to think that Shuri would do anything half measure ). I think this kind of answered it (because surely at least some of the Hydra components aren’t as sophisticated and would set off metal detectors?). Which then makes one think, that’s potentially some major surgery that he went through/that Shuri did to replace everything that had been there with Vibranium and Wakandan tech.

I remember when Captain America: The Winter Soldier came out, some fans analyzed the bank vault scene (where he gets his mind wiped again) where even just visually you can tell they removed a lot of existing flesh/bone structure. So they were wondering at how extensive the shoulder replacement was, trying to figure how much more (even with him having the super soldier serum) would’ve had to have been done underneath the skin, that we don’t see - beyond just his ‘shoulder’, for his body to now be able to support and control everything involved with the mechanical arm. Theorizing that there has to be at least some replacement on that side of his upper ribs - potentially even going down into his mid or lower ribs as well, which might’ve also affected his sternum, changes or replacement of his clavicle and scapula on that side, not to mention all the connections or alterations to existing muscle and nerve endings to allow him enough control (and even sensation?) that, come Captain America: Civil War, he can, with confidence, test the ripeness of a plum with that hand. So like I said, (potentially) some major surgery that Shuri did to replace all of that Hydra hardware with even better tech.

8e416f962d00654f5ce9a72e3a0d3dd546cf9f4a.gif

Being fair, you'd kind of *want* to do that. Who knows what tracking devices or hidden trojan horse contingencies might be in that arm. Note that, in the course of the movies, there was never a point where Hydra would want to trigger any such, since Bucky didn't "rebel" until the last few minutes by which time Hydra was effectively defunct ( and the people who might know any command codes dead or fleeing for their lives ).

Best to just yank the whole thing and start from scratch, at least if you have the tech base to do so without inordinate difficulty. And Wakanda definitely qualifies.

Being fair, you'd kind of *want* to do that. Who knows what tracking devices or hidden trojan horse contingencies might be in that arm. Note that, in the course of the movies, there was never a point where Hydra would want to trigger any such, since Bucky didn't "rebel" until the last few minutes by which time Hydra was effectively defunct ( and the people who might know any command codes dead or fleeing for their lives ).

Best to just yank the whole thing and start from scratch, at least if you have the tech base to do so without inordinate difficulty. And Wakanda definitely qualifies.
Indeed

in the comics, he had a romantic relationship with black widow. with yelena taking over the mantle, maybe she and him get into some sort of team up / relationship. maybe they can have a rom-com action/adventure series?
I would love that.

And just like that the (to use a pro wrestling term) complete face turn of James Barnes is completed.

I have been thinking about this when I re-watched Captain America: The Winter Soldier again.....

That movie is PG-13 despite all the killing Bucky did under brainwash. Would the way Bucky killed all of those people in that movie be a way to bring the Punisher into the main MCU without tarnishing his character?

I love that this series has given some of these amazing fan-editors so much more material to work with, especially when merging the footage into what we already had from the films. I'm really really liking this one, love the music, great editing on the transitions

Last edited:
Bucky doesn't need yet another moniker.... I'd rather see him embrace the White Wolf nickname/code name that Wakanda gave him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"