Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel the Vampire - Part 3

I felt the same about Angel at first but he becomes much more interesting as the show progresses. And if he doesn't do it for you, his supporting characters more than make up for it. How can you not love Gunn, Fred, Cordelia and Wesley?

Well, if you've got a group of Buffy fans who aren't into the idea of an Angel solo show, I don't think you'll win many of them over by telling them Cordelia and Wesley will be there too. You've got to get deep into the spinoff to really appreciate those two.

I know Joss said that if Angel got cancelled after the first season, they planned on bringing back Angel, I wonder if they would've brought back Cordelia aswell. They filled her role with Anya/Spike.

Well, if you've got a group of Buffy fans who aren't into the idea of an Angel solo show, I don't think you'll win many of them over by telling them Cordelia and Wesley will be there too. You've got to get deep into the spinoff to really appreciate those two.

But you'd think they'd give Whedon and co. more credit than that and to trust them. I was a little skeptical of Angel myself at first, but I ended up loving it. It's the same world, the same type of writing, pushing it even further at times. It's the same DNA but still great on its own terms. I just don't understand how people who love Buffy would disassociate from it.

Last edited:
But you'd think they'd give Whedon and co. more credit than that and to trust them. I was a little skeptical of Angel myself at first, but I ended up loving it. It's the same world, the same type of writing, pushing it even further at times. It's the same DNA. I just don't understand how people who love Buffy would disassociate from it.

Basically, some people stopped caring about him once he became disassociated from Buffy. Hence why they never bothered watching his show.

Its weird. There are people who have watched Buffy but never Angel. People who watched Angel but haven't seen a single episode of Buffy. People who have watched Firefly but refuse to watch Buffy. People like what they like and judge a book by its cover and assume they won't like something else. Truth be told, all of the Joss shows have the same basic DNA. I own every Whedon season on DVD o Blu Ray, even Dollhouse and AOS.

One of my favourite parts of angel season five was the suburban hell dimension.

10 years later and i am still upset about Angel getting cancelled :down

^ same here. Its why I still have hope for more Buffyverse somewhere down the line.

I'm actually okay with it. Sad when it happened, but it was a good finale. And it gave me the After the Fall comic, which would never have worked on a TV budget. And After the Fall gave me the Last Angel in Hell annual. Which is by far the greatest Buffy/Angel creation ever made.

tumblr_npg7p4T6xg1tfqhk2o1_500.png

Nice that they did a con together.

But you'd think they'd give Whedon and co. more credit than that and to trust them. I was a little skeptical of Angel myself at first, but I ended up loving it. It's the same world, the same type of writing, pushing it even further at times. It's the same DNA but still great on its own terms. I just don't understand how people who love Buffy would disassociate from it.

I didn't. I watched Angel's first season until the series finale.

I keep forgetting that Willow and Welsey are married in real life.

I had a dream about the 5th season finale of Buffy months ago and I decided to see if Netflix Canada had the series.

It did. So I watched the finale.

And then Season 6 and 7. And then 1-3. I'm now on 4.

Angel breaking up with Buffy still makes me cry.

What kind of twilight universe did you just link me to?!?

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read any of that.

That's a damn shame. A g**damn shame. And I love Rows.

:down

I'm gonna pretend I didn't read any of that.
You and me both Doctor. My opinion on Whedon has changed over the years, but my love for the Buffyverse is still going strong. I randomly watched a bunch of Buffy and Angel this weekend on Netflix. I forgot just how much I liked them or just how good they really are.

Even if you don't like the writing, how can you not love the characters? Everyone, Xander and Gunn aside, is so damn likeable.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"