Bungie confirms new IP in the works, Halo DLC and more Halo projects.

WhatsHisFace

Avenger
Reaction score
http://www.developmag.com/interviews/95/Single-Player

In an interview with develop magazine, Bungie studio manager Harold Ryan talks more in depth about the Microsoft / Bungie split and confirms that they are working various new projects including a brand new IP.

Ryan told develop magazine that the studio is working on numerous projects at once (seeing that their team has over 100 employees) including Halo 3 downloadable content, other Halo projects (MMO?) and a new IP in the prototype stage. "We kept that [new IP] prototype running throughout the development of Halo 3 and now we have a creative team which feels like they own that". What could the mysterious new IP be and how will it fit in with their Halo and Microsoft Game Studios agendas? Only years of time will tell, but our confidence in Bungie has never been higher. Full interview can be read after the jump.

It's a good read.

Project Phoenix?

And what is an IP? I thought it was an internet thing, but that sounds like their IP isn't....

Project Phoenix?

And what is an IP? I thought it was an internet thing, but that sounds like their IP isn't....

Project Phoenix is a project Bungie has been "working on" since Halo. It was never under serious development, but they had some working prototypes. It was described only as a "Castle Siege" action game, which sounds like a medieval action-adventure to me.

Of course, it could be anything. The guys at Bungie must have a lot of interesting ideas, so Phoenix could have been conceptually surpassed by other, better ideas.

As for "IP" it stands for Intellectual Property" but in terms of the internet, it's "Internet Protocol".

Project Phoenix is a project Bungie has been "working on" since Halo. It was never under serious development, but they had some working prototypes. It was described only as a "Castle Siege" action game, which sounds like a medieval action-adventure to me.

Of course, it could be anything. The guys at Bungie must have a lot of interesting ideas, so Phoenix could have been conceptually surpassed by other, better ideas.

As for "IP" it stands for Intellectual Property" but in terms of the internet, it's "Internet Protocol".
Id like to see what they have in plan..

Holla! Here be yo reziceipt dawg. Now break yo'self and bust me off sum o'dat product!

Now that I am thoroughly disgusted... I'll say I want Bungie's new project to be a third person action adventure game.

You haven't had enough Halo after three games? I'm glad the games were made, but frankly, I want something new more than I want another Halo.

It doesn't have to be an FPS, but I like the Haloverse.

Well there's still HaloWars and the Peter Jackson project. I think those will last the Xbox360 through the end of it's lifecycle. After that, Bungie might do a Halo project for the Xbox 3 but I really think they should broaden their horizons and get the new IPs churning.

It's good to see that Bungie is now able to work on more things than just Halo.

Hopefully when they're going to other publishers, they don't just say "We want you guys to make an FPS for us". :D

They'd be so ruined. :D

I agree as much as I would love to see another halo game I think that if they started a new IP it would actually be better in the long run for a new halo game down the road

I agree as much as I would love to see another halo game I think that if they started a new IP it would actually be better in the long run for a new halo game down the road

Agreed. While they're not working on Halo games, they will get new ideas for Halo, and since they're not desperate for new ideas, they can sift out the ones that are great from the ones that are merely okay. That way, if they ever do another Halo, they will have a selection of great new ideas to implement.

Agreed. While they're not working on Halo games, they will get new ideas for Halo, and since they're not desperate for new ideas, they can sift out the ones that are great from the ones that are merely okay. That way, if they ever do another Halo, they will have a selection of great new ideas to implement.

couldn't have put it better myself some people were complaining that there wasn't anything new with halo and that won't be the case if they start something new then come back to halo later and who knows we might be getting a new kick ass IP too!

I really hope this new IP calls for deeper gameplay than a straightforward shooter. I'd like something akin to Deus Ex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"