Bush signs 70billion tax cut into law

Admiral_N8 said:
I am just trying to show that when people who say things like:
""is any of this getting through your bleached skull"
"like you know anything about chicks, aside from looking like one"
"you need to get out more"
"maybe you're just trying to compensate for a lack of personality, sense of humor or class"
"unfortunately, you're most likely just attempting to make up for your lack of class or personality"
" they're both worthless little rich boys who get whatever they want and don't give a s#!t about anyone else and don't contribute anything positive towards society"
"you're just a sponge with no character"

"n8, you're a waste of flesh"

and then crticize people on how to act how silly it is.

Someone who says things like you, do you really think people care when you tell them how to act??

Even you have to admit you act like a little child much of the time, saying absurd things like that. I mean, you obviously have a lot of spite/anger issues judging by your posts towards me.

they seem absurd to you because you refuse to believe them. i stand by my remarks towards you. from everything i've learned about you on these boards you're just another spoiled rich republican kid who relies on his family's money rather than making it on his own and then you arrogantly claim that other's on these boards who have a more left-leaning ideology and have actually made it in the real world are "silly" because they don't buy into the same crap you do. (how's that for a run-on sentence? :) ) anywho, i've made my point here. i'm gonna go take care of a few things, or as you put it "run away".

sinewave said:
they seem absurd to you because you refuse to believe them. i stand by my remarks towards you. from everything i've learned about you on these boards you're just another spoiled rich republican kid who relies on his family's money rather than making it on his own and then you arrogantly claim that other's on these boards who have a more left-leaning ideology and have actually made it in the real world are "silly" because they don't buy into the same crap you do. (how's that for a run-on sentence? :) ) anywho, i've made my point here. i'm gonna go take care of a few things, or as you put it "run away".

If you have to take care of things thats fine, I wont say you are just "running away" like you said I did when I had to go golf. :up:

And I like how people who are republicans are "just buying into crap". Very objective and respectful opinions.

If you stand by things like "n8 youre a waste of flesh" then that shows what kind of immature hate-filled person you are...but as you said you are fine with being that kind of person so good for you

But hey, I do enjoy these little spats, as I am sure you do too...because we both continue it. :) :up:

photojones2 said:
i work for a lobbysit group, and we worked on this campaign, trying to lobby against it. no such luck.

Thank you for doing your part.

Admiral_N8 said:
If you have to take care of things thats fine, I wont say you are just "running away" like you said I did when I had to go golf. :up:

And I like how people who are republicans are "just buying into crap". Very objective and respectful opinions.

If you stand by things like "n8 youre a waste of flesh" then that shows what kind of immature hate-filled person you are...but as you said you are fine with being that kind of person so good for you

But hey, I do enjoy these little spats, as I am sure you do too...because we both continue it. :) :up:

I personally believe that everybody has their won reasons for voting the way they do, and they not all of their opinions are just buying into crap. I also think that about 80% of democrat voters and 80% of republican voters mostly do just buy into crap on most issues to defend the candidate whom they really only support because of a couple issues or an overall idealogy.

Spider-Bite said:
I personally believe that everybody has their won reasons for voting the way they do, and they not all of their opinions are just buying into crap. I also think that about 40% of democrat voters and 40% of republican voters mostly do just buy into crap on most issues to defend the candidate whom they really only support because of a couple issues or an overall idealogy.

Thats probably true, but those 40% of each party probably just dont care enough to pay attention to the world.

80% of the entire country is what I meant, but that's really the same thing as 80% of both parties, since the country is about evenly split up.

I personally take the left side of the vast majority of issues, but when I see debates, and I listen to the arguments that both sides make, even my fellow Liberals it sounds like they haven't really thought about it in depth, and they are just defending the position because that's what other liberals do. But I think even most people who pay attention to what's going on in the world still do this.

No disrespect to Republicans but I feel that is what they are doing every time they defend republican economic policies. I know most like low taxes, but the ones who actually pay attention and defend them anyways are buying into crap, in my opinion.
I think the underlying reason conservatives are conservatives are they want America to look and feel and behave the way it does today or the way it use to, aside from technological changes. I don't think they want America's way of life to change, and that is why they are conservatives.

Imagine 30 years ago.
" A good healthy white boy corrupted and turned ***"
"Blacks and white's marrying? now that ain't right! In my day whites married whites and blacks married blacks"
"Why does segregation have to end? they got their space, and we got ours. It's good just the way it is, but tree huggers, got to muck everything up. We don't want them in our neighborhoods, in our schools teaching our kids."
"Atheists? That's wrong with kids these days. They got no faith. Back in my day, we believed."

Spider-Bite said:
80% of the entire country is what I meant, but that's really the same thing as 80% of both parties, since the country is about evenly split up.

I personally take the left side of the vast majority of issues, but when I see debates, and I listen to the arguments that both sides make, even my fellow Liberals it sounds like they haven't really thought about it in depth, and they are just defending the position because that's what other liberals do. But I think even most people who pay attention to what's going on in the world still do this.

No disrespect to Republicans but I feel that is what they are doing every time they defend republican economic policies. I know most like low taxes, but the ones who actually pay attention and defend them anyways are buying into crap, in my opinion.
I think the underlying reason conservatives are conservatives are they want America to look and feel and behave the way it does today or the way it use to, aside from technological changes. I don't think they want America's way of life to change, and that is why they are conservatives.

Imagine 30 years ago.
" A good healthy white boy corrupted and turned ***"
"Blacks and white's marrying? now that ain't right! In my day whites married whites and blacks married blacks"
"Why does segregation have to end? they got their space, and we got ours. It's good just the way it is, but tree huggers, got to muck everything up. We don't want them in our neighborhoods, in our schools teaching our kids."
"Atheists? That's wrong with kids these days. They got no faith. Back in my day, we believed."

With all due respect you are saying conservative are wrong by using those examples? Thats pretty absurd.

You really shouldnt make so many generalizations as if you know all these people

I'm saying that mindset is the reason they are conservatives. A perfect example is ID. less than 5 percent of America's population is atheist, but over 15% of Americans under the age of 35 are atheists. It's a generational change. Atheists raise atheists. Most people of faith raise people of faith, but 1 out of so many become convinced by the evidence. It's very rare for somebody who grew up believing in evolution to suddenly believe in God, because there is not enough evidence to make them believe that everything they ever believed for their whole life was wrong.

It's a realistic generlization, and polls support it. Look at the gay marriage ammendmant. They want to keep a tradition the way it was. Stop it from chaning to be inclusive instead of exclusive like it is. The vast majority of conservatives support changing the consitution. The vast majority of Liberals do not.

Spider-Bite said:
I'm saying that mindset is the reason they are conservatives. A perfect example is ID. less than 5 percent of America's population is atheist, but over 15% of Americans under the age of 35 are atheists. It's a generational change. Atheists raise atheists. Most people of faith raise people of faith, but 1 out of so many become convinced by the evidence. It's very rare for somebody who grew up believing in evolution to suddenly believe in God, because there is not enough evidence to make them believe that everything they ever believed for their whole life was wrong.

It's a realistic generlization, and polls support it. Look at the gay marriage ammendmant. They want to keep a tradition the way it was. Stop it from chaning to be inclusive instead of exclusive like it is. The vast majority of conservatives support changing the consitution. The vast majority of Liberals do not.

ACtually the vast majority dont support changing the US constitution, look how fast that conservative support for that floundered almost immediately.[ when bush wanted a constitutional amendment]

Its also rare for people who believe in God their entire life to just all of a sudden not believe in God and they thought was true forever.

And again, you are suggesting conservatives are the ones who all dont want change, dont like gays, are the only religious people [when just as many liberals are religious], and were racist. And thats silly.

Going by your logic, liberals just want anything to change no matter what because they simply like change.

hippie_hunter said:
The trickle-down theory, despite not always working, does have a very good point. If the rich have more money avaliable to them, there is more of a chance of them investing it into the the economy by adding in production facilities, adding jobs, donating it, etc.

Assuming that our economy is the best one for them to reinvest in, which it isn't.

Sandman138 said:
Assuming that our economy is the best one for them to reinvest in, which it isn't.

Umm yes it is, the US is growing and on the rebound, the BEST time to make money. Plus, with a weak dollar makes investing over somewhere else a much worse decision.

Just out of curiosity does anyone here actually know anything about economics?

Admiral_N8 said:
Umm yes it is, the US is growing and on the rebound, the BEST time to make money. Plus, with a weak dollar makes investing over somewhere else a much worse decision.

Not if you have to pay your workers that weak dollar and sell products under a stronger one.

Admiral_N8 said:

But why give jobs to people demanding fair wages, benefits, etc when you can just send it to one of our numerous third world, free trade agreement countries and pay next to dirt for labor?

Reaganomics do not work. The money goes into the wealthy's pocket, not into the economy.

Besides, that is not the debate. Cutting 70 billion dollars in taxes while spending so much is foolish no matter what side of the isle you are on.

Hell, don't even look at it through such complicated terms...look at it as a regular problem. If my checking account is in the negative, I am certainly not going to run out and purchase a Porsche, am I? The same logic applies here.

Matt said:
But why give jobs to people demanding fair wages, benefits, etc when you can just send it to one of our numerous third world, free trade agreement countries and pay next to dirt for labor?

Reaganomics do not work. The money goes into the wealthy's pocket, not into the economy.

Besides, that is not the debate. Cutting 70 billion dollars in taxes while spending so much is foolish no matter what side of the isle you are on.
Yeah. THat has been my issue all along. They cut taxes and increase spending. I feel like I am going ****ing crazy. Most Republicans have nothing to say to this when you point it out in person. But, really what is there to say? How do your respond to that?

Stewie Griffin said:
Yeah. THat has been my issue all along. They cut taxes and increase spending. I feel like I am going ****ing crazy. Most Republicans have nothing to say to this when you point it out in person. But, really what is there to say? How do your respond to that?

I imagine it would be something like this...

Admiral NH said:
Well, well...in the Bizarro world this is brilliant! Ha! Bush is the best president ever!

no it does not this money just goes to make the rich richer as they cut back jobs and say they are loosing money

BAH HUMBBUG! said:
Just out of curiosity does anyone here actually know anything about economics?
Dude, everyone here is an expert in everything...did you not get the memo?

Stewie Griffin said:
Dude, everyone here is an expert in everything...did you not get the memo?

Such is the Hype, we are masters in everything from economics to Admiral's lack of manliness.

Matt said:
Such is the Hype, we are masters in everything from economics to Admiral's lack of manliness.

shut up, dude! you're gonna make him posts more pictures of himself with his dad's car! :mad:

Matt said:

Hell, don't even look at it through such complicated terms...look at it as a regular problem. If my checking account is in the negative, I am certainly not going to run out and purchase a Porsche, am I? The same logic applies here.

I think the huge growth of the 80s and now would disagree with you on your first part.

2nd part, your personal checking account and the way the governments checkbook works is sooo different its funny how you think they are that similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"