Bush's Economy-Boost Plan=Free $$!!!

btw, wtf happens to all that goddam drug money the govt. confiscates anyway!?

^that's what I'm sayin . . . put that shyt towards the deficit . . . wtf are we paying taxes and the 'war on drugs' for :down

man . . . we're just getting ripped off . . .

Wow Bush and his administration will go down in money spending history when they leave, and not the good history either....the last administration leaves with a surplus, Bush's administration will leave with a deficit twice that....BRILLANT.

Let's say I get $800 in the mail. I go out and spend that on video games and lowering my car. Someone explain to me how this will, in the long run, help the economy.

I'm not being a sarcastic *****e, either. Someone give me a best case scenario on how that would help. Because if I do get $800 in the mail, I'm lowering my F'ing Yaris.

lowering a yaris? aren't those things like an inch off the ground to begin with?

I'll never see this money, so I don't really care.

I'd must reather the Government start a plan to help out the people working, paying their taxes, but can't afford homes, yet don't have children.

I don't have kids, I work my ass off all year for barely 28 grand a year, I pay my taxes, and I obey the law, and I'm black, so I'm not a statistic at the moment.

Can I please get at least 300 bucks when I file, instead of paying 1500 bucks back every god damn year?! :cmad:

i don't care what happens in the long run... i want $800, now.

:)

Congress will never approve it as there isn't enough money to do it. And that is what Bush wants. He is trying to paint the Democrats as bad guys for the upcoming election season. Here is Bush, trying to hand out 800 bucks to the common man, but those elitist Democrats in Congress say no. The sad part is, because it is an election year, the Democrats may just be stupid enough to call his bluff and then our government would start handing out money we don't have. Both parties suck :csad:

Yahoo! News said:
AP
Bush Pushes $150B Economic Aid Package
Saturday January 19, 12:06 pm ET
By Jennifer Loven, Associated Press Writer Bush Promotes Economic Package Worth Up to $150 Billion, but May Clash With Democrats
WASHINGTON (AP) -- President Bush said Saturday "the kind of spending projects that would have little immediate impact on our economy" should not be part of any stimulus package, setting the stage for a possible clash with Democrats.
[SIZE=-2]ADVERTISEMENT[/SIZE]
B2625737.3;abr=!ie4;abr=!ie5;sz=300x250;ord=1200764418066472
if(window.yzq_d==null)window.yzq_d=new Object();window.yzq_d['U.02tdj8Ymw-']='&U=13bim49eh%2fN%3dU.02tdj8Ymw-%2fC%3d626899.11742544.12469774.1383221%2fD%3dLREC%2fB%3d5133107';
b
Bush and the Democratic-controlled Congress are emphasizing their desire to work together as they rush negotiations on a short-term measure to prevent the economy from falling into recession. But while there is broad agreement that one-time tax rebates for consumers will be part of the package, there are different priorities at work for the rest of the measure.

Bush wants to devote a portion to incentives for businesses to invest. Democrats want to add spending for food stamps, unemployment benefits and infrastructure projects.

"This growth package must be built on broad-based tax relief that will directly affect economic growth -- not the kind of spending projects that would have little immediate impact on our economy," the president said in his weekly radio address. "This growth package must be temporary and take effect right away."

Rep. Barney Frank, D-Mass., speaking for the Democrats in their own radio address, said any stimulus package needs to help Americans hardest hit by the weakened economy. He said Democrats want to work with the president and congressional Republicans on a plan that includes tax rebates for most Americans, as well as one-time increases in some programs.

"Economists agree that middle- and working-class people are likely to spend that money in a way that will effectively stimulate the economy and create jobs," Frank said.

"We must cooperate to enact immediately aggressive measures that respond to the economic downturn, while we simultaneously continue a healthy debate about the role of government in a modern economy," Frank said.

On Friday, Bush said any plan, to be effective, would need to represent roughly 1 percent of the gross domestic product, or about $140 billion to $150 billion.

Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson said the biggest chunk of the economic package the administration is considering would be targeted to individual taxpayers, though he would not talk about how big these checks might be. A Republican official, speaking on condition of anonymity because the package is not finalized, said the president was hoping to target about $100 billion toward individuals and about $50 billion toward businesses.
Paulson said Bush doesn't support cash for people who don't make enough to pay federal income taxes. The administration also does not back non-tax related ideas, favoring simplicity to ensure a package could be passed and implemented quickly, Paulson said.

"We're not looking to decorate a Christmas tree," he said.

Some Democrats were disappointed.

Sen. Edward M. Kennedy, D-Mass., said he agrees with Bush that a plan must be approved quickly, but he said it must help working families.
"The people who are struggling every day to pay their bills, heat their homes, and pay their mortgages need our help now," Kennedy said. "We must act quickly to provide immediate help for those in crisis."

While I would usually agree with you Matt, it seems that BOTH sides of the aisle want to get this done.

Of course the rifts are where the money goes in full. Bush wants a slice for business which is sensible and wants to keep it out of the hands of those who don't pay taxes.

Congress seems to want to feed more of it into those already in a slump i.e. foodstamp, unemployment, ect. Which I think is also admirable.

But overrall, there doesn't seem to be a major tone of dissent in the argument, just a few squabbles on the direction. What they do ALL agree on is getting it out there and quick.

Fuack you. Pay me.

henry9.jpg

:woot:

I found this. It shows that the Rich are actually paying more and more percentage of taxes every year.

1_percent_taxpayer_chart.jpg

From the Neal Boortz News section:

First .. here's a chart you can refer to for verification. This chart was prepared by the Congressional Budget Office. There are two lines on this graph, one for the bottom 80% of taxpayers, the other for the top 1% of taxpayers. The trend there is so obvious that even Democrat voters should be able to see what is going on. The share of federal taxes paid by the evil rich is constantly going up, while the share paid by the bottom 80% is on a steady downward trend. Bear in mind that this chart shows a percentage of ALL federal taxes, not just income taxes.
Now ... some bullet points for you to consider:
  • The richest 1% of households in the U.S. are now paying a record 27.6% of all federal taxes and a record of 38.8% of all federal income taxes.
  • The richest 1% of households only earn about 17% of all income.
  • The top 1.1 million households (the evil rich) pay a greater share of the income tax burden than the bottom 90 million households combined.
  • The chart and the report from the CBO shows that the nation's tax burden has been shifting away from typical Americans to the wealthiest households since the early 1980s.
its just something to think about.

CK1

Alright, well according to Nancy Pelosi, Reid, and Bush, they plan to have this all done and hammered out in 3 weeks. Which as they've said repeatedly, is pretty much 10x faster than most legislation. Also unusual is the overral feeling of cooperation between the White House and Congress with only a few minor squabbles as to the direction some of the funds are headed.

Of course the Democratic Congress wants a slice to go to those on unemployment and foodstamps, and allow people who didn't pay Federal taxes to still get the $800 because of the Social Security tax that everyone pays out of their wages.

The White House wants to give the money only to those who paid Federal taxes and $50 billion to go to small business.

Even with all this, the tenative deadline is 3 weeks and it'll take around 2-3 months for it to actually hit taxpayers.

Heh, I'm all for stimulating our economoy.

seriously, nobody cares about this? If this happens, it basically translates into about $800.00 for single people, and $1600.00 for adults . . . of course, I'm not holding my breath until I see a goddam check in my hands, but this is the first cool thing Bush has done in his 8 shytty years as "president" :o

Because single people are not adults and can't be trusted with that much money. :oldrazz:

:D

jag

so, one day im gonna wake up and theres gonna be an $800 check in my mailbox?

This won't do a damn thing to fix the economy, sorry.

jag

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"