BvS BvS Rottentomatoes score - how important will it be, and what do you hope for? - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad part is:

Now a lot of people will go see the movie expecting not to like it. And even a lot of those who would have liked it will turn against it and just accept that it is a bad movie because critics said so. All those flaws that nobody was mentioning before will now become very clear for everybody.

Ok, I've calmed down

But still, I'm mad that these critics hate the movie. I just wanted one DC movie where the consensus was positive.

Still not sure what to make out of it.

The sad part is:

Now a lot of people will go see the movie expecting not to like it. And even a lot of those who would have liked it would turn against it and just accept that it is a bad movie because critics said so. All those flaws that nobody was mentioning before will now become very clear for everybody.

And some people won't go see it at all. That's the problem with trollish critics who are essentially faulting the film for not being a Marvel film or for being directed by Zack Snyder. They'll influence people to not go see it in an attempt to hurt the film.

Does anyone know what constitutes as a "rotten" review? Because EW gave it a C+ which is roughly a high 70, yet it's considered rotten.

The sad part is:

Now a lot of people will go see the movie expecting not to like it. And even a lot of those who would have liked it will turn against it and just accept that it is a bad movie because critics said so. All those flaws that nobody was mentioning before will now become very clear for everybody.

Hey maybe going in with low standards will help them enjoy the movie more :shrug:

Many of these reviews are just terrible. And I don't mean they paint the film as terrible, I mean as in shallow, poorly written reviews; it's obvious many of these critics don't like superheroes, don't like the idea of Batman being at odds with Superman, etc. The complaints range from vague stuff about how no one has any character to complaints about no humor, etc. The fix is in folks, and a lot of critics want their Marvel formula and nothing else. Whatever.

Seriously though, none of these reviews give me a specific pause about this film.

I think the problem here is Snyder. That is all.

We, DC fans, should open our own aggregator and post there only good stuff. There's clearly a conspiracy against us and Snyder.

Oh man... the Man of Steel reception debates aren't finished... they're only beginning...

Ok, I've calmed down

But still, I'm mad that these critics hate the movie. I just wanted one DC movie where the consensus was positive.

It's not going to happen with Snyder in charge. The critics hate him.... the word of mouth doesn't look like it'll be good, either.

Does anyone know what constitutes as a "rotten" review? Because EW gave it a C+ which is roughly a high 70, yet it's considered rotten.
The reviewers get to decide if their review is rotten or fresh.

a lot of these rottens were probably holding in all the hate in the mist of the positive buzz.. they had there chance to unleash.. I expect more positives to come in soon, but ill stand by my rating 8/10..

I guess with RT, EW told them its still rotten despite the C+ rating. Because that makes total sense you know.

i'm disappointed even though i expected this.

Ok, I've calmed down

We've had three in 2005, 2008 and 2012.

Many of these reviews are just terrible. And I don't mean they paint the film as terrible, I mean as in shallow, poorly written reviews; it's obvious many of these critics don't like superheroes, don't like the idea of Batman being at odds with Superman, etc. The complaints range from vague stuff about how no one has any character to complaints about no humor, etc. The fix is in folks, and a lot of critics want their Marvel formula and nothing else. Whatever.

Seriously though, none of these reviews give me a specific pause about this film.

Conspiracy theories. :yuk:

And some people won't go see it at all. That's the problem with trollish critics who are essentially faulting the film for not being a Marvel film or for being directed by Zack Snyder. They'll influence people to not go see it in an attempt to hurt the film.

Or it's just very average, bordering on crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"