BvS BvS Rottentomatoes score - how important will it be, and what do you hope for? - Part 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering I paid $10 for a ticket, I'd rather see Batman have some fun with henchmen than going through the backdoor snoozfest.

It's the digital media syndrome, negativity has a perverse and satisfying hold on people and they aren't happy expressing it once, the dead horse that is BvS will only stop being beaten when JL's release is a few months away.

Until then the hate mongers and the fanboys alike will be going back and forth perpetually.

Yeah....it's like people will spend all of their time complaining about what the people who don't agree with their opinion about the movie say instead of talking about the movie itself. People could be spending time talking about what they liked and what they want in future movies...but instead they just go on and on and on about what the people with different opinions say...like beating a dead horse that is dead that is being beat. Yep...beating that dead horse until it is no loner alive by complaining about what other people think and what their opinion is instead of rejoycing in what you felt was right with the movie that you liked........

Stop spewing this nonsense.

I agree. I have a **** ton of problems with BvS but it has some joyous moments. What are the joyous moments in Transformers 3? I was bored for the entire movie.

Transformers 3 has a higher critical rating in spite of coming from an even more hated director and a less famous cast. Transformers 3 also has a higher box office than BvS will close with, in spite of the latter having a more famous brand and an additional five years of inflation and growing markets. In terms of word of mouth, Transformers 3 had a ~52% second weekend drop, BvS will almost certainly do worse.

Since T3 dominates by the independents metrics, the burden of proof is on those saying that BvS is better.

So now people aren't allowed to state their opinion unless it lines up with yours?

This place is littered with people stating their opinions that don't line up with others. Lets not get so offended that it can work both ways as well lol. Every single comment is justified thus far by how forums work.

Considering I paid $10 for a ticket, I'd rather see Batman have some fun with henchmen than going through the backdoor snoozfest.

Detective work need not be a backdoor snoozefest if done by a competent director. If Batman tries to sneak in unnoticed that is a good formula for high tension.

Detective work need not be a backdoor snoozefest if done by a competent director. If Batman tries to sneak in unnoticed that is a good formula for high tension.

It's also boring as hell. People want to see Batman beat the hell out of gangsters and thugs. People want to see Batman in action as he is in the comics. I never realized how badass Batman could look on screen taking out a warehouse full of goons until this movie. All the other times we've seen Batman fight in the movies, it ranged from cool (Batman 89, Batman Begins) to meh (The Dark Knight Rises). We got Batman ripped straight from the comics in that one scene.

It's also boring as hell. People want to see Batman beat the hell out of gangsters and thugs. People want to see Batman in action as he is in the comics. I never realized how badass Batman could look on screen taking out a warehouse full of goons until this movie. All the other times we've seen Batman fight in the movies, it ranged from cool (Batman 89, Batman Begins) to meh (The Dark Knight Rises). We got Batman ripped straight from the comics in that one scene.
No doubt about it. It's the best Batman has fought in live action.

Transformers 3 has a higher critical rating in spite of coming from an even more hated director and a less famous cast. Transformers 3 also has a higher box office than BvS will close with, in spite of the latter having a more famous brand and an additional five years of inflation and growing markets. In terms of word of mouth, Transformers 3 had a ~52% second weekend drop, BvS will almost certainly do worse.

Since T3 dominates by the independents metrics, the burden of proof is on those saying that BvS is better.
No matter the majority opinion, the burden of proof should be on the group making the less rational statement. Can you honestly look me in the eye and say Transformers 3 had better acting and cinematography than BvS?

The difference is everyone expects Transformers to be crap, so the reviews weren't so hateful. But with BvS, people who didn't get what they wanted were set off to burn it at the stake.

That's what you and up to ~28% of critics want to see. In general, there is far more appetite for a good story and good character work than a nonsensical action scene at the expense of a good story and a good character.

Batman may look like a badass taking out 10 guys in 30 seconds, but the fact is 1 man can almost never beat so easily 10 if the 10 are professionals, and even if he can he'll be reluctant to do so as it's too great a risk.

No doubt about it. It's the best Batman has fought in live action.

Never saw your reaction to the film AneeFan! Curious what you thought.

That's what you and up to ~28% of critics want to see. In general, there is far more appetite for a good story and good character work than a nonsensical action scene at the expense of a good story and a good character.

Batman may look like a badass taking out 10 guys in 30 seconds, but the fact is 1 man can almost never beat so easily 10 if the 10 are professionals, and even if he can he'll be reluctant to do so as it's too great a risk.

Valid points.

I'd like to have both scenarios. Maybe that's why we need a Batfleck solo film with Ben directing.

I agree. I have a **** ton of problems with BvS but it has some joyous moments. What are the joyous moments in Transformers 3? I was bored for the entire movie.

Listen up and listen good.....if someone came in and said your OPINION about this movie was nonsense you would be up in arms and calling for their head...SO I DO NOT WANT TO SEE EITHER OF YOU TELLING SOMEONE THEIR OPINION IS NONSENSE. IT'S A FRIGGING OPINION.

I think people cared more about seeing those Arkham video game fight scenes than Snyder getting Batman as a character. But that's just me.

Never saw your reaction to the film AneeFan! Curious what you thought.
Check my post history from the past few days. I enjoyed and appreciated the movie.

No matter the majority opinion, the burden of proof should be on the group making the less rational statement.
Yes, and since you're going up against independent metrics, the burden of proof is on you. It is possible that you're right and most others are wrong, but you need to be convincing about it.

Can you honestly look me in the eye and say Transformers 3 had better acting and cinematography than BvS?
Man of Steel and Dark of the Moon both had their cinematography done by Amir Mokri, and they both look really nice, both better than BvS.

The acting is mostly better in BvS, particularly Affleck and Irons.

The Transformers comparisons are only due to the low RT score and high box office. I wouldn't ever compare the films outside of those areas. Although I'm not quite as confident in the massive box office for this movie, Snyder definitely skipped leg day.

There's no reason there can't be both. There's a simple solution to the issue which any director worth his salt should have seen.

Put Martha in an interior room so Batman HAS to go through the thugs to get to her

It really is that simple and its the directors job to sit and think about it to make sure these small details (which make the movie) are present.

Unfortunately we have a director who doesn't think about anything except how "awesome" it is.

To paraphrase Ian Malcom, he's so preoccupied with whether or not he could do something that he never stops to think if he should.

Yes, and since you're going up against independent metrics, the burden of proof is on you. It is possible that you're right and most others are wrong, but you need to be convincing about it.

When I get the time, and maybe after I see it again, I intend to write a full review.

Man of Steel and Dark of the Moon both had their cinematography done by Amir Mokri, and they both look really nice, both better than BvS.

The acting is mostly better in BvS, particularly Affleck and Irons.
personally, I don't remember anything beyond the basic plot points from Dark of the Moon. BvS though had some amazing sequences (The Waynes' Murder in particular) that I know I'll be admiring for some time.

And to address the complaints about the Batman fight, (Are we really to the point of attacking the most praised part of the movie?) how was Batman to know where Martha was in the building?

By about a million miles. The Nolan Batman fights now look horrible and clunky in comparison.

I love Nolan's films, but that fight at the end of TDKR has always been laughably bad.

There's no argument from me that this was the best depicted fighting scenes of Batman in a movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"