BvS villain poll

Discussion in 'Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice' started by Rorschach2012, Oct 28, 2013.

?

BvS villains

1. Lex Luthor

2. Joker

3. Metallo

4. Bizarro

5. Ra's Al Ghul

6. Talia Al Ghul

7. Brainiac

8. Doomsday

9. Riddler

10. Darkseid

11. Hugo Strange

12. Parasite

13. Deathstroke

14. Deadshot

15. Mongul

16. Amanda Waller

17. Vandal Savage

18. Max Lord/OMACs

19. Poison Ivy

20. Lady Shiva

21. Clayface

22. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Rorschach2012

Rorschach2012 I'll Cancel the Pizzas

Another movie with Lex as the sole villain sounds really fresh and original :up:

2. DChero

DChero Out of Work Superhero

I wouldn't have an issue with Lex being the only "villain" because it's such a new dynamic. The draw is Superman and Batman. A villain is introduced for the sake of giving them someone to team-up against.

What I would not want is for Lex to be the only villain without a physical payoff. If Lex doesn't dawn the battlesuit/powersuit then it has a strong chance of repeating one of Superman Returns' mistakes.

3. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

How about a Lex-Black Mask alliance? or Lex hiring Deathstroke to fight Bats and Metallo in both teams

4. DChero

I think that Black Mask should be saved for a Batman spin-off. He's a "boss" villain, if that makes sense. He seems too similar to Lex. I'd like some muscle like Deathstroke or Deadshot.

5. smallville fan

Hell yes to Deathstroke, no to Deadshot, Floyd Lawton would crap his pants when Superman dismantles his gun.

I think that for picking who would be good out of Batman's villains, we should also consider whether they'd be a good opponent for Superman as well. Most of Batman's foes would crap their pants when they see Superman.

I wouldn't use Joker as a)It steals even more focus away from Superman b)He'd crap his pants when he sees Supes flying at him from mach 5 and this isn't the cartoon-verse where everything magically translates well.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
  6. MrMaooz

MrMaooz Well-Known Member

Lex and Metallo.

7. DChero

I wouldn't have Deathstroke or Deadshot anywhere near Superman. I'd use them as a bridge to bring Batman into a Superman vs Luthor feud. I guess the method would be similar to how Loki lured Thor to Earth in the Avengers or Kano lured Sonya Blade out in Mortal Kombat (that just happened). He wouldn't be involved in any heavyweight battle.

8. DChero

If the Batman fans would be cool with it, so would I.

9. CharlieS

CharlieS Well-Known Member

I'm for Lex and Metallo too and maybe an another minor Superman's villain.

10. MessiahDecoy123

MessiahDecoy123 Psychological Anarchist

Lex with henchmen Deathstroke and Metallo.

Save Brainiac and Clayface for solo Batman and Superman films.

11. FeedOnATreeFrog

FeedOnATreeFrog (A Metal Gear reference)

I think it would be cool if both Lex and the Joker (off-screen) were secretly each responsible for the events of the movie behind the scenes (revealed at the end of the movie).

Perhaps Lex secretly programs Metallo/Bizarro/Cyborg-Superman to attack Metropolis but with the ability to shut it down on command (for when he goes and "saves the day" in his battle suit).

However, the programming 'malfunctions' allowing it to regain its free will (and not being able to shut down on Lex's command), and Lex wusses out; thus Superman is required to save the day.

Have it hinted at the end why the programming malfunctioned when Lex finds a Joker card on his computer (suggesting that the Joker sabotaged things, simply to cause chaos, showing the difference between Joker and Lex).

12. DChero

I guess with Batman in this movie, we'll probably see kryptonite. Metallo is probably the go-to villain with a kryptonite theme, so I could see that working. It's not my favorite scenario, but it can certainly work within the time limits.

13. smallville fan

And seeing that they're sticking with the title of Batman vs Superman, how would that play into things?

14. FeedOnATreeFrog

Batman and Superman are at odds for the first half perhaps?

Later Batman has to trust Superman, perhaps freeing him so that he can take down Metallo/Bizarro/Cyborg-Superman (designed by Lex Luthor to be controllable) who has somehow regained its free-will (later revealed to be the Joker's meddling) and is causing chaos in Metropolis.

15. CharlieS

CharlieS Well-Known Member

I think they could take some inspiration from Lex Luthor:Man of Steel.

16. TheFlamingCoco

TheFlamingCoco Well-Known Member

Wow. That's THREE villains :wow:

17. Tempest

Tempest ....What?

I'm not a big fan of Brainiac. I'd be just as happy to never see him appear.

My choices would be Luthor, and maybe Scarecrow or Desaad. The idea of Lex working willingly, or perhaps as a pawn with someone who could manipulate Batman and Superman on a whole other level from Luthor interests me.

Two or three villains might be too complicated. If it's truly a Batman vs. Superman film, my best guess is that Batman is working on a way to take out Superman, as is Lex Luthor. I don't see Batman ever seriously working with Luthor, not even to take out Suprman (unless Luthor has been mostly clean up to this point).

Unless they get all twisty, and the entire "versus" is really a set-up to get Luthor to show his hand on the weapons he was working on. That could be fun.

18. FeedOnATreeFrog

Oh. I meant "one of" Metallo/Bizarro/Cyborg-Superman. Not all three!

Unless you're referring to one of those three + Joker + Lex being too much, which I disagree with.

I don't think that would too much at all if Joker and Lex are merely the behind the scenes villains, revealed at the end (post-credits?) to be responsible for everything that goes wrong in the movie. Seems fitting for a Batman/Superman movie.

For all intensive purposes, the antagonists could be Batman/Waller at first, then one of Metallo/Bizarro/Cyborg-Superman.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  19. John-An

John-An Wonder Fingers!

[​IMG]

THANKS TO JaD!!! EPICNESS!!! love that gif!!!!

20. STARMAN

STARMAN Rebel With A Cause

If this movie revolves around Batman fighting Superman than you don't need multiple villains. If this movie is a team-up than you can fight multiple villains but there is no way the Joker should be included in this.

21. DChero

Warners could include multiple villains in a smaller capacity. It just couldn't be a villain-driven movie, which is exactly what The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises were.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
  22. Uroboric Forms

Uroboric Forms Your Move, Creep

I really want to see Brainiac. I also voted Poison Ivy as an alternate villain instead of alongside Brainiac, because she could be relevant, spark a fight between Batman and Superman (a la Hush) and be a strong left-field villain.

23. Rorschach2012

If its Batman and Superman fighting the whole time, that sounds awful.

Joker and Luthor against Batman and Superman is the most logical thing to happen. That's what everyone would assume would go down.

24. DChero

After reading some other posts here, it's become more clear that I want more grounded villains - well as grounded as Man of Steel allowed.

25. Rorschach2012

Lex, Metallo, Deathstroke, and Amanda Waller in a small role