"By the Bright Lady!" The Official Alexandra Shipp/Storm Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by BMM, Jun 30, 2017.

1. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

I hope it does too.

Wonder if they'll have her tribal head-dress? I hope you've all noticed how that head-dress is shaped like the Mother Goddess, with a head, arms and the legs/body wrapping around her face.

2. Supperhero

Supperhero Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity

One of my minor disappointments with "Dark Phoenix" is Storm having the standard X-Man uniform (and that's fine) without the signature cape. I think they should have "personalized" her team uniform by adding the cape, no matter what.
    On the other hand, I love her hairstyle and Alexandra looks 100% beautiful, maybe more beautiful than Halle during her prime.
    I have a question:
    Is it me, or Storm's cape in X2 looks longer and larger than her one in X1? In X2, the cape looks very superhero-ish. I think Storm's look in X2 and TLS was just wonderful.

3. carpenter82

carpenter82 Registered

She had the best look in X2 for me.

Jh7058622 and Supperhero like this.
  4. Jh7058622

Jh7058622 Registered

She looked amazing during X2! Very TAS/90s inspired (my second favorite era for her after TGS era).
    images.jpeg
    tumblr_mucpa01Zig1stedbqo1_250.gif
    446417e99795142b0072558c416d298f.jpg halle-berry-13.jpg 3409895-a11296069-vote1.jpg

5. Matt.S99

Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

Her X3 and DOFP looks are probably my favorite.
    While X3 is definitely the weakest of the OT, I did like that they gave Storm a bit of a bigger role. And I loved that she was a leader.

6. Jh7058622

Jh7058622 Registered

People unfairly gripe on her X2 role. She actually had an arc in that film and was the feild lead there as well. Then they overly praise her X3 role though she only has more screentime yet none of it is worthwhile she just talks more angrily at everyone.

AVEITWITHJAMON and Supperhero like this.
  7. Supperhero

Supperhero Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity

I disagree. I loved her presence on X3 too. She was even more confident and strong during X-Men's arguably worst moment ever. She was a true leader on X3 and surely a very fascinating character.

8. Jh7058622

Jh7058622 Registered

Reason I don't like Storm portrayal in X3 is the same reason I think downplaying the "sisterly" aspect of Jean and Ororo in this new film is a mistake if they do.

They made her completely denounce Jean without a second thought or even trying to give her the benefit of the doubt. It always seemed a forced aggressiveness towards her and not a genuine one.

There wasn't any hesitation to condemn her and as she put it "let her go" even though she had at least been colleagues with Jean for years and showed no signs of disliking each other even sarcastically joking the way you would close coworkers to each other before Wolverine ever met Jean.

If anything it should have been Logan who had an easier time letting go than Storm.

carpenter82 likes this.
  9. Justice4#Rouge

Justice4#Rouge Registered

Yeah I didn’t like that in X3. Didn’t show an ounce of care for her. MAYBE, maybe in the scene where she finds Jean unconscious, then nothing, treated her as if she was a random villain. While there not playing up their sisterhood nearly as much as they should, I’ve been told there’s genuine care for Jean from Storm in this one, which is a big step up from the last stand. I’m excited to see how they show it, but I’m fairly sure how they will, with the things I’m hearing.

Also, I’m sure the line in the recent trailer, is directed at Charles, and not Jean.

Jh7058622 likes this.
  10. Havok83

Havok83 Registered

Storm was overly aggressive in X3 for the most part

11. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Spice Mutant

Her reaction to the cure and when Rogue asked them about the cure. Then telling Logan to let Jean go.

She was definitely stormy!

12. carpenter82

carpenter82 Registered

Completely agree. You never see Storm wrestle with that fact.

13. Obsidian Idea

Obsidian Idea The light is blinding

I often wonder if Storm's stance with Jean in X3 had anything to do with the rumors that Halle and Famke weren't getting along behind the scenes. Did they write their scenes in such a way that the two women had minimal contact in the film? That is if these alleged rumors are true...

14. psylockolussus

It was just a coincidence. X3 is the same movie in which the writers couldn't figure a role for Nightcrawler that would "justify all the make up hours" for the character. And Nightcrawler had nice scenes with Storm in X2 and they could have continued that.

15. Matt.S99

Matt.S99 Formally batboy99

I do think her role in X2 was the best, for sure.

16. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Storm's stance in X3, readily dropping Jean and not having any second thoughts about killing Jean, might have been a remnant of the top brass at Fox wanting Storm and Wolverine to bump uglies, or more likely Fox wanting to see Halle and Hugh, the actors, to pair up. So naturally Storm in that role would hate Jean because Wolverine "loves" Jean, too (?).

That or Kinberg never saw why Storm and Jean would be good friends. See their relations (or lack thereof) in Dark Phoenix.

#441 EnDz0n3, Mar 11, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  17. Phoenix_Flare

Phoenix_Flare Registered

well remember in X2 there was a deleted scene in the jet and Jean starts to play around with her powers and things start to go haywire and Storm says "Jean?" and she goes "sorry I'm a little bit distracted." Storm says, "maybe its because Logan backs in town," and Jean says, "yeah it is" Storm looks at her and Jean says, "NNNooottt!!!" and Storm smiles and laughs. Also when Jean is hurt at Alakli Storm asks if shes okay and she breaks down in the jet after Jean's "death" so in a way X2 paid homage to their sisterly bond in subtle ways. In X3 it was completely dropped without to any reason why Storm would turn on her friend, yeah she did kill Scott/Charles but Storm should have been in that scene in the infirmary when Charles was explaining to Logan about the Phoenix persona.

18. Jh7058622

Jh7058622 Registered

Yep not to mention the
    "Are you bored yet?"
    "Oh yeah"

Exchange when they find Nightcrawler in the abandoned church.

These women respected each other.

Also this is the first superhero film ever to focus on a team of women to be the main focus of a film unlike other franchises that only have one woman in a scene at a time. X-Men films don't get the respect they deserve I swear.

Mr. Peanut and carpenter82 like this.
  19. Zarex

Zarex Registered

If the series was able to maintain this standard of work subsequent to X2 it would have.

EnDz0n3 likes this.
  20. Jh7058622

Jh7058622 Registered

Not trying to negate your opinion of her in that film just defended how I don't feel she was shafted in X2 the way many try to spin. She literally saved the world in that film. I will never understand why she thought she had to get more screentime in order to have a meaningful role.

In X1 definitely wasted but X2 was very balanced until you get to Wolverine's overexposure and Cyclops absence (though that makes sense in the context of the film/comics).

21. psylockolussus

She was fierce in that movie. She saved the mutant kind from the deadly decimation that was the Cerebro attack! She's a superHero!

LightDaggers likes this.
  22. Superhero 101

The tornado scene was a great scene I still remember watching that in the theater in awe

23. psylockolussus

Halle was electrifying in X2, my wig flew when she launched those tornadoes in the big screen!

LightDaggers and ManX07 like this.
  24. Superhero 101

The 10 year old in me didn’t care about the wig it was about seeing one of my favorite X-men kick some butt

25. HexualCirce

HexualCirce Registered

I loved her in X2. I really wish they had kept the scene with her flying over the lake. Or that it would have at least been made available as part of the deleted scenes. Though most of her appearances in these films have been wasted potential. I hope the MCU treats her better.

LightDaggers likes this.