"By the Bright Lady!" The Official Alexandra Shipp/Storm Thread

Discussion in 'X-Men: Dark Phoenix' started by BMM, Jun 30, 2017.

1. Phoenix_Flare

Phoenix_Flare Registered

When you think about none of the X-Women talked to each other. Storm didn’t say anything to Jean in X1, she did to Rogue but those scenes got cut. In X2 Jean didn’t say squat to Rogue and in X3 Storm or Rogue didn’t say nothing to Jean and we’re supposed to believe these women all have a relationship???

Primal Slayer and Vasilios like this.
  2. Vasilios

Vasilios Firework

A supporting character ? She was a visual FX prop with a few basic throw away lines that anyone else could’ve said.

Sage2016 and Primal Slayer like this.
  3. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

Of course she was fairly useless, no real defined relationship with anyone, and she spent majority of her fighting throwing lightning bolts around that didn't look that great compared to past action scenes we've had with the character over the past films. Seemed like she was either following orders, getting knocked out, or needing to be saved to help finish someone off.

Hopefully by the time I'm 40 and we get a reboot, the character will finally get done justice.

Mysterious likes this.
  4. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

I think it's absolutely hilarious that Xavier initially told Storm to stay home and she had to speak up and stand up to Charles telling her she can't go. Isn't she older than Cyclops? At least Shipp is older than Tye...

TheVileOne likes this.
  5. Primal Slayer

Primal Slayer Let the Siren scream

I don't think it had anything to do with age but more about the connections with Jean.

EnDz0n3 likes this.
  6. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

The objective of the scene was obvious "we are family and we have each others' backs." It failed, IMO. It just came off like Xavier treating them as kids, like the rest of the movie.

Kinberg can't write proper dialogue and he has to go to extremes, because earlier Mystique called out Xavier for treating the X-men as collateral but still adults. Now, they're just kids that have to be protected and should stay home.

P Supreme likes this.
  7. P Supreme

P Supreme Registered

I'm still waiting to see a proper Storm in a movie 8 movies and she's a glorified extra in most of them
    extremely frustrating as a storm fan

I just know she is going to be BIG in the MCU

8. Drab87

Drab87 ~Charmed One~

Working on a review for Dark Phoenix. Need some help. I can’t remember all things Storm did with her powers and in what order.

1. Created ice to hold spaceship together
    2. Create ice cubes (mad me so mad)
    3. Threw lightning bolts at Jean
    4. Threw lightning bolt at Red Lotus
    5. Flying
    6. Created icy wind to hold off Red Lotus
    7. Flying
    8. Shocked alien on top of train with lightning bolts.
    9. Created icy wind to blow back aliens over powering Magneto.

I know I missing things or this may be out of order. If any can remember please add and edit.

9. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

She also created wind to get herself to stand up (with this cheesy look on her face) after getting knocked down on top of the car.

10. Mad Ones

Mad Ones Bebe le Strange

She went from participating in the mass killing of people around the world in the last movie to making ice cubes in this one. What an arc.

TheVileOne likes this.