Dark Phoenix "By the Bright Lady!" The Official Alexandra Shipp/Storm Thread

I wonder if we are getting some h2h combat from Storm this film. Storm got some great development when she was powerless. I dont want her powerless but h2h would be great to see.

I'd love to see some h2h, along with a bit more interesting uses of her powers.

I'd love to see some h2h, along with a bit more interesting uses of her powers.
Same here,Storm has so many talents that havent been explored yet in the movies. I suggest some taking from her solo series or Worlds Apart they both showed some interesting usage of her powers.
Its probably just part of shipps work out routine
Your right, it was just nice to see it and be hopeful of what could come from it.

I wonder how they're developing her character. I still don't understand how X1 Storm could be so angry at humans, when we hardly saw any of her interactions with mankind in the prequels (or Apocalypse). You don't just become an angry (but wise) black woman out of nowhere.

I wonder how they're developing her character. I still don't understand how X1 Storm could be so angry at humans, when we hardly saw any of her interactions with mankind in the prequels (or Apocalypse). You don't just become an angry (but wise) black woman out of nowhere.

doesn't matter what she was like in x-men or x2.those are totaly ilrelvent to
this film or apocalypse for that matter.

She was scared in X1
She was mad in X2

Why? Because she says so :o

I'll never give up hope that Shipp can knock this role out of the park if Fox lets her.

Last edited:
Well, I think there should be some development at least. maybe some morlocks?

I recently heard a song by Beyonce ft. chimamanda ngozi adichie and I thought, why this woman is just what storm would sound like (chimamanda, of course)

[YT]IyuUWOnS9BY[/YT]

doesn't matter what she was like in x-men or x2.those are totaly ilrelvent to
this film or apocalypse for that matter.

It's still the same continuity, just a different timeline. Just because events are different doesn't mean the characters will turn out radically different. Heck, the end of DoFP makes it seem like everyone pretty much turns out the same

Yes. The older Storm is still Halle Berry. Who by the way looked amazing in Comic Con 2017.

It's still the same continuity, just a different timeline. Just because events are different doesn't mean the characters will turn out radically different. Heck, the end of DoFP makes it seem like everyone pretty much turns out the same

no it's not.and before long ending of dofp may be totaly ilrelvent.

no it's not.and before long ending of dofp may be totaly ilrelvent.

What evidence is there that they will ignore the ending of DoFP? So far we have no reason to think things aren't leading up to that point, unless the future is again changed by time travel (but in that case the future would STILL lead up to the ending of DoFP in the second timeline, it just wouldn't lead up to that point in a hypothetical third timeline).

And yes they are all in the same continuity. Time travel and timelines have nothing to do with continuity, continuity simply refers to a connected story thread. The new timeline is directly created by the events of the old timeline, it would not exist otherwise, they are both part of the same overall story, therefore the two timelines share the same continuity. Like, is every other episode of Doctor Who in a separate continuity just because the Doctor changes the timeline every other episode? Is the first Back to the Future movie in a separate continuity from the second just because Marty changed the timeline? No, of course not. Timelines =/= continuity.

good point. The thing is producers, directors and creative people from Fox has used confusing terms with the press too, so they clearly dont help too much

universe, timeline, continuity, own world..... sometimes I even get confused with their interviews, when is much easier to explain.

Thor's lightning in the Ragnorok Comic Con trailer reminds me Storm's potential.

What evidence is there that they will ignore the ending of DoFP? So far we have no reason to think things aren't leading up to that point, unless the future is again changed by time travel (but in that case the future would STILL lead up to the ending of DoFP in the second timeline, it just wouldn't lead up to that point in a hypothetical third timeline).

And yes they are all in the same continuity. Time travel and timelines have nothing to do with continuity, continuity simply refers to a connected story thread. The new timeline is directly created by the events of the old timeline, it would not exist otherwise, they are both part of the same overall story, therefore the two timelines share the same continuity. Like, is every other episode of Doctor Who in a separate continuity just because the Doctor changes the timeline every other episode? Is the first Back to the Future movie in a separate continuity from the second just because Marty changed the timeline? No, of course not. Timelines =/= continuity.
for starters question will end of dark phoenix conterdict future ending of dofp.and if they continue the decade hoping with each x-men film but actors don't look much older hard to imagine they become versions seen in future ending of dofp.

even if we go by their own rules apart from jackman's cameos in first class and apocalypse and being in 1973 in dofp only thing with original cast in contunity is future ending of dofp and stewart with jackman in logan.and even that is very short for storm,jean,and cyclops.

Thor's lightning in the Ragnorok Comic Con trailer reminds me Storm's potential.
This is the key phrase lol. That Thor trailer was absolutely amazing and epic and this is coming from someone who has never seen a single Thor movie, but im very excited for this movie. Anyway Im hoping DP gives us some cool scenes these other studios are bringing the heat such a good time to be a comic book fan. If they give Storm some focus and development theres a chance to see some truly epic scenes but then if they treat her as they have in the past its just many missed opportunities here.

Eh, Storm was doing the whole Lightning around the body and eyes since that epic scene in X1 coming out of the elevator and frying up a toad. Hell thats really the only epic scene in that movie.

Eh, Storm was doing the whole Lightning around the body and eyes since that epic scene in X1 coming out of the elevator and frying up a toad. Hell thats really the only epic scene in that movie.
I agree that scene gives me everlasting life I love it. No scene has impacted me like that one it still makes my hair stand on end. I havent seen anything epic like that from her since then. Now if they bring it back for DP then im here for it.

for starters question will end of dark phoenix conterdict future ending of dofp.and if they continue the decade hoping with each x-men film but actors don't look much older hard to imagine they become versions seen in future ending of dofp.

even if we go by their own rules apart from jackman's cameos in first class and apocalypse and being in 1973 in dofp only thing with original cast in contunity is future ending of dofp and stewart with jackman in logan.and even that is very short for storm,jean,and cyclops.

We don't know yet if future movies will keep decade hopping. With this new trilogy they may decide to stay in the 90's for all we know, we have to wait and see.

And as I said, all the old films are in continuity they just aren't in the same timeline. It's not like the different Spider-man continuities where they are all completely different versions of the characters with no connections, the versions of the characters we are seeing in the current movies are the same as in the original movies except with different events happening to them.

good point. The thing is producers, directors and creative people from Fox has used confusing terms with the press too, so they clearly dont help too much

universe, timeline, continuity, own world..... sometimes I even get confused with their interviews, when is much easier to explain.

I think they should stick with "mess" =p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"