Dark Phoenix "By the Bright Lady!" The Official Alexandra Shipp/Storm Thread

Whats this from?

I think its from A Marvel v Capcom game. It was during the good old days when Marvel would put Xmen in their video games.

Now they have gone all petty, childish and ******** and replaced Xmen characters with a lot less interesting characters in their games.

I hope we get to see her do some gardening. I miss seeing storm enjoying her hobbies

New hair

DKm9b_lVAAEZNPK.jpg
DKm9b_dVYAA8tIG.jpg

Can't wait to see storm on the xmen's side. I hope she has some great character moments

I miss her regal lines. And Beast's super complex, scientific lines.

You aren't gonna get that especially with Kinberg and Hoult/Ship portraying the characters.

You aren't gonna get that especially with Kinberg and Hoult/Ship portraying the characters.

We dont need that, Kinberg has his own vision of these two characters: A boring one :woot:

"not everything from the comics would work on the big screen"

You aren't gonna get that especially with Kinberg and [...] Ship portraying the character
I raise you: "Don't try to get in my head. You don't know me. You didn't grow up in a place where dark religion and superstition hold a lot more sway than your degree, professor. I barely survived my own village, my own family, they all thought I was a curse on the earth." That's the most interesting scene Storm has ever had this side of "Sometimes anger can help you survive." It's not Shipp's fault that didn't make it into the movie and probably not Kinberg's either.

Shipp showed a ton of personality early in Apocalypse. I particularly liked her "it's the 80s" line. But the structure of the movie was basically broken. She was the first character Apocalypse recruited and she didn't have anything to do while Apocalypse recruited the other three (which took too long). And there was no payoff in the climax. I think Bryan and Simon wanted to avoid showing Storm being too destructive and ruthless against the X-men, but why make her a Horseman in the first place if you're not going to really develop the character?

I think my biggest issue with Storm in Apocalypse was her last scene, when she was talking to Quicksilver. "Mystique tells me Magneto is your dad." Um why is Mystique telling people Quicksilver's secret when Magneto is literally floating right there. And the pathetic little development Storm got was her admiration for Mystique, and we don't even get to see the two characters meet. And then she just decides she's staying - no interaction with Xavier. It would be nice to see him offer her a place on the team.

I raise you: "Don't try to get in my head. You don't know me. You didn't grow up in a place where dark religion and superstition hold a lot more sway than your degree, professor. I barely survived my own village, my own family, they all thought I was a curse on the earth." That's the most interesting scene Storm has ever had this side of "Sometimes anger can help you survive." It's not Shipp's fault that didn't make it into the movie and probably not Kinberg's either.

Eh. Yet they had room for her Raven stanning, which IMO, her worst role ever.:o

It was a great piece of characterisation but whose fault was it that it didn't make it into the movie? What's the reason? Or, rather, the excuse - since there is no explanation that would be satisfactory.

And please don't give me this stuff about it being cut because it was an "awkward moment" - it wasn't, it was the perfect moment, the only real place for that dialogue. Worse still, there's no chance we will ever hear that sort of characterisation again because it was specific to that movie's circumstances. She can hardly be saying those lines 10 years later. It sucks, it stinks, it makes me feel so annoyed. It's just crap, crap, crap, and more crap that these important developmental moments keep getting cut for no real reason. Rant over - for now.

Storm will be standing in the background and I can already see her lines will be like:

"He is right"
"Jean needs us"
"What are we going to do?"
"Yes"
"I don't think so"

Apocalypse gave us a glimpse of that already. She'll be in the background serving other characters development, like the "Mystique told me he's your father" line mentioned above.

It was a great piece of characterisation but whose fault was it that it didn't make it into the movie? What's the reason? Or, rather, the excuse - since there is no explanation that would be satisfactory.

The answer is simple: they are not passionate about her. They've never been. Storm is constantly brought up in the movies because she is so iconic and so beloved. They know the fans want to see her. That's why they bait us with cool power display scenes in the trailers (only to give her 3 lines in the movie). I'm sick of this.

Rogue is another example of that. They actually released another version of DoFP and named "The Rogue Cut". They know how beloved and popular those characters are, they will be constantly bringing them to bait the fans, but the true is: they don't know what to do with them. Because they're only passionate about the three characters we already know.

Also, I don't like how they feel the need to change the characters to "make them more interesting". The idea of making a more "rebellious" version Scott shows they don't like who he is, so they need to change him.

And please don't give me this stuff about it being cut because it was an "awkward moment" - it wasn't, it was the perfect moment, the only real place for that dialogue. Worse still, there's no chance we will ever hear that sort of characterisation again because it was specific to that movie's circumstances. She can hardly be saying those lines 10 years later. It sucks, it stinks, it makes me feel so annoyed. It's just crap, crap, crap, and more crap that these important developmental moments keep getting cut for no real reason. Rant over - for now.

That's why I have zero hope for Storm for now on. For Scott and Jean, yeah, I do believe they'll get decent screentime and development. Especially Jean. I'm not worried about them. But Apocalypse was the reintroduction of those three huge characters and Storm wasn't introduced to be one of the main characters. She wasn't introduced the same way Scott and Jean were. They have different plans for Ororo. She'll be standing in the background with little to none character development. If her role indeed grows, it'll only grow to a supporting character like what Beast is now. She'll never be a leading characters, sadly.

I have more hopes for Kurt than I have for her. :csad:

The answer is simple: they are not passionate about her. They've never been. Storm is constantly brought up in the movies because she is so iconic and so beloved. They know the fans want to see her. That's why they bait us with cool power display scenes in the trailers (only to give her 3 lines in the movie). I'm sick of this.

Rogue is another example of that. They actually released another version of DoFP and named "The Rogue Cut". They know how beloved and popular those characters are, they will be constantly bringing them to bait the fans, but the true is: they don't know what to do with them. Because they're only passionate about the three characters we already know.

Also, I don't like how they feel the need to change the characters to "make them more interesting". The idea of making a more "rebellious" version Scott shows they don't like who he is, so they need to change him.

That's why I have zero hope for Storm for now on. For Scott and Jean, yeah, I do believe they'll get decent screentime and development. Especially Jean. I'm not worried about them. But Apocalypse was the reintroduction of tthose three huge characters and Storm wasn't introduced to be one of the main characters. She wasn't introduced the same way Scott and Jean were. They have different plans for Ororo. She'll be standing in the background with little to none character development. If her role indeed grows, it'll only grow to a supporting character like what Beast is now. She'll never be a leading characters, sadly.

I have more hopes for Kurt than I have for her. :csad:

not so much that they dont know what to do with them. everything is in the comics and cartoons already. it's more they don't want to do something good with them, in storm's case it's 'cause she black!

Remember who died first in Days of Future Past after they gathered in China? Storm followed by Bishop. Black, black. Typical Hollywood treatment of minorities in a franchise that is meant to break those norms. very off-topic, i recently watched free fire, they played with this rule very well and the film in general is hilarious. can't wait for brie larson as captain marvel

Anyway, even Thor's casting is way better at this point, and Thor is originally white as hell because it is rooted in Norse mythology, which is pretty darn white.

Last edited:
And why is Beast such a watered down version of himself? It's because he's blue! And why haven't we seen Azazel since FC? It's because he's red! And why doesn't Wolvie wear his original costume? Because it's yellow!

putting it that way, Kinberg definetly has a problem with colours

And why is Beast such a watered down version of himself? It's because he's blue! And why haven't we seen Azazel since FC? It's because he's red! And why doesn't Wolvie wear his original costume? Because it's yellow!

Must be why they'd rather Raven be a blonde JLaw than blue.

Storm will be standing in the background and I can already see her lines will be like:

"He is right"
"Jean needs us"
"What are we going to do?"
"Yes"
"I don't think so"

Hahahahahhaha...

Hopefully, she will get more.

Remember who died first in Days of Future Past after they gathered in China? Storm followed by Bishop. Black, black.
This I object to. Storm was killed first yes, but A) the actress playing her had the least amount of time of the cast in the future, B) was a veteran and thus was much more shocking and C) the death was treated as a bigger deal than most of the others with reaction shots from Xavier and Bishop plus a long shots of her falling down. It was a 'this is about to get real' moment. Also Storm is the only X-Men who properly did some damage to the Sentinels together with Magneto. You can't just downplay her death with 'racist'.

Well, when the two black characters of Dofp, along with the other minorities (native, asian) had the least screentime from that cast, and in XMa once again the same black character had little screentime and the asian one (Jubilee) was almost cut... Yeah, people have the right to suggest there is some racism involved.

I'm not saying there is no racism involved at all. I'm just saying that Storm's death isn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"