By the Bristling Beard of Odin! The Thor Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fraction's Invincible Iron Man bores me to tears. That was actually part of why I was nervous about his writing Thor in the first place. :o

I enjoy Invincible Iron Man a good bit, so his writing of Thor is depressing. Wanted to like it, but at this rate I'm afraid to read the last 3 issues.

Ultimate Thor concluded today and it was epic in all proportions. From the beginning to start Jonathan Hickman and Carlos Pachero drew out an beatifully A talent worth story that not only shows how truly amazing character Ultimate Thor is, he also fleshes out the whole Ultimate Asgard, Loki, introduces us Odin, The warriors three, Balder the Brave and demonstrates us why ultimately Thor was willing to accept Nick Fury's offer to join the Ultimates and accept his role in a superhero team lead by a paranoid control freak that he despises and doubts incredibly.

If you love Thor, read this, if you love great comics, read this! If you dislike Ultimate Marvel? Ignore the hate and read this story and come to love the ultimate Thor!

I'm looking forward to it. Not too sure about Herc's new costume, but I like that they kept the Nemean Lion imagery. :up:
I'm not sure about that costume either Corpy. Reminds me a bit of Layton's Herc mini.
I'm just happy Herc's back!

I'm HOPING this Blizzard didn't delay OUR delivery. I won't be getting mine until tomorrow.

Ultimate Thor concluded today and it was epic in all proportions. From the beginning to start Jonathan Hickman and Carlos Pachero drew out an beatifully A talent worth story that not only shows how truly amazing character Ultimate Thor is, he also fleshes out the whole Ultimate Asgard, Loki, introduces us Odin, The warriors three, Balder the Brave and demonstrates us why ultimately Thor was willing to accept Nick Fury's offer to join the Ultimates and accept his role in a superhero team lead by a paranoid control freak that he despises and doubts incredibly.

If you love Thor, read this, if you love great comics, read this! If you dislike Ultimate Marvel? Ignore the hate and read this story and come to love the ultimate Thor!

Does anyone else want to marry Robert Rodi and have his babies on the basis of how utterly awesome Thor: For Asgard was?

Ouch. I feel sorry for whatever kids Cap and Sharon end up having. She's gonna be a scary mom. :csad:

Personally I think that Sharon and the Valkyrie both need introduced to a bar of Fels Naptha.

How was it?:)
Liked the explanation on why he's having to use the Tech. To bad it's only a mini that leads into the Ultimates original series.

Calling it a mere mini that leads into the Ultimates 1 and 2 is putting it off lightly, if you ask me. This mini was not only introducing and setting up Ultimate Asgard among other characters, it also showed us things like a truly menacing sociopathic Loki who switched sides only to bring forth chaos for his own desires, despite fightning thousands of years together with Thor and Balder, he holds no regrets with switching sides aslong as he gains what he desires: Chaos. It also gives us more background and motivational reasons behind Thor, as Ultimates 1 and 2 give you the idea that Thor only did join the Ultimates so he could force the president into investing more money on foreign matters and greenpeace.

Really tho, you should check out Ultimates 1 and 2 now if you haven't. >: )

I have Ultimates 1 on my desktop. lol Can't locate the rest and only have 1 & 2 of New Ulimates.

Check this out guys! A Muckle Mannequin of Thor!
Stands 6' 8"!
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/THOR-LIFE-SIZ...ultDomain_0&hash=item4156b613d0#ht_750wt_1141
Thor01-1.png

The LCS got my Thor 619, NOT liking what's happened to Balder and Tyr at ALL.

I'm getting alittle TIRED of these deaths Marvel.

Well, supposedly they're gonna kill somebody every quarter now.

Can they kill Ghost Rider then already, or at least put me out of my misery?

They retracted that and claimed it was just a joke. Although I doubt we'll see any kind of marked reduction in character deaths. Both Marvel and DC know they're a quick, easy way to score big sales.

That's just stupid. Is this supposed to be part of the Fear BS?
Wait let me guess Scarlet Witch makes a return and fixes every thing at the end?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
monke77
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"