"By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Discussion in 'X-Men: Days of Future Past' started by Thread Manager, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuestStar2004

GuestStar2004 Well-Known Member

thats true her role may have been written to get around her pregnancy, if singer or someone wasn't given early notice of this then that would be unbelievably stupid

i doubt they will make storm pregnant though, seems abit desperate... like OMG WE NEED STORM IN THIS WHAT DO WE DO!!! I KNOW WE WILL SAY STORM IS PREGNANT!! OMG THATS GENIUS!!!

they may reduce the baby bump in post-production, close ups of berry, stunt girl, CGI mixing, im not quite sure what people are expecting

2. Alison Blaire

Alison Blaire Well-Known Member

Yesterday in Brazil:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Double B

Double B Well-Known Member

In comparison to this:

[​IMG]

So with the right angles and the right clothing, hiding the bump should be fine.

4. Dark Raven

Dark Raven The Gal from Themyscira

They could always say that Storm got fat in her old age, and maybe plump her up in other areas so that her bump isn't noticeable. Or wait until she's a bit more pregnant and it will look more natural without needing to resort to prosthetics or a fat suit.

After all, why should it be that Storm stayed slim all the time, especially if many years have passed. Did Kirstie Alley, Val Kilmer, John Travolta or William Shatner stay slim? In the Star Trek original series episode "The Deadly Years" when they projected how an old age Shatner would look, he looks completely different to how he actually looks at about that age. It didn't take into account putting on weight.

So Ororo Munroe could easily have let herself go.

5. psylockolussus

psylockolussus Well-Known Mutant

I hope they don't kill her :csad:.

LOL they are not gonna do that. And as if the characters in the movie care about their weight.

6. Dark Raven

Well they did that with Daphne (Jane Leeves) on Frasier one season when she was pregnant but they didn't want to write that into the storyline. They made it that she developed a problem with overeating.

And if characters in the movie don't care about their weight, then that's all the more reason they could let themselves go.

But I don't see Halle being up for looking fat. At least Gwyneth Paltrow was more of a sport.

7. NanaT

NanaT X-Men United!

They did it with January Jones on Mad Men as well back when she was pregnant.

[​IMG]

8. X-Maniac

X-Maniac High Evolutionary

She looks very obviously pregnant. The clothes don't help, as her sweater ends just where the pregnancy bulge starts - made more conspicuous by the lighting. The look of a bulging waistline (and being overweight in general) is very different from a pregnancy bump.

9. JP

JP Smelly

January Jones actually wore a fat suit on Mad Men while she was pregnant. She was only actually pregnant for 2 episodes that season.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  10. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

Haha. Good luck, Louise Mingenbach. You have your work cut out for you, now.

11. Dark Raven

Well some women do look pregnant when in fact they're just fat and have a pot belly. It's always a tricky issue to ask them when they're expecting in case they get insulted.

As for Halle, maybe the best thing would be a fat suit though that doesn't show any discernable bump. If they filmed her now when she's still relatively slimmer, that could be the future scenes where she's restored back to her normal self. Then when she gets more pregnant, this could be the dystopian future where she has let herself go and put on weight.

It would at least add to the impact of showing how deteriorated things have become. Of course, other X-Men would need to have various problems too (eg drug addiction, alcoholism, homelessness etc) so that it's not Storm who is the only one.

I don't think they'd go down this route, but it would be more daring if they did, and would take the X-Men movies into more adult themes and territory.

12. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

I disagree. I think it's just going to come off silly if Storm is turned into an over-eater.

13. Dark Raven

You don't need to show her constantly snacking and stuffing herself. She just needs to be shown as fat (and not ridiculously so), and the audience can just assume the rest for themselves as to how she became that way. We're not talking about Shallow Hal comedy territory here where she dives into a pool and all the water splashes out, or she sits on a bench and it breaks.

I'm just thinking of a way to make lemonade out of a lemon, because since Halle is obviously pregnant now and may look more so, then why not use it to the story's advantage?

14. EnDz0n3

EnDz0n3 Marvel Legend

Pretty sure Dark Raven is joking.

15. BMM

BMM Well-Known Member

I hate the internet. :cmad:

16. SterlingDee

SterlingDee Well-Known Member

A fat Storm would be hilarious. Imagine the fan reaction to that...and how Halle would moan and complain. That would fuel the Storm hate for another 10 yrs!

17. Lightning Strykez!

Lightning Strykez! Former Mod On Pension Pay

Are you being facetious are serious? If you're joking, then okay...:funny: I guess. But if your post is meant to be serious, I must say it's dripping with copious amounts of ridiculousness. No offense. :csad:

18. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

This is actually my biggest concern regarding Halle filming while pregnant.

Mingenbach has to be one of the most uninspired movie costume designers working today. I'm really worried she's going to take this as an opportunity to drape Halle in awfully printed mumu and caftan style dresses. :csad:

19. JP

JP Smelly

That actually sounds perfect for Storm. :o

20. Lightning Strykez!

I couldn't agree more. Louise is just...terrible. She's the only costume designer I know that can take women as extraordinarily gorgeous as Halle, Famke and Anna and make them look so bland and tepid. And it's not just the clothes....even their make-up is flat and boring.

I was already prepared for her costuming of Storm to be effed up. But I'm afraid that she simply won't know what the hell to do with Halle is preggers mode...I'm expecting something frumpy and shapeless. :down

21. Dark Raven

While Halle is pregnant, why spend money on a costume when wearing a canvas tent will do?

22. Lightning Strykez!

[​IMG]

Case in point. Bad wig. Unflattering outfit. And once again, the "non-make-up" look.

Boring. :down

Last edited: Apr 13, 2013
  23. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

In more capable hands, I would agree. But that woman just doesn't know how to dress Halle (or Anna and Famke for that matter).

Exactly! She has a style sense that is just not right for big-budget movies. She should be costuming bad syndicated television shows like Relic Hunter hahaha.

24. Duran Man

Duran Man The Seventh Stranger

Was she pregnant too?:o

25. josh8

josh8 Well-Known Member

No, that's just the costume designer's idea of what a modern career gal should look like. :barf:

Here's another example:
    [​IMG]

GAWD. The jacket doesn't even fit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.