Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
i never said that it was Halles fault that she is more marketable than Bassett.
Sorry, it sounded like I was directing that at you, but I wasn't trying to single anyone out. It's just so often I hear about studio decisions and somehow it always circles around to being Halle's fault.

No you can look it up, back in '97 Bassette was approached, now as far as her actually being a fan of the character but not of the script I have heard many reasons for her turning the role down and that reason seems to pop up the most.
I've followed X-Men news forever, subscribed to Wizard Magazine, have been with the Hype, Countingdown (way back when!), and other forums for years... that reason has NEVER popped up anywhere. I don't know where you got it from.

Oh, thank God, I thought it was just me. I know there's no comic basis...
Actually, in the comics Storm and Logan have attempted a relationship several times and it never rings true. I think they are currently an item actually... or at least it was started and the writers have seemed to forget about it again.

"Raarrrrgggggghhhh!"

"Make me feel goooooooooood"!

Lighting flashes and thunder rumbling would be totally rhythmic and synchronized. And Jean would just be staring at Scott and telepathically saying "Why can't you do it like that? Ugh. Dork."

:lmao::lmao::lmao:
You should see Halle's "Inside the Actor's Studio" segment. It's actually really good (and made me have a lot more respect for her) and she jokes about how she will never escape this line. She even does the line in the interview haha.

Craaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaap. I want this now. :oldrazz:

So, new trilogy with the OT cast, Cyclops and Jean reunited (pining for amazing sex), #Stogan being the sexiest couple ever. Rogue and Taylor 'Many Flops' Kitsch AKA Gambit get it on, Iceman and Kitty, Colossus and Northstar.

Errrrrrbody happy.

No.

You missed one detail: Cyclops and Jean are having sexual compatibility problems which is why Jean has one eye on Logan in the first place and Scott keeps straying to Emma. But what neither vixen is aware of is that Scott and Logan are also scorching and shredding up the sheets up too...on the low. See, Magneto's gay ass hooked them up with some helmets free of charge. :up:

I mean, come on...we all know that deep down, Logan really wants some Summer iced tea. LOL :funny:

You should see Halle's "Inside the Actor's Studio" segment. It's actually really good (and made me have a lot more respect for her) and she jokes about how she will never escape this line. She even does the line in the interview haha.

Yeah, she'll never be able to live that famous line down. I can't remember s*** else about Monster's Ball but I DO remember her pleas for Billy Bob Thorton's character to make her "feeeel goooood".

Her character must've been desperate as hell. Because Billy Bob Thorton is undeniably gross and unattractive. Just dry-looking. :csad:

As for Storm and Logan I would have to say no at least not now as it would be cheap. He needs a sex buddy (enter Domino in X-Force) as he's not ready for a real relationship...
Totally agree with you here. But I know everyone here is just messing around haha.

After how much they've played up Logan being soooo in love with Jean, having him hook up with Storm would make Storm look like a consolation prize. And that is not Storm.

Yeah, she'll never be able to live that famous line down. I can't remember s*** else about Monster's Ball but I DO remember her pleas for Billy Bob Thorton's character to make her "feeeel goooood".

Her character must've been desperate as hell. Because Billy Bob Thorton is undeniably gross and unattractive. Just dry-looking. :csad:
I agree Billy Bob is pretty gross... which is why I was pretty surprised that they actually had chemistry on-screen and he was able to portray sexuality in a convincing way. It was interesting.

I agree Billy Bob is pretty gross... which is why I was pretty surprised that they actually had chemistry on-screen and he was able to portray sexuality in a convincing way. It was interesting.

I guess when you're stranded out there in the middle of the country and there are no other options desperate times call for desperate measures. Poor thing.

The moral of the story is to never be caught stranded in the middle of the country while in need...and with Billy Bob Thorton nonetheless. :csad:

"Do you know what happens to a Wolverine that gets struck by lightning?"

:awesome:

No.

You missed one detail: Cyclops and Jean are having sexual compatibility problems which is why Jean has one eye on Logan in the first place and Scott keeps straying to Emma. But what neither vixen is aware of is that Scott and Logan are also scorching and shredding up the sheets up too...on the low. See, Magneto's gay ass hooked them up with some helmets free of charge. :up:

I mean, come on...we all know that deep down, Logan really wants some Summer iced tea. LOL :funny:

Amazing.

He can handle Scott's blasts, as it were.

2535404-9e121f6e8978e729662da58893cceabce7c97cbe.jpg

I had a dream about Halle/Storm last night. Her skin was dark and shimmering, and her hair was white, silky, and gorgeous. I went up to her and told her how amazing she looked.

Amazing.

Yep. Everyone knows that Scott is a total...erm...dominant personality. And breaking Logan into submission is absolutely essential for many reasons: It's about leadership. It's about Jean.It's about conquering (he's a primal animal at the core). It's about dat ass. LOL!

That's why I think Logan is best suited for power-types like him when it comes to relationships. Storm is the best feminine choice for him because she's a challenge. Scott is obviously a challenge for different reasons. Jean? Not so much. If Logan had ever truly gotten with Jean he would've been bored with her after awhile.

Cyclops-Wolverien-JeanGrey.jpg

We all know what they're REALLY fighting about. Hmph.

I know there are some out there that would rather see Storm with Cyclops but...I dunno.

2114379-astonishingxmen_44_cover_02.jpg

This is just sooo much more interesting to me.
2676661-screen_shot_2012_10_30_at_5.01.12_pm.png

001SWF_Halle_Berry_002.jpg

tumblr_kswc2zFY641qzoaqio1_r1_500_large.jpg

halle_hugh_famke_2.jpg

In the movieverse, there's really NO choice here, but....whatever. If FOX had been smart, they would've let the Jean/Scott dynamic alone and developed something more visually appealing with Hugh and Halle's characters. Creating a pseudo love triangle between Jean, Scott and Logan was the single worst thing they could've done--because it effectively pushed Scott completely out the picture...and out of each movie, literally. :down

Last edited:

Amazing.

:funny:

this is..... this is sexy actually :woot:

its fan art, right?

I need to see the online comic receipts, LS. :awesome:

Hold on, that picture of Storm and Cyclops kissing? That actually happened?! Good grief. No. Nooooooooooooooooooooo. I am not here for Storm and Scott.

To be honest, love or hate it, I'm surprised that they didn't go ahead with the Storm/Wolverine relationship in X3. From a studio point of view, it gives them everything they could want. A sexy, 'power couple' to promote and Rothman clearly loved it.

Timing, perhaps.

:funny:

this is..... this is sexy actually :woot:

its fan art, right?

Yes, definitely fan art.

Sadly. :cool:

I need to see the online comic receipts, LS. :awesome:

I actually have a large collection of comic art featuring Scott and Logan getting along rather well. ;) But I can't post any of it here on the Hype. I'm so not trying to be the first former Hype Moderator to be banned. :funny:

Hold on, that picture of Storm and Cyclops kissing? That actually happened?! Good grief. No. Nooooooooooooooooooooo. I am not here for Storm and Scott.
:

Scott is too dry of a personality to be paired with Ororo. They are two of the same type of person really--she too can be overly righteous at times. Basically Scott is a big overgrown Boy Scout in many respects and does best when he's involved with a bad boy or bad girl. That's why he and Emma have been such a hit. And many of us totally see him having his way with Logan too.

But not with Storm. That's just...very unsexy. :o

Funny, never saw a protest from comic fans or GA in masse about it. No boycotts of the premiere. I don't even think it was picked by CNN or TMZ.

I would think that was one of the many reasons why comic book fans never warmed up (to say the least) to Halle as Storm, along with her portrayal of course.

Haha seriously. Now Angela Bassett was also an X-Men fan who wanted Storm to be portrayed better??

Seriously, where d0 people come up with this? Almost 15 years later and this Bassett vs. Berry debate is still a topic. I'm fairly certain Bassett was never offered the role in the first place and was just one of the actresses considered. I don't think she has ever even commented on the issue.

Yea pretty sure I read on a Wizard interview, this was many years after casting for the movies was done, where Bassett did say she was never asked to play Storm.

All that said, I loved Storm/Halle in X2. I'm hoping she can go back to that character.

Because of that (which happened 16 years ago) she got community service and has spent years working for a domestic abuse foundation. She's more than made up for what she did, but people still use it against her when it suits.

https://jenesse.org/help/HalleBerryWhatALittleLoveCanDo.html

Of course I bring it up when it suits me. Considering the post was responding to was saying that Halle was just being "HONEST" when she said she's been reduced to playing a comic book character, I responded with an instance where, in fact, Halle was NOT at her most honest. I think leaving the scene of a car accident, one you've caused yourself, is one of the most dishonest thing a person can do. Then saying that you have temporary amnesia as the reason you left said accident, just furthers the dishonesty.

However, I'm glad she made up for it by continuing to volunteer at the foundation.

Anyways, regarding the Storm/Logan pairing, I think it would just be too forced now.

Da hell? Cyc and Logan in bed?? This was my laugh for the late night lol

Of course I bring it up when it suits me. Considering the post was responding to was saying that Halle was just being "HONEST" when she said she's been reduced to playing a comic book character, I responded with an instance where, in fact, Halle was NOT at her most honest. I think leaving the scene of a car accident, one you've caused yourself, is one of the most dishonest thing a person can do. Then saying that you have temporary amnesia as the reason you left said accident, just furthers the dishonesty.

However, I'm glad she made up for it by continuing to volunteer at the foundation.
I'm just wondering how you're so sure that she was being dishonest. You say it so definitively. To me that seems like a bias. I really don't know what happened that night so I just try not to judge. It's not outside the realm of possibility that she is telling the truth. (Of course she could be lying as well. We just don't know.)

When my brother was 12, he got hit in the head with someone's elbow or something while playing afterschool basketball. He walked home by himself and was acting really weird and kept asking what time it was... we later figured out he had suffered a concussion. To this day he still can't remember any of that afternoon.

Weren't Ororo and Logan an item in the XTAS, in the future scenes?

Watching x3.... It has its flaws but halle I think IS storm in x3

Weren't Ororo and Logan an item in the XTAS, in the future scenes?

In an alternate reality where Xavier was killed. She had a mohawk too. I liked them together in those episodes. I'd like to see it in the movies. Maybe they're together after everything is altered!

OMG what is this?

Can someone explain what happened to that?

It's called Hot Man Smexery.

Mars123 said:
Watching x3.... It has its flaws but halle I think IS storm in x3

Yes! I know, right? I know so many folks hate X3 (and with good reason) and yet I rank the film higher than most solely because Halle Berry finally captured the spirit of the fierce Weather Goddess. Her action scenes were flawless and to be honest, she doesn't get enough credit for them...or the fact that the only reason we got them is because she fought the studio to get them. :up:

It's called Hot Man Smexery.

Yes! I know, right? I know so many folks hate X3 (and with good reason) and yet I rank the film higher than most solely because Halle Berry finally captured the spirit of the fierce Weather Goddess. Her action scenes were flawless and to be honest, she doesn't get enough credit for them...or the fact that the only reason we got them is because she fought the studio to get them. :up:

THIS!^^^^^ However, they retaliated by allowing her to get woman handled by Calisto a little to easily. And they cut the scene down, AND the cut out the flight/tidal wave!!!!! *angry face*.

P.S. I think her facial expressions in X3 were the best of the OT Storm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"