Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
THIS!^^^^^ However, they retaliated by allowing her to get woman handled by Calisto a little to easily. And they cut the scene down, AND the cut out the flight/tidal wave!!!!! *angry face*.

P.S. I think her facial expressions in X3 were the best of the OT Storm

Apparently they cut the tidal wave because of Poseidon and what a waste i bet that wasn't cheap to do either!

I believe the "Storm creates a wave" scene was cut because they thought Storm's electrocution of the mutants was excessively violent, not because of Poseidon. Plus, the effects (hopefully unfinished) looked questionable at best.

Haha I thought it was really cool..... I guess violent because that one move could of potentially wiped out the entire Alcatraz and no climatic battle lol

Apparently they cut the tidal wave because of Poseidon and what a waste i bet that wasn't cheap to do either!

She could have done that tidal wave to Magneto's army and Jean Grey would be drowned again and that would be the ending. :woot:

But for me, I didn't like that tidal wave. I know its fiction but is it really impossible to get that much water in a cloud? Yes for a typhoon but a cloud won't drop out a big splash of water. I didn't buy it all.

So I'm gonna create a list of great Storm moments off the top of my head from the films (yes I'm that bored at work,lol):

X-Men
Storm and Cyclops Save Rogue and Wolverine
Storm emerges from the elevator creates a storm and fries toad (that moment when she walks outside towards toad and raises her arms, classic)
Storm lifts wolverine into the air(Halle's delivery of 'Hold on to Something' is nearly spot on)

In the Special features of X1 there is a Storm costume fitting feature that shows Halle wearing a wig that's a bit different from the one in the actual film I actually like it more. Halle actually looks her most exotic and Storm like in X1.

X2
Storm teaches the class at museum
Jean and Storm get bored of Nightcrawlers teleporting act
Storm and Nightcrawlers 'Faith and Anger' conversation
Storm creates tornados
Storm leads the team in coming up with a plan to get into the spillway/Storm tells everyone where to go once in the spillway
Storm recognizes then freezes Jason 'its about to get very cold in here'

X3
Storm gets upset and weather reflects mood
Storm takes flight at Jeans childhood home then becomes the eye of a tornado
Storms Eulogy
Storm and the X-Men enter the fight at Alcatraz
Storm takes on Callisto and fries her

Storm and Halle have actually had some good moments in the trilogy I hope this list can expand with the inclusion of DOFP.

I can't wait to see how many moments she will have in X4: DOFP!

I'm sure she will steal the show again!

I recently saw the the original DOFP comic on YT (idk if that was legal) but I really enjoyed it for many reasons and one of them is the contrast between current and future Storm.

On one side, there's the comic book Storm we all know. She is a leader of the X-Men and can command even Wolverine when she sees the need. She has sworn to never take a life and she lives by it. She is not a murderous woman. (Remember also that Storm must keep her emotions in check because her emotions are linked to the weather. Losing control of herself can mean destroying the human world).

You can compare this to future Storm: a completely changed woman willing to kill to survive and to protect her kind, completely changed in her original resolve. Although still in control, this Storm is violent.

The way the transformation of her principles are presented in the comic are very well done. Storm had sworn to protect the world and her own kind from destroying each other but at some point in time she wound up questioning her own identity as one of the X-Men in order to survive. I guess that in the end, she figured out she couldn't fight the Sentinels with her morals.

I wonder if the film will have any of these contrasts of a character in different timelines.. perhaps with magneto and professor x?

Last edited:
Some of Storm's iconic lines:

Storm: Help us, fight with us.
Wolverine: Fight with you? join the team? be a X-Men? who the hell do you think you are? you're a mutant. The world world out there is full of people that hate and fear you and you're wasting your time trying to protect them. I got better things to do. You know Magneto's right, there's a war coming. You sure you're on the right side?.
Storm : At least I've chosen a SIDE.

Storm: Do you know what happens to a toad when its struck by lighting?... the same thing that happens to everyone else.

Storm: Well I gave up on pity a long time ago.
Nightcrawler: Someone so beautiful should not be so angry.
Storm: Sometimes anger can help you survive.
Nightcrawler: So can faith.

Storm: I have faith in you.

Storm: I love what you've done with your hair!
Beast: You too
Storm: ***giggles* ookayy!!!

Storm: They can't cure us, you wanna know why? Because there's nothing to cure, nothing's wrong with you or any of us for that matter.

Storm: Why can't you see the truth? Huh why can't you just let her go?
Wolverine: Because, because...
Storm : Because you love her... she made her choice, now its time to make ours, so if you're with us then be with us.

Storm: What are you ready to do what you need to do when the times comes?

I'm still upset at X3 for having Xavier tell Storm she'll take his place one day and then having Wolverine deliver the "X-Men prep" speech before the climax. Not that I love Halle as Storm, but Jesis, give her some credit, like Singer did.

I'm still upset at X3 for having Xavier tell Storm she'll take his place one day and then having Wolverine deliver the "X-Men prep" speech before the climax. Not that I love Halle as Storm, but Jesis, give her some credit, like Singer did.

Yeah but at that point Wolverine had already taken Cyclops' place so why not take Storm's too...

Looking back at X2 I was suprised to see how Singer actually had Storm fulfill her role as second in command, guess I just didn't catch it the first few times.

Yeah but at that point Wolverine had already taken Cyclops' place so why not take Storm's too...

The questions are: Why did he take Scott's place and why did he take Storm's? The answer is: Because Kinberg and Penn.

Looking back at X2 I was suprised to see how Singer actually had Storm fulfill her role as second in command, guess I just didn't catch it the first few times.
"Bryan Singer did more for the X-franchise than you will ever know. My single greatest regret is that he had to be exiled to WB for 4 years for our dream to live."

She could have done that tidal wave to Magneto's army and Jean Grey would be drowned again and that would be the ending. :woot:

But for me, I didn't like that tidal wave. I know its fiction but is it really impossible to get that much water in a cloud? Yes for a typhoon but a cloud won't drop out a big splash of water. I didn't buy it all.
Actually I do believe that she used her wind to send a wave from the ocean,because they were on the edge of an island. I dont believe it just dropped from a cloud.

Since we have flight as a high-affect mutantion on the Trask website, would that we a confirmation that Storm is flying? Also the flight is the 1st of the 6 mutations shown so maybe that hints at Storm having a bigger part in the Future then we thought?

So I'm gonna create a list of great Storm moments off the top of my head from the films (yes I'm that bored at work,lol):

X-Men
Storm and Cyclops Save Rogue and Wolverine
Storm emerges from the elevator creates a storm and fries toad (that moment when she walks outside towards toad and raises her arms, classic)
Storm lifts wolverine into the air(Halle's delivery of 'Hold on to Something' is nearly spot on)

In the Special features of X1 there is a Storm costume fitting feature that shows Halle wearing a wig that's a bit different from the one in the actual film I actually like it more. Halle actually looks her most exotic and Storm like in X1.

X2
Storm teaches the class at museum
Jean and Storm get bored of Nightcrawlers teleporting act
Storm and Nightcrawlers 'Faith and Anger' conversation
Storm creates tornados
Storm leads the team in coming up with a plan to get into the spillway/Storm tells everyone where to go once in the spillway
Storm recognizes then freezes Jason 'its about to get very cold in here'

X3
Storm gets upset and weather reflects mood
Storm takes flight at Jeans childhood home then becomes the eye of a tornado
Storms Eulogy
Storm and the X-Men enter the fight at Alcatraz
Storm takes on Callisto and fries her

Storm and Halle have actually had some good moments in the trilogy I hope this list can expand with the inclusion of DOFP.
I think those are her only scenes...

The questions are: Why did he take Scott's place and why did he take Storm's? The answer is: Because Kinberg and Penn.

"Bryan Singer did more for the X-franchise than you will ever know. My single greatest regret is that he had to be exiled to WB for 4 years for our dream to live."

Yeah, I'm not gonna sit here and give Singer a pass he is just as responsible for Wolverine taking center spotlight as Kinberg and Penn. And though he has made on decent x-men film (X1) and one great one (X2) I still wish Vaughn would have come back to co-direct (the first class cast) or a reboot with a different director and vision. I can appreciate what Singer has done but I just have never really liked him with this franchise.

storms role in X3 felt so out of place to me, it didn't feel natural

storms role in X3 felt so out of place to me, it didn't feel natural

Not as much as Wolverines I would say, if anything Storm in X3 should have been right there with Cyclops and Xavier in trying to help Jean as they were his first students (according to X1) and had built a strong bond.

Everything in that movie was out of place. Except for Magneto and Beast... Imo and to a lesser extent Pyro and Iceman. Storm was just written wrong, Wolverine was written too much, Cyke and Xavier were written too less and Jean...sigh

Actually I do believe that she used her wind to send a wave from the ocean,because they were on the edge of an island. I dont believe it just dropped from a cloud.

Well in the deleted scene clip, it looked like that.

It drops from the clouds, like a faucet.

There was also a deleted scene where Iceman froze up Phat and Colossus smashed it!

It was a nice scene but it was too violent for the X-Men.

There was also a deleted scene where Iceman froze up Phat and Colossus smashed it!

It was a nice scene but it was too violent for the X-Men.

Yeah, I remember that one. There's also a deleted scene where Beast breaks a mutant's neck. :wow: Here are all of them. Beast scene at 7:34. There are so many scenes that I never knew were cut. This is eye opening.

[YT]T8l6_Oa8_-Q[/YT]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"