Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say what you want to say.

But at the end of the day, the costume designer is more responsible to the costumes. Bryan Singer didn't exactly design the costumes, make sketches and do costume fitting to the cast members? Right? Because that is not his job to do. He probably just approved the *best* costumes that Louise Mingenbach came up with and we know Louise's best is not really the best costumes out there.

I agree and have said before that Louise's costumes are boring and unoriginal, however Bryan continuously chooses to work with her so at some point he must share the blame.

I agree and have said before that Louise's costumes are boring and unoriginal, however Bryan continuously chooses to work with her so at some point he must share the blame.

I see no lies here.

Last edited:
CTFU. Louise did fine with there civilian wear in x1 and X2 praticually Storm in X1.
storm08.jpg%3Fw%3D480

I loved her choker here too.
x_men_3.jpg

X1 was the only film she actually looked like Storm and not Halle Berry in a Platinum blonde wig.

X3 had even worse styling. She looked like a gosh darn soccer mom or something.

2006_x_men_3_041.jpg

BTW on my Google search for images I came across this X3 promo shot that has Storm with blue eyes.
url-1362445223.jpg

I would have loved to see something like this in the films.

I agree with a lot of that, I just went off on a rage quit,but for the mos part Louise is bland.
Nice find of X3 pic with blue eyes, I remember seeing that years back,and it was hard to find again.

I loved her Phoenix jacket for Famke,and the necklace .

I also loved the Tribal jewelry Halle wore in X-1

Though I have to say her make-up was better in X-1.

I think the thing about Storm that makes her pop facially, is that while she looks natural,she usually has contrasting colors occupying her face. Like darker lip color, brown skin, blue eyes, eye shadow etc.

The lighter more natural look makes Halle look softer and less imposing. Dark color brings out her bone structure.

Again she should tan before every X-movie

halle_berry_xmen_premiere_new_york_july_12_2000_j9ZpSNm.sized.jpg

halle_berry_xmen_premiere_new_york_july_12_2000b_1A1yHbu.sized.jpg

MTS_Oceanangel2you-128972-xmen-studio-005.jpg
<< Her shape

W020060712605279237585.jpg

Last edited:
Yes, the Bryan Singer has the final say but we all know he's more focus on the story-telling and not the visuals.

Film is a visual medium. A director who doesn't care about the visuals is like a chef who doesn't care about the taste.

Mrs Vimes, since when did I say Bryan Singer doesn't care about the visuals??? Please tell me.

I only said he's MORE FOCUS on the story-telling and not the visuals.

If he doesn't care or mind about the visuals, then we would have seen everyone in colorful costumes.

Last edited:
I don't really think Bryan Singer just got to do whatever he wanted with the costumes?

I'm sure that, regardless of his status as director, FOX had some input as well as some of the actors themselves.

I don't really think Bryan Singer just got to do whatever he wanted with the costumes?

I'm sure that, regardless of his status as director, FOX had some input as well as some of the actors themselves.

For little miss JLaw, for sure.

Surely not James McAvoy. I remember he made a joke about "too many brown jackets." :oldrazz:

I'm watching the host, thinking they could've cgi'd Storms eyes in XDOFP

I haven't seen 12 Years a Slave yet but based on this pic alone, HIRE LUPITA NOW!

Ultimately Bryan Singer is responsible for approving the costumes and every other visual element of his films: HE'S THE DIRECTOR AND IT'S HIS VISION. I'm not sure why some of you are trying to take the responsibility off his shoulders but...that's where it belongs. He doesn't have to sit down and stitch the costumes himself to be responsible for their outcome. :dry:

The fact is, he--along with Louise Mingenbach--has taken Marvel's most notably gorgeous black super-heroines (who's classically exotic costume traditionally bares flesh) and one of Hollywood's most beautiful actresses (known worldwide for her flawless physique) and f***ed them BOTH up with the most bland, covered-up butch appeal possible.

How does that even happen? How do you possibly make Halle Berry NON-sexy? Only in Bryan's films does such a crime occur. :down

And catwoman.She was more unsexy In catwoman than as Storm.Only catwoman could make S&M look terrable.

How does that even happen? How do you possibly make Halle Berry NON-sexy? Only in Bryan's films does such a crime occur. :down

I think that's a little far...there's been points where Halle looked sexy in the trilogy..particularly in X2 with the low cut top at the museum...and this is coming from a gay man. I wouldn't consider her appearance 'butch' lol.

But I do agree, some of the costume choices for Storm are questionable.

I think that's a little far...there's been points where Halle looked sexy in the trilogy..particularly in X2 with the low cut top at the museum...and this is coming from a gay man. I wouldn't consider her appearance 'butch' lol.

But I do agree, some of the costume choices for Storm are questionable.

I think she looked sexy coming down the stairs in X2 to greet Logan's return home. But I wasn't so much focusing on her civilian clothes in my statement: more towards her X-Man uniform itself. It just covered up SO much and it was really unnecessary.

They all kinda looked like the Matrix (which was popular at the time). I wouldn't have minded them all wearing black leather but the girls could've had some variety in the way it was designed for their bodies.

Yeah, Rogue could have a leather jacket, Jean could have a sleeveless leather outfit or something different and Storm could have a leather outfit that is showing off her cleavage/arms. A little closer from the costumes in the comics would have been better.

The leather costumes for the X-Women including Shadowcat are all the same. Imagine if Psylocke was on the team. She would have worn the same thing.

Last edited:
Nope she wore a muscle shirt with a corset ;)

Yeah, Rogue could have a leather jacket, Jean could have a sleeveless leather outfit or something different and Storm could have a leather outfit that is showing off her cleavage/arms. A little closer from the costumes in the comics would have been better.

The leather costumes for the X-Women including Shadowcat are all the same. Imagine if Psylocke was on the team. She would have worn the same thing.

And that's the crux of my entire point: the uniform concepts were boring, uninspired, and frankly, lazy.

Tbh, Bryan dosen't seem to know much about clothes and assumes what Louise does is great. But still famke and halle looked sexy to me so whateves, even rogue in X2, her costume appeared to be a mix of latex and leather.

Tbh, Bryan dosen't seem to know much about clothes and assumes what Louise does is great. But still famke and halle looked sexy to me so whateves, even rogue in X2, her costume appeared to be a mix of latex and leather.

I agree..Singer isn't the most fashion-forward man...look how he dresses:whatever:

If Storm's signature look in the comics was flannel button downs, Singer would be the perfect person to ask ;)

Ok, I'm done.

Not every gay is fashion forward :o and seriously picking on how he dresses? Grow up.

Not every gay is fashion forward :o

Greater truth has never been spoken.

My partner looks his best only when he's wearing his precinct-issued (extremely fitted) cop uniform over that muscular frame of his. And that's sad. Aside from that? He can't dress his ash to save his own life. :funny:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"