Days of Future Past "By The Goddess!": The Official Storm Discussion - Part 6

I seriously don't know how could they pull off that headdress in live action.

Yeah it kind of stretches reason a bit. Maybe when she is in Africa in Apoc. but I can't see her just walking around with it on in America unless it's right when she gets here.

The Xtreme X-Men picture would look better in live-action but it could look like a headband.

The typical Storm headdress in the comics would just look odd in live-action even if she's wearing her traditional black costume in the comics. Look at Thor, I still haven't seen him wear his helmet except for some promo pics.

The headdress would work fine if they showed her African origins, depicting her in a small village in Kenya where she was given the headdress in some sort of ritual.

The original comic book design is based on an Earth Mother, with the shape showing two legs that go around her forehead, then - above that - two arms and a round head. It's like one of those ancient/prehistoric relics they find that show a round-bodied Earth Mother goddess.

LOL I have ice water in my veins. I live in chill, trust me. :cool:

80sStormSubway_zps4c0a9dbd.jpg

Majik, I'm feeling this. Where is it from?

I don't want to see Storm with the mohawk leather biker look straight away.

Let's begin with her classic look - long hair, and hopefully headdress. A goddess from an innocent world where mutants like her are worshipped, respected, revered, appreciated for their gifts and what they can do for humankind.

After she comes to America, they could then show her going for the mohawk and leather in the next movie as some sort of rebellion against the way America treats mutants. She's no longer a goddess, she is hated and feared - good excuse for a change of image. Also a great piece of character development.

And Storm definitely needs character development. Let's not leap straight to the mohawk biker look. I want to see her react and evolve...

Let's begin with her classic look - long hair, and hopefully headdress. A goddess from an innocent world where mutants like her are worshipped, respected, revered, appreciated for their gifts and what they can do for humankind.

After she comes to America, they could then show her going for the mohawk and leather in the next movie as some sort of rebellion against the way America treats mutants. She's no longer a goddess, she is hated and feared - good excuse for a change of image. Also a great piece of character development.

And Storm definitely needs character development. Let's not leap straight to the mohawk biker look. I want to see her react and evolve...

Oh, I agree with this. All of this actually.

I am so hoping we'll get to see how powerful Storm is in X-Men: Apocalypse

I agree with what you said, I guess it depends on whether they will show some history with Storm or her orgins since some of the movie will take place in Egypt or if they will just make her an average american who has possibly been living in the US for years.

Me too. we should see her with the long white hair first before she transforms into punk Storm.

My sentiments exactly. :up:

Hoping to see something like this:
xmenhiddenyears6.jpg

Btw, I most definitely expect younger Storm in Africa having the long flowing hair, more African garb, and possibly being a street thief with Gambit. At some point she'd need to escape and ends up in NY in her biker punk look.

And if we have an exotic setting, like Egypt or Kenya, then we have that headdress at last. It is, after all, where she kept all her lockpicks...and it stops her tresses flying into her face and eyes when she is whipping up a tempest.

I like the idea of Storm recieving the tiara as a gift in Africa and she wears it all the time then when she comes to America she feels a out of place and hated so she puts it away, but in a sort of "mutant and proud" realization she decides to wear it again because it reminds her of where she comes from, the kindness of the village people who loved and appreciated her gifts, and the mission/dream she has devoted herself to fulfilling.

https://twitter.com/kylebuchanan/status/471687463627665411

I guess it was through this deleted monologue that we would learn something new about Storm like Halle said...

See, she wasn't lying after all. :oldrazz:

I knew Halle wouldn't lie about this! *sigh* just when I thought they (Bryan) was understanding Ororo :csad:.

[Tweet Responding to someone saying "I don't think Bryan Singer likes Halle Berry anyway."] "No, he just doesnt like the character , he didnt even want storm in x1, but Marvel insisted she be in" is that true??? :wow:

What is her tiara/headdress made of out anyway? I honestly think it would only look right in Africa, or it she wore her classic bathing suit costume. And, I don't find them doing that.

The headdress would work fine if they showed her African origins, depicting her in a small village in Kenya where she was given the headdress in some sort of ritual.

The original comic book design is based on an Earth Mother, with the shape showing two legs that go around her forehead, then - above that - two arms and a round head. It's like one of those ancient/prehistoric relics they find that show a round-bodied Earth Mother goddess.

Yes, the headdress would work if they showed her African origins. But the moment she arrived at the X-Mansion, I just don't see her wearing it anymore, like training in Danger Room and going to missions with a headdress.

What is her tiara/headdress made of out anyway? I honestly think it would only look right in Africa, or it she wore her classic bathing suit costume. And, I don't find them doing that.

Exactly. I only want to see her in that Headdress in the Classic uniform that it was made for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MartyMcFly1985
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"