C. Nolan's Interstellar - Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup. All the pieces for a scene stealer are there.
genius, unpredictable, heroic ending, etc.
It just needs a little more... push. :D

And yes... Gary would rock that role. :up:

I sense a new thread within a few posts... :ninja:

If I had to cast the movie, I'd have this:

Cooper: Matthew Mcconaughey
Brand: Anne Hathaway
Doyle: Jessica Chastain
Roth: Gary Oldman
Tars: Chiwetal Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, Cillian Murphy
Case: Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Fassbender
Murph: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Donald: Michael Caine

For Tars and Case, I'd prefer if they were humanoid robots (so androids like David in Prometheus) so the actual actors could play them, but I'm fine with voicing.

Also if those leaked audition tapes are legit, which I'm pretty certain they are, then [BLACKOUT]Murph[/BLACKOUT] is now female, which is kinda a shame since I think JGL would have been great (you even could have made him a little older in the first act and just make him look like a teen).

Taking that into account I hope Chastain doesn't play him/her.

I sense a new thread within a few posts... :ninja:

If I had to cast the movie, I'd have this:

Cooper: Matthew Mcconaughey
Brand: Anne Hathaway
Doyle: Jessica Chastain
Roth: Gary Oldman
Tars: Chiwetal Ejiofor, Michael Fassbender, Cillian Murphy
Case: Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Fassbender
Murph: Joseph Gordon-Levitt
Donald: Michael Caine

For Tars and Case, I'd prefer if they were humanoid robots (so androids like David in Prometheus) so the actual actors could play them, but I'm fine with voicing.

Also if those leaked audition tapes are legit, which I'm pretty certain they are, then [BLACKOUT]Murph[/BLACKOUT] is now female, which is kinda a shame since I think JGL would have been great (you even could have made him a little older in the first act and just make him look like a teen).

Taking that into account I hope Chastain doesn't play him/her.

Hmmm... I can't buy who you have for Murph. He doesn't even [BLACKOUT]resemble McConaughey[/BLACKOUT] in any way.

Hmmm... I can't buy who you have for Murph. He doesn't even [BLACKOUT]resemble McConaughey[/BLACKOUT] in any way.

True, but then again neither does Caine, who taking into account common sense and the audition tapes is most definitely playing [BLACKOUT]Donald[/BLACKOUT]. JGL is who I pictured when reading his part, idk he just strikes me as similar to him. However if he were to take the role it'd have to be expanded since in most of the script he's just a bit more than an extended cameo

True, but then again neither does Caine, who taking into account common sense and the audition tapes is most definitely playing [BLACKOUT]Donald[/BLACKOUT]. JGL is who I pictured when reading his part, idk he just strikes me as similar to him. However if he were to take the role it'd have to be expanded since in most of the script he's just a bit more than an extended cameo

I think Caine is playing Brand's father and not Donald but I could be wrong. But even if he is playing Donald, I can buy him being related to MConaughey rather than JGL.

I think Caine is playing Brand's father and not Donald but I could be wrong. But even if he is playing Donald, I can buy him being related to MConaughey rather than JGL.

I doubt it, he's barely in it lol.

And fair enough, agree to disagree :yay:

hi, can anyone please pm me the script or at least tell me where to look for it?
Thanks!

Caine as Anne's dad. It would be funny to see him tell her off and such.

On the other thread you said Brand has a gratuitous sex scene? Nolan is stepping things up romance wise it seems.

On the other thread you said Brand has a gratuitous sex scene? Nolan is stepping things up romance wise it seems.

I can't even call it a step up. It just struck me as an unnecessary scene. It's one of those
"Oh hey, there's a female in the cast! Therefore we must have a scene where she and the lead guy shags!" things. :doh: The romance was rushed as bad place too. I get why they added some romance but it felt forced and it fell too much into cliche territory. I also felt that it took away some from Brand's character.
IMO.

I can't even call it a step up. It just struck me as an unnecessary scene. It's one of those
"Oh hey, there's a female in the cast! Therefore we must have a scene where she and the lead guy shags!" things. :doh: The romance was rushed as bad place too. I get why they added some romance but it felt forced and it fell too much into cliche territory. I also felt that it took away some from Brand's character.
IMO.

I haven't gotten to that part but I'm willing to bet it won't be in the final film. I doubt WB will let it be an R considering that they can sell the movie on Nolan's name and having an R limits that.

I haven't gotten to that part but I'm willing to bet it won't be in the final film. I doubt WB will let it be an R considering that they can sell the movie on Nolan's name and having an R limits that.

Nah. It won't be R even with that.
It'll probably be just like what we saw in TDKR or The Prestige. I'm sure we'll get to see Matthew shirtless though because it ain't a McConaughey film if he's not shirtless. :hehe:

Nah. It won't be R even with that.
It'll probably be just like what we saw in TDKR or The Prestige. I'm sure we'll get to see Matthew shirtless though because it ain't a McConaughey film if he's not shirtless. :hehe:

Oh.

I assumed by gratuitous, you meant like.....what's the word? Explicit, I believe is what I'm looking for here.

Oh.

I assumed by gratuitous, you meant like.....what's the word? Explicit, I believe is what I'm looking for here.

Nah. I just meant it in the sense that it felt unnecessary.

IMO.
Hmm, I see.
It could come off like the Bruce/Talia hook up in TDKR, then. People thought that one was rushed and came out of nowhere too.

Regarding that scene:

I actually felt it worked in context. They learn that everyone they know is dead and that they may be the last people alive. It's a moment of two people who have lost everything desperately looking for a connection.

I just finished the script and wow, I absolutely love it. November 7, 2014 needs to hurry up.

Anyone else think that if Nolan keeps [BLACKOUT]Cooper getting back to Earth at the end[/BLACKOUT] he'll completely cut out the [BLACKOUT]space station and Cooper going to search for Brand[/BLACKOUT] and just end the movie with [BLACKOUT]Cooper dying in the snow, releasing the alien into the wildlife?[/BLACKOUT]

It has the potential to be a really emotional scene, combined with music from Hans Zimmer IMO.

IMO.

Who is

supposed to be involved in this gratuitous sex scene? Is it Anne? She's the only female I can think of in the cast, unless there are others.

Who is

supposed to be involved in this gratuitous sex scene? Is it Anne? She's the only female I can think of in the cast, unless there are others.

[BLACKOUT]Cooper and Brand, so yeah Matt and Anne.[/BLACKOUT]

i guess it will be impossible on the internet to look for Interstellar news since in the comments section someone will always spoil the movie.

Well, if you just use this place as a news source you'll be fine. Character names and some details aren't really spoilers but anything else from the script will just go in spoiler tags. Hopefully.

I could see that [blackout]hanky panky scene[/blackout] disappearing by the time the finished film is released. Doesn't really seem like Nolan's thing, imo.

Just what I was thinking Van. It is an earlier draft after all; couple that Nolan's conservative inclinations.

I don't even see it as really a Spielberg thing either. So I doubt he would have done it either. Spielberg isn't known for that usually in most of his films. Save for his darkest film ever Schindler's List.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"