Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

I'm digging it so far. I got some issues with their video quality, but it's nothing too bad. I hope that improves down the line. One of my biggest issues so far is the DVR... where you don't have a lot of options in the settings when you record stuff (IE "extend 30 minutes"). Sometimes with live shows, like the Emmys, they would go longer than usual and it would cut off in the recordings. I wanna know if that happened to anybody while using Youtube TV?

Also not a fan of not being able to look on the guide for future shows that's longer than 7 hours. On Direct TV you can look for shows 2 weeks from now in the guide. I know you can search for shows and record them, but I kinda missed that.
Yeah you're not alone. Their reddit has the same complaints about the guide not going too far in the future like Sling.

I don't really want too many more streaming services to be added. The costs are adding up!

Welp, I've finally done it... I've officially canceled Cable/Satellite after 3 decades on this earth.

TMnJ8qf.gif

I'm not surprised. Even though I don't watch it it's such a big cultural staple at least in the US

Big Bang Theory surprises. I mean I know it was highly rated for all of its run, but I have yet to meet anyone who reguraly or religiously watched the show. And I don't see that many references in pop culture unlike the Office, Friends, or even Parks and Rec

Amazon also announced a new Fire TV experience coming to devices later this year. It says it'll be a more personalised experience with support for up to 6 discrete profiles and a focus on Alexa for navigation.

Finally.

New 4k HDR Chromecast with built in Google TV (formerly Android TV) should be officially announced next week too.

Gonna pick one up day 1

They gotta ditch the sticks and dongles.

Yes, I know that sounded dirty. But I’m quite sure having my Roku with the HDMI extender hanging out of the HDMI port on my old tv for a year is what ultimately screwed up that port. They weren’t built for that constant added weight, imo, as little as it may seem. Set top devices >>>>

They won't get rid of them. It's not what most people want for whichever reasons. Plus they're cheaper to produce (less material) and I'm sure they probably use less power.

Something small and out of the way. I've never heard the issue of the HDMI breaking due to a roku or fire stick. The ones I've seen are usually pretty light

Google Announced their new streaming Chromecast called....the Chromecast with Google TV. I could've sworn they'd call it something Nest related. Nest Chromecast maybe
Chromecast with Google TV launches: 4K, Android OS, $49 - 9to5Google
JBUMrg7.jpg

ZJqOYSV.png

Anyway, I managed to snag one from Target 2 days ago on launch day. I maybe be biased because I haven't really fiddled with Fire Sticks or Rokus, but I really like it. I have a Xbox for my main entertainment device in one room and I had an older Chromecast for my living room, but this new Chromecast is obviously better.

Love being able to browse and not having to go into individual apps to find programs. The remote is a plus. Simple but I missed it when using my living room TV. No missing streaming servies. I can get HBO Max and Peacock. I also love the YouTube TV, Google and Google Assistant integration. On top of all that I still have the ability to cast from my comp or phone the traditional way.

At only 50 bucks it's really a good deal if you don't have a streaming dongle or have any Nest/Google products.

Last edited:
Google Announced their new streaming Chromecast called....the Chromecast with Google TV. I could've sworn they'd call it something Nest related. Nest Chromecast maybe
Chromecast with Google TV launches: 4K, Android OS, $49 - 9to5Google
JBUMrg7.jpg

ZJqOYSV.png

Anyway, I managed to snag one from Target 2 days ago on launch day. I maybe be biased because I haven't really fiddled with Fire Sticks or Rokus, but I really like it. I have a Xbox for my main entertainment device in one room and I had an older Chromecast for my living room, but this new Chromecast is obviously better.

Love being able to browse and not having to go into individual apps to find programs. The remote is a plus. Simple but I missed it when using my living room TV. No missing streaming servies. I can get HBO Max and Peacock. I also love the YouTube TV, Google and Google Assistant integration. On top of all that I still have the ability to cast from my comp or phone the traditional way.

At only 50 bucks it's really a good deal if you don't have a streaming dongle or have any Nest/Google products.
Finally some competition.

Ahh I can't seem to get it. If only I waited. :csad:

I guess I'll buy it eventually.

Ahh I can't seem to get it. If only I waited. :csad:

I guess I'll buy it eventually.
Someone on reddit said the coupon may appear on your next billing cycle if you signed up this month. Not holding my breath.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"