Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

So now Hulu will be removing regional sports from their service too. It's officially Sinclair asking for far too much.
It almost always is not the service (Hulu, YTTV) from what I can tell

In the end we’ll be no better off at this rate. Having a whole bunch of streaming services with exclusive content and eventually raised prices will mean no saving on a ditched cable bill. And for people who still keep cable (like me) for sports and other reasons, the overall monthly bill is getting silly lol.

And my struggle to maintain my budget between HBO Max and Netflix continues. :argh:

So now CBS owned CW stations will be pulled next. If you have live CW on your Hulu Live, YTTV, etc., and it's owned by CBS it will no longer be available.

Have you ever had the sneaking suspicion there are corporations conspiring against you?

ABC is now available on FuboTV for me. If it still had Turner channels, I would have switched to it instead of YTTV.

Wait it's using Android's native PiP, so it's not Philo, but Android that's doing it.

Less channels and they don't have unlimited cloud DVR. But that price does include regular Hulu, The whole Hulu library etc.

Remember earlier this year "YouTube TV price increase?! **** YTTV. I'm cancelling and going to Hulu"

About that
Hulu gifting Live TV subscribers with an 18% price increase in December - 9to5Mac.

If one company raises their price. Others aren't far behind.
Just as I said would happen. YTTV has typically been the cheaper of the two from the start. As soon as their price went up, it was inevitable that Hulu’s would soon follow. The only surprise to me here is that they are matching YTTV’s price instead of going past it. I figured they’d go up to $70, tbh, as they were usually $5 ahead of YTTV.

So I wonder if Stremium plays better with Locast and Philo. Sling's channel lineup was always off in its guide.

I haven't seen anyone in the reddit mention having to pay for having multiple live sources.

im not subscribing to no one. these prices are crazy

i'm gonna go buy an antennae lol

im not subscribing to no one. these prices are crazy

i'm gonna go buy an antennae lol
Antenna and Netflix/Hulu has always been a solid choice for many. Locast and Philo with Pluto for news ($25) is pretty good one too.

Of course WW84 will bring the service to Roku . :funny:

so i didn't know Peacock was free? i might download that.

t-mobile is getting into the tv streaming game. does anyone have any experience with that?

so i didn't know Peacock was free? i might download that.

t-mobile is getting into the tv streaming game. does anyone have any experience with that?
No clue about it yet. Off to reddit.

Peacock is similar to Pluto TV. They have free content and "channels" that show reruns of their content. Some content is locked behind a paywall for a subscription of $5 a month.

HBO Max is on Fire TV

Doesn't anyone here ever yearn for stability in their life?

My tv watching is perfectly stable, thanks. And much more comfortable not being trapped in a contract over-paying for hundreds of channels I don’t watch. ;)

I don't have a contract....

IIRC (very doubtful, but possible), I think I pay about the same as you do. I get to sit home in my ignorance and not wonder who is going to drop a station I like.

I don't have a contract....

IIRC (very doubtful, but possible), I think I pay about the same as you do. I get to sit home in my ignorance and not wonder who is going to drop a station I like.
Hate to break it to you, but yes you do. That s*** started with cable/dish providers. If it hasn’t happened to you yet, you’re just lucky. Hell, the reason I decided to drop cable in the first place was because Cox took BBC America off my bundle right after I had to commit to two years, and I couldn’t change bundles without paying more. And I don’t worry about that stuff now either because it never happens with channels I care about and if it ever does, it takes exactly 2 uncomplicated minutes to switch services, and I’m constantly getting stuff for free and various discounts, so I’m happy and worry-free.

Hate to break it to you, but yes you do. That s*** started with cable/dish providers. If it hasn’t happened to you yet, you’re just lucky. Hell, the reason I decided to drop cable in the first place was because Cox took BBC America off my bundle right after I had to commit to two years, and I couldn’t change bundles without paying more. And I don’t worry about that stuff now either because it never happens with channels I care about and if it ever does, it takes exactly 2 uncomplicated minutes to switch services, and I’m constantly getting stuff for free and various discounts, so I’m happy and worry-free.

If you mean a contract; meaning I can’t cancel without paying a charge, I don’t have one of those.

Edit : Maybe they have some BS service fee? In any case For phone (never use it but saves me $10), internet and TV, I think it’s around 170? I almost quit once because of some stupid CBS problem years ago, but got it on antenna; including another CBS digital station and was able to connect it to the dvr for taping.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"