Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

Okay so be on the look out for March 26th as a possible day for Hulu to add the Viacom channels.

Someone on reddit said they're getting locals without AirTV. I don't know if they're talking about NBC and Fox, which are included in Blue or what. But what they described is exactly what Sling did with AirTV mini users when they allowed Locast integration.

Yes they confirmed they don't have an AirTV product and Sling notified them to download Locast.

Reddit user confirmed he is using a Sony Smart TV and was given the prompt to install Locast to get his locals.

****ing Finally! Add Boomerang and we're good. :p

Quick rant. If you have an antenna and ***** about Locast asking for $5 a month, the service isn't for you. It's for people who need it.

Just got the notification on Sling Free to add Locast and now the my locals are appearing in the guide.

It looks like it's Android TV only for now.

Locast integration seems to only work for NBC and CoziTV, and the channels are not all appearing on the guide. Whenever I pick something else it goes to the guide, but leads to a blank grey screen. I do wonder if it's because I'm on the free version of Sling, but I don't want shill out $40-$50 just to test it.

I feel like I’m the only person left who hates these Alexa and voice enabled devices lol

Dish who owns Sling is coming after cordcutters in a new ad where they attack the constant buffering of streaming services.

Dish who owns Sling is coming after cordcutters in a new ad where they attack the constant buffering of streaming services.
Funny, I've been streaming for years now and never had any "constant buffering."

Except on CBS All Access, because they apparently use a 3rd party distribution network that's trash.

The new update for Firestick is a major improvement to the UI.

Locast integration is now available for Sling on Android phones.

Funny, I've been streaming for years now and never had any "constant buffering."

Except on CBS All Access, because they apparently use a 3rd party distribution network that's trash.

Only had that problem with anything when using wireless. I wired my house with CAT5e cabling when I remodeled so if I get any S***, I just plug. I had some issues at my mom's house so I ran a 75' CAT6 cable from the router to the living room and haven't had a problem since.

Haven't even had that problem with Paramount since.

I'm leaning towards dumping YTTV and just go back to on demand for about $20 less I get Netflix, Hulu, HBO Max, Disney+, and Peacock. All of which have my shows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"