Cable Cord Cutters Thread: Sling, Hulu, YouTube TV, Netflix, and more!

YouTube TV Rolling Out 5.1 Surround Sound, 4K Ultra HD Add-On Tier - Variety

YouTube TV is finally rolling out 5.1 Dolby surround sound audio support — which has been among users’ biggest requests — and is launching a premium “4K Plus” service tier.

The 4K Plus add-on package, in addition to providing the option watch select content in 4K, also lets subscribers download shows from their DVR to watch offline on mobile devices and provides access to an unlimited number of streams at home (vs. a max of three simultaneous streams for the regular YouTube TV service).

YouTube TV’s 4K Plus will be available at an additional $19.99 per month regularly, on top of the base $64.99/month price. In an introductory promo offer, new YouTube TV customers can get 4K Plus for $9.99/month for 12 months.

According to YouTube, 4K Plus will let subscribers watch “major sports events this summer” in 4K; live content from networks including NBC; sports like college football and basketball later this year; and on-demand content from FX, Discovery and Tastemade. YouTube had announced plans for the 4K tier earlier this year.

“With a compatible 4K-enabled TV and/or streaming device, you can enjoy watching content in one of the best, most crisp resolutions,” Neal Mohan, YouTube’s chief product officer, wrote in a blog post Monday announcing the launch.

On the sound front, YouTube TV will add 5.1 Dolby audio capabilities for “select devices,” available to all subscribers over the coming weeks, according to Mohan.

A YouTube rep said 5.1 Dolby support will be coming first to smart TVs followed by other devices but didn’t have details on manufacturers or models. The rep said a list of supported devices will be on YouTube TV’s help website as the rollout commences.

In addition, YouTube TV is adding features designed to make it easier to watch live sports. Those include the ability to jump to a specific sport in a recording (e.g., a tennis women’s singles event), advanced search capabilities to add DVR recordings (including to ability to search by league, team or tournament), and — for the Tokyo Summer Olympic Games — a medal counter to see standings by country in real time.

Navigating Apple Tv is kind of annoying. Do they not have anything besides their originals? Everything else is just add-ons that you have to have like with Prime.

Sling is bringing its new app over for Roku to beta test.

They should have an annual price for the D+, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle like they do for D+ only.

Anyone know somewhere for cheap I can stream all NFL games this season? Im not sure which streamers carry all NFL games

Anyone know somewhere for cheap I can stream all NFL games this season? Im not sure which streamers carry all NFL games
Sling TV is probably going to be your best bet until Bally Sports releases their streaming service next year. Sling has NFL Network, FS1, and ESPN and for an extra $10-$15 you can get NFL Redzone. If you're in one of their coverage zones, Locast can provide you with local channels as well.

Sling TV is probably going to be your best bet until Bally Sports releases their streaming service next year. Sling has NFL Network, FS1, and ESPN and for an extra $10-$15 you can get NFL Redzone. If you're in one of their coverage zones, Locast can provide you with local channels as well.

Yeah I got Locast for the local team but might check sling tv out for more games. I got prime covered for Thursday night but ESPN is the one Im after.

Any Prime Video recommendations? I did a quick look at their catalog of shows. Outside of original content, their license content seems pretty barebones and dependent on other services.

Yeah I got Locast for the local team but might check sling tv out for more games. I got prime covered for Thursday night but ESPN is the one Im after.
Sling Orange maybe what you're looking for then. That gives you ESPN, ESPN 2, and ESPN U. I wish ESPN+ actually showed real games on their service.

So against my better judgement I decided to sign up for Peacock, which is just my comfort show machine as I just watch Roseanne, The Office, Parks and Rec, Monk, Cybil, Frasier, Modern Family, 3rd Rock from the Sun, etc. No, I don't have Premium yet. House and Criminal Intent being on the free tier was a pleasant surprise.

That sucks, speaking of which, the broadcasters are taking their sweet time getting everyone on board for ATSC 3.0.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"