Deadpool 2 Cable should be treated seriously

Mutant 77

Supreme Keeper of the X-Men Movie Continuity
Reaction score
Hopefully. :yay:

Deadpool is Deadpool, but Cable and his backstory - as well as his mission in the movie - should be treated VERY seriously. Even with Deadpool being Deadpool and goofing around.

Otherwise, it will be a parody, not a superhero movie anymore.

I dont see why not, the first Deadpool was pretty serious when it wanted to be as well dealing with Wades cancer and relationship with Vanessa, its what grounded the first movie in some sort of realism that made it work so well. There's no evidence to suggest that they will turn Cable into something he isnt in the comics, they learnt their lessons the hard way with Origins for DP.

Yea, the dramatic notes of Deadpool were spot on. That's what makes the character compelling. That despite the zany fourth wall breaking antics it features ultimately a tragic story that makes the character relatable and believable as a real human.

They won't make Cable a laughing stock. He's a veteran of a never ending war who I bet has seen some horrific things and lost many people he cares for.

The perfect straight man to Deadpools irreverent insanity.

The fact they have cast a proper actor as well speaks volumes, otherwise they would have gone with a cheaper, lesser known face if they werent taking the character seriously.

Yes that aspect of their dynamic is important. Cable is the super serious, gruff badass while Deadpool is the goofy, oddball badass. It just works so perfectly together.

I have no worries about this at all.
The original managed to strike a perfect balance between the comedy and the more serious aspects of the story.

i seriously doudt they will made cable funny.i expect him to be straight man to deadpool.that is why josh brolin is so perfect.watch MIB III.

Cable is what we like to call "the straight man".

It's David Leitch. Even if Cable ends up being written like how Colossus was in the first one,
here's 1 of 2 directors suggesting he understands how important is to strike the right tone and making the best use of the actors playing their respective roles.

I thought the first movie was a bit of a parody...Wade wouldn't have had any problems with Ajax if he hadn't went on his revenge spree. It was like Weasel suggested - lay low and he'd have been fine.

Someone aware me on Cable's mission?

I thought the first movie was a bit of a parody...Wade wouldn't have had any problems with Ajax if he hadn't went on his revenge spree. It was like Weasel suggested - lay low and he'd have been fine.

:huh:

It's a revenge story. Francis and the guys at the workshop tortured him, and were planning to sell him off as a super-slave. Wade doesn't strike me as the kinda guy who'd let them go off clean with something like that.

He's a big muscled dude with a giant gun. He should be played straight, but that doesn't mean there isn't inherent humor in the character.

What?

He's a big muscled dude with a giant gun. He should be played straight, but that doesn't mean there isn't inherent humor in the character.

Exactly. Him explaining his convoluted backstory could be the funniest thing ever as long as he takes it completely seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"